• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rare Charmander missprint first gen

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I wanted to sell my pokemon cards and found some pretty cool things from 20 years ago when i was a kid like some rare holos and the fossil krabby however this charmander missprint caught my attention since i couldn't find antthing like it on the web it is a charmander a little bit off color it has no numbers or dates in the bottom and more interesting it is jungle type. What do you think i can do with it how much can i sell it to it's a unique missprint of an important pokemon please guide me

Attachments

• Rare Charmander missprint first gen
      IMG_3441.jpg
      999.4 KB · Views: 24
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Shadowless cards aren't technically a misprint, it's just considered a higher rarity value of the card generally speaking, but shadowless misprints go for higher, it's hard to estimate value for these sorts of things as it's up to the buyer and they are never online for sale longer then a day.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • This isn't even an official "Shadowless" card, but unfortunately a counterfeit. Shadowless cards do have a slightly different color and wonky HP font/placement, but nearly all of these fonts are incorrect. Misprints might have a couple errors, including wrong set symbol or missing damage, but this one has far too many to even be a contender for an official card.

Here's how a Shadowless Charmander should look:
    Rare Charmander missprint first gen

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Thanks Icy, Don was not being helpful while I couldn't post in school today. Yeah, will confirm that is a fake. The font is off and the dates are missing.

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
  • Definitely a fake with the Jungle logo. They wouldn't have made a misprint like that. The worst you'll get is documented spelling mistakes or misaligned/miscut cards at the most.

Back