• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate a Newbies Pokemon Team Please!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2013
    Ok, some of my team is traded over from platinum, Im 2 gyms into heartgold and have:
    -----------------
    Bayleef Lv.24
    -----------------
    Magical Leaf
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    PoisonPowder
    -----------------
    Espeon Lv.22
    -----------------
    Shasow Ball
    Psychic
    ThunderBolt
    Cut !
    -----------------
    Mamoswine Lv.23
    ------------------
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast
    -----------------
    Blissey Lv.22
    -----------------
    Giga Impact
    SoftBoiled
    Energy Ball
    Focus Punch
    -----------------
    Gyarados Lv.23
    -----------------
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Earthquake
    ----------------
    Nidoking Lv.24
    -----------------
    Stone Edge
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    ----------------
    Please rate my team and tell me what I could do better. Thanks.;):):):)

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
  • That's a good team but is it for In-game right?
    Looks more for competitive...

Espeon :-
    It has Cut!?!?!, that's not so good!
    Shasow Ball or Shadow Ball?

Mamoswine & Gyarados :-
    Why ice moves for two Pokémon, One should be enough!

Except these all are OK...
    I don't have much idea but, 7/10

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Good but it looks like you need to ease up on the less pp moves like SE, (stone edge) Blizzard etc and have maybe 1 staple move per poke.
    For example, Mamoswine could have Ice Fang or something.
    Also, on your Blissey you have two physical moves which will do no good what-so-ever, teach Blissey some support moves and keep Energy Ball. (I think the most used attack for Blissey competetively is Ice Beam but you have no need for it)
    One last thing, be aware of your pokemon's stats.
    Gyarados is a physical sweeper, so you'd be doing much more damage with a set like this,
    Dragon Dance
    Aqua Tail / Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang

Only problem being, is you might find half of your moves are ice type :P
    Hope this helped

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • Gyarados with 3 Special Moves? Eww. Think about what you have done then fix him up

Also, another question, why do you hack your pokemon? 2nd gym you should NOT have them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Ok, some of my team is traded over from platinum, Im 2 gyms into heartgold and have:
    -----------------
    Bayleef Lv.24
    -----------------
    Magical Leaf
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    PoisonPowder

Bayleef looks quite good for this early in the game, Synthesis is really useful although when you get into the elite four you may only need it "sometimes." Poison powder is alright, so is magical leaf. Why have razor leaf and magical leaf? Why not teach bayleef light screen to increase its defence even more! Sweet Bayleef. 7.5/10
    -----------------
    Espeon Lv.22
    -----------------
    Shasow Ball
    Psychic
    ThunderBolt
    Cut !

Haha. Your espeon is okay, but it need some improvement. Firstly, cut? That is a waste of a move slot. Teach cut to and oddish or paras, catch one in Ilex forest. Shadow ball is good, pshycic good, remove cut for Recover if it can leaern that and then teach it Glare or something like that. And remove thunderbolt for protect or recover. 6/10

-----------------
    Mamoswine Lv.23
    ------------------
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Blizzard
    Focus Blast

Huh? Why two ice moves? One is good enough I suggest Ice beam, good power and good accuracy, not like blizzard. Focus blast is alright... but I'd rather use Rest since it is a big pokemon and can take some damage. Earthquake is perfect! 8/10

-----------------
    Blissey Lv.22
    -----------------
    Giga Impact
    SoftBoiled
    Energy Ball
    Focus Punch

Okay. Blissey looks good. Giga impace might be too strong but meh; Soft boiled is great energy ball is odd but replace focus punch with Protect or Egg bomb. Remember blissey is a good pokemon and is hard to take down without a fighting type. So use it's defence to your advantage, teach it some strategic moves to cause staus effects on other pokemon. 7/10

-----------------
    Gyarados Lv.23
    -----------------
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Earthquake

Uhm, you already taught earthquake to Mamoswime.. whats the point of dark pulse? And ice beam? Okay remove surf, and replace with Hydro Pump, teach ti dragon dance, add dragon breathe and finsh the moveset off with a ice fang or Twister.
    5/10

----------------
    Nidoking Lv.24
    -----------------
    Stone Edge
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    ----------------

Earthquake has already been used. Stone Edge is a good choice, teach it toxic brick break is good so is flamethrower. 7/10

Overall this is a good team, I recommened thinking about what I said.. and you wil be fine. Good work. Have fun with HG/SS

Please rate my team and tell me what I could do better. Thanks.;):):):)

This is just a filler. I actually wrote text in the quote above. ^

Kinggex

Poke-Manic.
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Hmm not bad. How long have you been playing for and which pokemons did you trade?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Cut on an Espeon? Well, as long as it's for in-game, I can't really say otherwse.

GIGA IMPACT? ON BLISSEY? W.. WHAT THE? Blissey has one of the worse attacks in-game. Giving it Giga Impact is just.. suicide. Find a defensive move to help it's stats.

Back