• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate/Help my team

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 18, 2008
    Right first things first, I have never even considered building a competitive team let alone try to build one and as you can see im a bit of a noob to all this stuff.

Still, Maybe a little help with these 3 so far and a few suggestions for more additions, but please no excessively OU such as Salamence etc…

Medicham @ Muscle Band
    Adamant
    Pure Power
    EV'S: 252Att/ ??Spd/ ????
    Brick Break
    Psycho Cut
    Thunder Punch
    Bulk Up

480Att = Yum. Skill swap would mess me up but meh. Thunderpunch is for flyer's, Psycho cut for pretty neutral damage on most things other two are obvious. One question if i used Power Trick to swap my def/att would my new attack double with Pure Power which if EV'd would give me a massive 546att, which isn't even fair :P

Magnezone @ ???
    Modest
    Sturdy
    EV'S: 252SpAtt/ ??? Spd/ ???
    T-bolt
    Flash Cannon
    Magnet Rise
    HP Ice

Magnet Rise + HP ice lol's at EQing dragons.

Togekiss@ Lefties
    Calm
    Serene grace
    Ev's: ???
    Nasty Plot
    Baton Pass
    Air Slash
    Roost

Thanks for the help.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The one thing I noticed off the bat is that magneton had sturdy. The whole point of using that is to trap steels, namely skarmory, with magnet pull :P Change that right away ;)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Medicham is too fragile to make use of bulk up.

Not true my good man.

Medicham @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Bulk Up
    - Brick Break
    - Psycho Cut

I ran this in ADV, but it was a bit better then. Oh well, it should still work. Switch inot something like blissey, set up a sub, and you get a free hit on the counter. If it's one you think you can outstall, BU a few times and you'll be tough to beat.

It's novelty, but it works.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I think Gallade does that much better :/

I disagree, medicham packs a FAR greater punch than Galladewould ever dream of. It LOOKS like a tank set, but that isn't the goal at all. Gallade has bulk on its side, but that iosn't really the goal :P

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Believe me, with alot of OHKO Clauses common, as well s common rarity of OHKO moves, Sturdy is plan down useless. However, the setup of moves is good. Blissey messes you up however. Guess the Baton Pass Togekiss is there for that.

Looks as a Basic BP Togekiss, so no comment there.

With the Magnezone, it can lure out Blissey for a Bulk Upper Medicham, using Pop Culture's set. However, Choice Scarf one works very well too. Personally, I'm not a user, but I can see the variability and power in it.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Choice Scarf is better than BU Medicham for sure, I can tell you that. but teams that AREN'T prepared for BU Medicham ALWAYS lose to it.

Years
    Right first things first, I have never even considered building a competitive team let alone try to build one and as you can see im a bit of a noob to all this stuff.

Still, Maybe a little help with these 3 so far and a few suggestions for more additions, but please no excessively OU such as Salamence etc…

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    Pure Power
    EV'S: 252Att/ ??Spd/ ????
    Brick Break
    Psycho Cut
    Thunder Punch
    Ice Punch

480Att = Yum. Skill swap would mess me up but meh. Thunderpunch is for flyer's, Psycho cut for pretty neutral damage on most things other two are obvious. One question if i used Power Trick to swap my def/att would my new attack double with Pure Power which if EV'd would give me a massive 546att, which isn't even fair :P You do realise that you get a much better boost with Bulk up and you would increase your defence rather than lowering it. Scarf Set is the best.

Magnezone @ Leftovers/Specs
    Modest
    Magnet Pull
    EV'S: 252SpAtt/ 68 Spd/ 188 HP
    T-bolt
    Flash Cannon
    Tri Attack
    HP Ice

Magnet Rise + HP ice lol's at EQing dragons. And Most of these carry Fire Blast

Togekiss@ Lefties
    Calm
    Serene grace
    Ev's: ???
    Nasty Plot/Ancinet Power
    Baton Pass/Twave
    Air Slash
    Roost

Thanks for the help.

Edit in Bold. You will want to post 6 before we can rate them as a team.

Back