• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my competitive team!

Rogs9i5

Breeder Extraordinaire
    Years
    Here's my team:

Bronzong (Levitate)
    Sassy
    252 HP, 28 Def, 228 Sp. Def
    @Mind Plate
    Grass Knot
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Stealth Rock

This Bronzong is my lead and has been very effective. It starts up with setting up Stealth Rock, and then depending on the opponent, either Grass Knots, or Calm Minds, and then Psychics. It has proved to be a really good lead.

Kingdra (Life Orb)
    Rash
    Swift Swim
    152 Attack, 106 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Rain Dance
    -Outrage
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    Kingdra takes advantage of Swift Swim and attacks with Surf and Ice Beam. It can also use Outrage for more power.

Weavile (Scope Lens)
    Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Ice Shard
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash

Weavile with Scope Lens is a beast. Firstly, its really fast. Night Slash has a high critical hit ratio, and Scope Lens enhances that. With fast opponents, Ice Shard is ready to attack.

Yanmega (Wise Glasses)
    Speed boost
    Modest
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    -Bug Buzz
    -Air Slash
    -Ancientpower
    -Detect
    Detects first, and then it should have enough speed to outspeed most Pokemon. AncientPower is there to counter fire and ice Pokemon that might switch into it.

Cacturne@ Focus Sash
    Brave
    Sand Veil
    252 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Sucker Punch
    -Payback
    -Revenge
    -Energy Ball

This is the most amazing revenge killer I've ever used. Cacturne can come in and get at least one KO in before getting KO'd itself. Sash will always let it survive one hit to get in a STAB and 100 power Payback, and then surprise my opponent with an unexpected Sucker Punch. The same could apply for Revenge if Payback wasn't able it hit hard enough. Energy Ball is mostly a filler.

Registeel@ Leftovers
    Impish
    Clear Body
    252 HP, 50 Def, 208 Sp. Def
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

This serves as both swap-in support and a Toxic staller. I caught this thing with beefy IVs, so with the EV spread I gave it, both defenses are equally beefy, and it can take some serious hits. It sets up toxic, and can stall opponents out with EQ and Protect, or use Protect to scout the opponent and swap in to something that can resist the hit and KO the opponent. Explosion is there if I feel like the job is done, or if it's a stall war that I would otherwise not be able to win.

So, what do you think?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Bronzong is bad with special attacks, so you might want to change that.
    Relaxed > Sassy for more defence, and go with a different move set.
    - Hypnosis
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion

Kingdra has no use for Rain Dance, unless you're using rain dance for the majority of the team.
    Dragon Dance > Rain Dance

Protect > Detect on Yanmega, more PP

I'm no expert on this, but they're just my recommendations.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Use the set ^ said for Zong @ Leftovers. The plates are trash.

Yanmega wants to lead and Hypnosis >> Ancient Power@Sash because as soon as it switches into Stealth Rock, its useless. Even then its really not good and there are far better special sweepers.

Focus Sash is a poop item on ANTHING other than leads. Stealth Rock says hi. Put a LO on Cacturne and get rid of Energy Ball.

Cacturne@Life Orb
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - SuperPower
    - Swords Dance

Weavile wants a Choice Band and Pursuit >> Night Slash prolly so you can pose a threat to junk that is going to switch out of you. Thats one of Weaviles biggest selling points.

You have the biggest Heatran weak ive ever seen, especially non choice versions. 5 pokes weak to fire and with one resist who has a lo so will get worn down really fast which really isnt going to work ever.

Registeels role is so redundant i cant even describe how redundant it is. It does literally nothing for this team lol. Something much more useful could be placed over it.

You fail to take into accout other threats like Scizor and a whole host of other threats that naming them would take me all year; Lucario, Metagross, Infernape, Breloom, Mamoswine, to name just a few.

Use this, thats what its there for. Basically this team needs a massive revamp and also has alot of outclassed and dead weight pokes. >.<

Years
    I dont really know much about competitive battling but your Bronzongs moveset needs boosting up a bit, especially because you have levitate as opposed to that other one Bronzong can have, i cant remember lol, so you may need something like rain dance, to lower the power of those darn fire moves, or maybe even earthquake?

Thats all i can say really but good luck!

Get Away From That Outlet Pikachu!

You can haz Thunderbolt?
    Years
    Here's my team:

Bronzong (Levitate)
    Sassy
    252 HP, 28 Def, 228 Sp. Def
    @Mind Plate
    Grass Knot
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Stealth Rock

This Bronzong is my lead and has been very effective. It starts up with setting up Stealth Rock, and then depending on the opponent, either Grass Knots, or Calm Minds, and then Psychics. It has proved to be a really good lead.

Umm no offense but this Bronzong needs to be completely changed run this instead:

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD

Levitate
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

this is much better then the Bronzong you are using currently, because frankly as of now your Bronzong is a dead weight/set up fodder for many pokes.

Kingdra (Life Orb)
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall
    -Hydro Pump
    Kingdra takes advantage of Swift Swim and attacks with Surf and Ice Beam. It can also use Outrage for more power.

Swift swim is great and all, but Dragon Dance is more useful as it powers up all of your attacks, and not only that, but Rain Dance doesn't do much for the rest of your team either, also Kingdra's set is pretty bad.

Weavile (Scope Lens)
    Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Ice Shard
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash

Weavile with Scope Lens is a beast. Firstly, its really fast. Night Slash has a high critical hit ratio, and Scope Lens enhances that. With fast opponents, Ice Shard is ready to attack.

No. If you want a revenge killer this is the way to go:

Heatran@Choice Scarf
    Naive Nature
    252 Spe / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Hp
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]
    ~ Explosion

Great revenge killer, takes care of Scizor/Dragons and can Explode on Blissey.

Yanmega (Wise Glasses)
    Speed boost
    Modest
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    -Bug Buzz
    -Air Slash
    -Ancientpower
    -Detect
    Detects first, and then it should have enough speed to outspeed most Pokemon. AncientPower is there to counter fire and ice Pokemon that might switch into it.

Yanmega is a TERRIBLE special sweeper, with the abundance of rocks this thing is going down in a hurry. If you really want to keep it on your team I would suggest putting it as your lead with a different set.

As far as special sweeping goes, I would recommend Alakazam

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
    252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam
    - Trick

Extremely powerful and fast, trick screws up things like Blissey who think they can wall you.
    Cacturne@ Focus Sash
    Brave
    Sand Veil
    252 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Sucker Punch
    -Payback
    -Revenge
    -Energy Ball

This is the most amazing revenge killer I've ever used. Cacturne can come in and get at least one KO in before getting KO'd itself. Sash will always let it survive one hit to get in a STAB and 100 power Payback, and then surprise my opponent with an unexpected Sucker Punch. The same could apply for Revenge if Payback wasn't able it hit hard enough. Energy Ball is mostly a filler.

Cacturn is far outclassed in OU, it's not that great either, Sash will break 99% of the time because of rocks. Breloom would be a MUCH better sweeper for you.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Substitute
    - Leech Seed / Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb

Most people say Leech Seed >> Spore, but Poison heal gives you ample recovery imo. and most people won't stay in on Breloom anyways.

Registeel@ Leftovers
    Impish
    Clear Body
    252 HP, 50 Def, 208 Sp. Def
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

This serves as both swap-in support and a Toxic staller. I caught this thing with beefy IVs, so with the EV spread I gave it, both defenses are equally beefy, and it can take some serious hits. It sets up toxic, and can stall opponents out with EQ and Protect, or use Protect to scout the opponent and swap in to something that can resist the hit and KO the opponent. Explosion is there if I feel like the job is done, or if it's a stall war that I would otherwise not be able to win.

Eww. If you really want a Toxic Staller the Fat pink blob is the way to go.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Natural Cure
    252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD

- Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Seismic Toss

So, what do you think?

This team needs a lot of work.
    I'm not that good of a rater but I hope this helped.

Detox

EW! your team is just wrong. re-post with a real team. i'm a perfessional poke battler so you need 2 things to get good. Double battles only

1. to just make your team anything, here: Articuno@focus sash Moves: mind reader-SHEER COLD Blizzard and roost. combine with the togi's follow me and you can kill anything. remember mind reader+SHEER COLD is the key

Uh, thats shitty coverage and OHKO moves are banned in competitve play. Also no one does double battles >=/

2. Togetic/togekiss@focus sash Moves: follow me-protect-aura shere-extremespeed

^ What is that? Togekiss is too bulky for a sash so its a useless item. Plus entry hazards can break sashes so never use it on anything besides a lead.

Seriously, stop spamming, we already have enough of that.

Cant do a full rate but, If you want something beter than Cacturne try HonchKrow or Absol. Higher attack, same toothpick defenses, and better speed.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Seriously, stop spamming, we already have enough of that.

Cant do a full rate but, If you want something beter than Cacturne try HonchKrow or Absol. Higher attack, same toothpick defenses, and better speed.

Mini-modding is equally spammish and not helpful. =/

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
    Here's my opinion :X

.Bronzong - Like others said, these guys work better with Physical Attacks, with Relax as better defense: I don't see how Mind Plate does much, where other items are much better.

.Kingdra - Dragon Dance >> Rain Dance unless if your team is based on water types, which none are in this case - You may want to go with Pure Special and use Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor if you want to use Rain Dance, otherwise - DD + Sniper

.Weavile - is a great Pokemon indeed, but since many of your Pokemons are fragile against any unresisted attacks, it might not be the best after all since something else with Choice Scarf can easily revenge kill it.

.Yanmega gets straight OHKOed by any attack after Stealth Rock is in play (unless the opponent uses a Choiced Fighting or Grass attack) - generally Bug/Flying is a really cursed type, and Yanmega is no exception + it's walled and outclassed by others in OU as well. Recommended to replace.

.Cacturne's - For a Grass/Dark version of "Glass Cannon", Focus Sash might work but it's plain useless if there's any entry harzards - but overall, Cacturne's too outclassed by many threats in OU. However, if you can get a Hippowdon and Tyranitar, it can give your opponents a good great grief, so try abuse that Sand Veil of yours with Sandstream support. Also you should replace Energy ball, going 1 Special and 3 Special Attack for a loss of speed is really not great. Go Seed Bomb + Adamant or Jolly nature. Recommened to replace.

.Registeel - I really love this Pokemon, but the cursed offensive and speed stats have prevented me from using it (same goes for others). Anyways, EVEN with great IVs, I wouldnt suggest you using it. It lacks the offensive capabilities in OU (although it does shine in UU) to be a threat of anything + it doesn't seem to be doing much. Levitating Ghosts (The Thing called Gengar to be specific) will COMPLETELY wall you, no matter what you do. Gengar is one of the TOP threat of the metagame (6-0 me once T_T) - Toxic doesn't work, Earthquake doesn't work, and even Explosion won't work. So replace this pokemon with something else.

Well, the problems with your Pokemons are:
    .Each Pokemon needs their own support (Kingdra = Rain / Cacturne = Sandstorm / Yanmega = Rapid Spin)
    .Registeel does nothing to Gengar and majority of Steels
    .Many are outclassed heavily by others & needs replacement
    .In danger of threats (especially fire types & revenge killers)

Hope it helped - Even though I'm not much too great at rating :X

Back