• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Competitive Team

Years
    So I did this competitive team 5 minutes ago and since this is pretty much my first competitive team I have ever done, I wanted to know what do you think, and if there is something that could be better please give me a suggestion I will appreaciate it :)

Here is my team:

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze
    Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    -Dragon Claw
    -Dragon Dance
    -Roost
    -Flare Blitz
    So I started by putting a Charizard X in my team because I wanted to do a team with it and I prefer this move set then the Charizard Y. Plus, for me Charizard X it's a really good Dragon Pokémon and with +2 Dragon Claw you can 1/2 hit KO.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Timid Nature
    -Defog
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Healing Wish
    After putting Charizard on the team, I knew from the start that it doesn't appreciate Stealth Rocks, so I needed a Defoger, since Latias is pretty bulky I think there is no use of putting any Evs on SpD/Def.

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power
    Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    -Play Rough
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -Superpower
    Since my team is based on Charizard, I knew "snowballers" Pokémons, like Blaziken and stuff, would easily wreck my Charizard, so I thought in putting a Azumarill, since it is really strong with it's Attack boost of it's ability and the Choice Band. Plus, I've seen other players using Azumarill and it wrecks a lot of teams.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Evs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
    Impish Nature
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect
    -Power Whip

So my next Pokémon is my Ferrothorn, I didn't choose him for any specific reason, I just thought it'd be good to have a Stealth Rocker in my team, plus, he's a good physical wall, and it can also resist Ice type moves. Also, he can take care of some nowadays water Pokémons that you see really usually, like Rotom-W and Politoed.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Bold Nature
    -Toxic
    -Taunt
    -Scald
    -Recover

I've put Jellicent in my team because it is a nice physical wall, and I needed something with Taunt and Toxic, also, I could use Jellicent to be a anti-rapid spinner since Normal type moves couldn't hit Ghost Pokémon. Plus, his passive might be really useful.

Mismagius (M) @Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Modest Nature
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Substitute
    -Nasty Plot

I have taken Mismagius as my last Pokémon, because I needed a Special Attacker. I really like Misamgius so why not take him. The idea of his moveset is basically Substitute and set up some Nasty Plots if possible.

I think I should have some sort of Steel or Poison type Move/Pokémon, because of fairy, I don't think I have anything that can actually hit super effectively a fairy type Pokémon.
    And also, now that I think it's missing a ground pokémon with Earthquake and Stone Edge... That would be nice. Well give your opinion please :)

So this is it. I will say again, I'm new into competitive battling and this is my very first competitive team that I build up and I'd rather have constructive opinions then opinions that are pretty much useless (You're noob; etç...). So leave your opinions please :) Thanks

I'm gonna trade my Jellicent for a Gliscor, since I already got a ghost type. I need a Earthquake, and Gliscor knows how to use Toxic too so.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Dont use Jellicent. Dont use Mismagius. Use a better Zard-X spread. Use the first four mons and u've got urself some standard offense. Throw stallbreaker Lando-I in there. Maybe some other backbone. Be creative. But dont be so creative that you bring stuff like Jellicent. You're not LadyBug. Yet.

Years
    Dont use Jellicent. Dont use Mismagius. Use a better Zard-X spread. Use the first four mons and u've got urself some standard offense. Throw stallbreaker Lando-I in there. Maybe some other backbone. Be creative. But dont be so creative that you bring stuff like Jellicent. You're not LadyBug. Yet.

Okay. Thanks. Btw what do you exactly mean Lando-I?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Alright. Thank you :) ANd Landorous Evs are 252 SpA, 252 Spe and 4 HP? Is that okay?
    That's what Incarnate Landorus runs, yes.

Anyway, to expand what Moxie said, and to add another viable set:
    -Earth Power
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Sludge Wave/Knock Off/Stealth Rock
    Nature: Timid/Naive
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

or
    -Rock Polish
    -Earth Power
    -Psychic
    -Knock Off/Focus Blast
    Nature: Rash/Modest
    EVs: 48 Atk/252 SAtk/208 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

For Charizard X, since it's running Roost, the EV spread of 248 HP/152 Atk/108 Spe is your best bet. This gives Charizard X enough bulk to get more than 1 Dragon Dance up per match. If you intend to keep your current spread, drop Roost for Earthquake so you can hit Heatran (and to a lesser extent, Azumarill). It all boils down to more power or more bulk.

What does Ferrothorn's EV spread accomplish, really? I don't think Ferrothorn needs that much offensive investment, considering that Power Whip hits hard even without investment. 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef gives Ferrothorn more balanced bulk. And Lefties > Rocky Helmet, as there may be times when you don't have time to get Leech Seed up.

Mismagius is terrible, tbh. It's outclassed by other Ghost Pokemon, mainly Gengar, simply because Gengar is stronger and faster:
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Disable/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Focus Blast/Taunt
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    -Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
    -Destiny Bond