• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my gen V team

Fuelbi

You ARE the support, son!
Years
  • Alright, so I made a team built around Kerudio (the pony) on Pokemon Online because there's a server there that does gen V battling. I haven't put any gen V items on them yet because that hasn't been inputed yet. And this is also my very first team that I made with little to no help from Smogon, so please cut me some slack if it sucks.

Sableye (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Mischievous Heart
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -HP)
    - Fake Out
    - Taunt
    - Shadow Claw
    - Confuse Ray

So Sableye. This gen it gets Mischievous Heart making it a great Anti-Lead. Just come in, use Fake Out, Taunt, then use Confuse Ray if I haven't died yet and I guess that's it for Sableye

Kerudio @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justice Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Close Combat
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Alright, Kerudio. The pony I decided to build my team around on. So alright then. I can come in on a pokemon if my prediction powers work, I can put in a free Calm Mind while my opponent switches out. Surf and Close Combat for STAB and HP Electric are for other water types that I switch into in case Jaroda is dead.

Shanderaa (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Fire Blast
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute

Man this Shanderaa (the chandelier) set. It instantly makes any Choiced normal and fighting pokemon (Choice Scarf'd Kojondo for example) unviable. When it comes in on a pokemon like that, I set up sub, and Calm Mind till the cows come home. Then I can simply rape the team if I'm able to do that and the lol part about it is that Shadow Tag doesn't allow the pokemon I'm CMing to switch out. Now if I come in on a normal pokemon, it's to either attempt to take out Jaroda (which doesn't go out in a OHKO thankfully) or another Shanderaa.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Flash Cannon
    - Explosion

This Magnezone. Magnezone is my answer to Jaroda and flying types. If you have noticed, Jaroda can come in and start using it's damned Perversity to mess with my team. At least if I use Magnezone, it resists Jaroda thankfully and hopefully take it out before it takes out Magnezone. Now, as for other flying types. Flying types can wreck my ENTIRE team without Magnezone. Sableye will die in a 2HKO if it's facing another lead due to it's Focus Sash. The pony dies in a OHKO due to it's part fighting type status. Shanderaa won't die in a OHKO, but it won't end up killing the flying type (especially if it's the rock bird). Jaroda will end up dying due to it being grass and Agirudaa (the knight bug) will end up dying BECAUSE it's a bug type.

Jaroda (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Perversity
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

Jaroda (aka Smuglord). God is this thing such a ****ing headache when I face one. Smuglord can come in and wreck havoc on the opponent due to it's Perversity. Due to Perversity, every time I do Leaf Storm, instead of going down 2 stages in my SpA, I go up 2 stages UP. That with the combo of Leech Seed to have a steady flow of HP regained each turn, I can destroy an entire team with him if they aren't prepared

Agirudaa (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Bug Buzz
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Baton Pass
    - Focus Blast

Agirudaa is my other answer to Smuglord. Now due to this pokemon's high speed, I can out run a Smuglord and use Bug Buzz to KO it. Now, when I first made this team, it had a VERY HUGE WEAKNESS to Shanderaa, especially since it had Kojondo at first. To also respond to that, I gave Agirudaa BP so I can safely switch out of Shanderaa to another pokemon (hopefully the pony if it's still alive) to KO Shanderaa.

Alright guys, my team is still very bad (as I had said again, it's my first team done without the help of Smogon, so my stats may also be off). I only win like 1 once in every 4 matches when I use it. Please suggest to my team, it'd be nice to start winning with it.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • I won't rate your team as I know very little about 5th gen and I doubt anyone here would know the metagame and people at smogon are still considering what to ban and not to so its very complicated right now. I just think its ridiculous If pokemon online are adding dream world abilities and allowing them in battles, they are not even officially released and who knows if some of them ever be released like the in-game arceus event that hasn't happened.

123wert50

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I really think you need some basic pro Pokemon. (Examples : Tyranitar, Dragonite. etc.) Besides for that, your lineup looks decent.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Kerudio: Sword of Mystery is better over Close Combat because it deals physical damage while working off of Kerudio's Special Attack. It also doesn't lower your defenses after each use.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i'm puzzled as to why you thought Naive was the best nature to go with if you're expecting to come in on Jaroda Leaf Storm, and then take a +2 LS?

if you hadn't realized, Leaf Storm is a special attack. Naive is -Sp Def. do you see where i am going with this?

your Agiruda has a +Atk, -Def nature but it only has special attacks... and it has Baton Pass when it could be using STAB U-turn?

do you see what's wrong with that?

Sableye's main function is to abuse his ability, but you still insist on giving him 252 speed evs? are you serious? forget the fact that he has Trickery, a 95 BP dark attack, which btw, dark is generally a better typing than ghost because it WILL hit everyone. forget that he has the opportunity to abuse double status after taunting... but how will he even survive without sufficient EV investment?

i'm sorry but you really need to reevaluate your understanding of competitive mons. apart from the miscalculations, the team itself is very imbalanced. good luck against dragons!

Back