• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my incomplete team!

thatgirl

Pokemon Fan
    Years
    Sceptile (Oren)
    Nature: Impish
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Moves: Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Substitute, Filler

Ninetails (Nuria)
    Nature: Bashful
    Held Item: Charcoal
    Moves: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Safeguard, Filler

Whiscash (Hugh)
    Nature: Adamant
    Held Item: None
    Moves: Amnesia, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Return

Any suggestions for the above Pokemon will be great. Sceptile currently knows quick attack, but since he's already so fast I want to replace it with something more useful, same goes for ninetails who also knows quick attack. I like my whiscash the way he is, but if you have any suggestions for him, I'd like to hear them. He also needs an item to hold. But any suggestions at all concerning my team would be greatly appreciated, I'm open to all comments. Also, I need 3 more Pokemon to complete my team, any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    thatgirl said:
    Sceptile (Oren)
    Moves: Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Substitute, Filler

You sort of waisted ur earthquake and u have a terrible nature so this sceptile wont do much for you. Your best bet is Substitute, leech seed, and two filler moves... i dno what as its attack isnt amazing and its sp atk is weakened cause of impish

Ninetails (Nuria)
    Moves: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Safeguard, Filler

Rebreed the right nature imo. Timid is the nature and the attacks should be Fireblast/flamethrower, confuse ray, will-o-wisp, sunnyday/grudge

Whiscash (Hugh)

Wiscash is a pretty bad poke. Swampert does it best and quaqsire is second... I dont know what to give wiscash so u just surf and hydro pump and do 2 other things. Seriously though swampert/quaqsires with earthquakes rock...

Any suggestions for the above Pokemon will be great. Sceptile currently knows quick attack, but since he's already so fast I want to replace it with something more useful, same goes for ninetails who also knows quick attack. I like my whiscash the way he is, but if you have any suggestions for him, I'd like to hear them. He also needs an item to hold. But any suggestions at all concerning my team would be greatly appreciated, I'm open to all comments. Also, I need 3 more Pokemon to complete my team, any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

25 character limit**********

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~
    thatgirl said:
    Sceptile (Oren)
    Moves: Leaf Blade, Focus Punch, Substitute, Thunderpunch

Earthquake is wasted on Sceptile. Trying to damage Fire types are you? Don't even bother, besides, you have Ninetales's Flash Fire to take care of Fire attacks. Ideally, you'll want one of Sceptile's best moves - Leech Seed - to form an awesome combination with Substitute. However, Leech Seed is only available as a bred-on move and I'm sure you don't want to start over with a new Sceptile. :(
    For that last slot, give it Thunderpunch which takes care of Flying-types. And replace Earthquake with Focus Punch as it's effective against common special walls like Blissey and Snorlax.

Ninetails (Nuria)
    Moves: Flamethrower, Confuse Ray, Will-o-wisp, Grudge

No one seems to realize that Ninetales's best move is Grudge, which totally eliminates the PP of the last move your opponent used on you if that move faints you. So opponents can say goodbye to their precious Earthquakes and Surfs if they plan on using it against Ninetales.
    Safeguard is all right, but Will-o-wisp would be a better choice against physical attackers.
    Replace the useless Charcoal with another Leftovers. You can buy more Leftovers in the Battle Frontier.

Whiscash (Hugh)

Hate to break it to you, but as a Water type, Whiscash sucks. Of the three Water/Ground types, Swampert is the best, Quagsire is second only due to its Water Absorb trait, and poor little Whiscash just doesn't cut it.
    This is a good oppurtunity to find another better Water Pokemon. You have Milotic if you're willing to look hard for Feebas, Starmie who is a great Pokemon, Ludicolo if you don't mind another Grass type, Kingdra for a Rain Dancing sweeper, and even Walrein and Tentacruel are underrated options.

Let's see, 3 other Pokemon…

A special wall is always appreciated. Snorlax is awesome and fits on just about any team, provided you have access to FR/LG. If you don't, you can opt for Regice.

A physical sweeper would be good. You have a lot of choices here: Salamence, Heracross, Flygon, Rhydon, Dodrio, Metagross, Slaking, etc.

Your last Pokemon can be a physical wall (Skarmory, Donphan, Weezing), a second physical sweeper (choose one from above), or just another Pokemon that does not add to the weaknesses that the rest of your Pokemon have.

thatgirl

Pokemon Fan
    Years
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try breeding my ninetails to get that nature. I'll also try out the moves you suggested for both sceptile and ninetails. Also, what moves would you suggest for a gyarados and a camerupt? And, what electric type Pokemon is best?

Years
    Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Taunt
    HP[Flying]

HP flying is suggested, but any physical Hidden Power can work :\

Camerupt Im lost on, I wouldnt suggest it because of that 4x water weak.

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    Zapdos, Raikou and Jolteon outshine all the rest of the electrics. I suggest Regice with tbolt as it fills your special wall needs as well. Regice is a great poke with the standard sets
    Ice beam
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder wave/Psych up
    Rest

Try it it's very fun

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Keep in mind that in-game Hidden Powers will almost never be at max Power. You might as well save yourself the trouble and use Return instead.

Camerupt @Choice Band
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Explosion
    Overheat

That's the standard, and quite fun to use too.

Raikou and Zapdos are the best Electrics, followed by Jolteon.

thatgirl

Pokemon Fan
    Years
    Huh, thanks a lot for all of your help! I'm sure now I can put together a good team. I also do have a Raikou from Leaf Green, so I guess I'll finally use it.

Back