• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my (Mediocre) Bug Team!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Drapion@Scope Lens
    Adamant
    Sniper
    6 HP, 252 ATT, 252 SPD
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Cross Poison
    Night Slash

Venomoth
    Modest@Choice Specs
    Tinted Lens
    6 HP, 252 SP.ATT, 252 SPD
    Bug Buzz
    Sludge Bomb
    Psychic
    Energy Ball

Not the best, but I've found it extremely useful

Yanmega@Wide Lens
    Timid
    Speed Boost
    6 HP, 252 SP.ATT, 252 SPD
    Hypnosis
    Protect
    Big Buzz
    Air Slash

Krikitune@Focus Sash
    Serious(Need better Nature)
    6 HP, 252 ATT, 252 SPD
    Swords Dance
    X-Scissor
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break

I KNOW it sucks, I just like it alot.

Need to pick from these:
    Gliscor
    Flygon
    Ariados
    Shuckle
    Pinsir
    Beedrill
    Armaldo
    Parasect
    CBTress (My novelty set that has gained mostly positive reviews in both the 3rd and 4th Gen)
    Scizor

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    They are part of the Bug Egg-Group though. Why exactly are you using Kricketune, one of the worst Pokemon in the game exactly. O_O;

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Needs Armaldo to spin otherwise SR is gg.

Also Flygon and Gliscor aren't bug types silly.

:o Good suggestion for a Bug team but let's not forget the fact he IS actually a Bug hurt by Stealth Rock as well. I'd put in Forretress instead to Rapid Spin considering that it's a bug.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Your team already has 3 Pokemon weak to rock, fire, and flying.

This is going to give you some major Stealth Rock Problemitos. <_<

Forretress and Scizor are bugs.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um the bug egg group ._. Also I can't believe I forgot forretress considering that's on almost all of my teams lol

And really clade, do you honestly expect a mono bug team to NOT have those weaknesses?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Um the bug egg group ._. Also I can't believe I forgot forretress considering that's on almost all of my teams lol

And really clade, do you honestly expect a mono bug team to NOT have those weaknesses?
    - By using some Pokemon that aren't a Bug type.
    - By using dual type bugs.

Eh. -cough- Heracross? I'd usually expect that on a bug team.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    They are part of the Bug Egg-Group though. Why exactly are you using Kricketune, one of the worst Pokemon in the game exactly. O_O;

I love Krickitune XP

I've willing to get rid of it, though. It's jsut that it's one of the few EV trained Bug or Bug-related Pokemon I have >.>;

I'm willing to use Drapion, Gliscor, and Flygon because they help with the fact that everything else in the bug Egg group are bug types.

Do you think I need to change the sets of Drapion, Venomoth, or Yanmega? Would Life Orb be more viable for 'Moth?

I usually use Pinsir Over it to be different. I know it isn't as good, but it still gets the job done, not to mention is can get Moldbreaker.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    - By using some Pokemon that aren't a Bug type.
    - By using dual type bugs.

lol it wouldn't really be a bug team if the pokemon weren't all bug types. That would kind of be the idea of a mono bug team :/ Also dual types still are going to get clobbered. For example, Forretress isn't weak to rock but I wish it good luck with TTar's Stone edge.

Also if you insist on running the bug egg group, please run Flygon so you have some form of a rock resist.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    I know you're already getting all kinds of suggestions, bu it may not be a bad idea to consider Scizor on that team somewhere. I have one on mine and it's got a freakishly high Attk. and Spd. and makes a fabulous sweeper. I know most people use it for Swords Dance/ Baton Pass but it's really more useful than that. just putting it out there for ya. ^_^

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I know you're already getting all kinds of suggestions, bu it may not be a bad idea to consider Scizor on that team somewhere. I have one on mine and it's got a freakishly high Attk. and Spd. and makes a fabulous sweeper. I know most people use it for Swords Dance/ Baton Pass but it's really more useful than that. just putting it out there for ya. ^_^

It would be bad to have both it and Forretress on a team, though. I know I'll probably need Forry for Spike-Spinning.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    For Flygon I'd probably run a defensive roost set actually, but that's coming from somebody who has one sweeper on his advance and DP team combined.

Also for the above poster, you realize Scizor only has 65 base speed? I wouldn't really call that ridiculously high.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    For Flygon I'd probably run a defensive roost set actually, but that's coming from somebody who has one sweeper on his advance and DP team combined.

So:

Flygon@???
    ??? Nature
    ??? Evs
    Eartquake
    Roost
    ???
    ???

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    How about this for Forry?

Forretress@Leftovers
    Impish/Brave Nature
    Rapid Spin
    Spikes/Stealth Rock
    Earthquake/Gyro Ball(w/Brave)/Toxic Spikes
    Boom

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2017
    You can't have a mono bug team without Shuckle and Heracross. =(
    Seriously though, in a bug team, your two main walls are Shuckle and Forretress. Bug can actually be a good mono team if you use it right. O:

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010

I use mine to sub pass agility to heracross for the sweep :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    Even though it is a bug team I thgink you should balance it out with pokemon that can support your bug team. Like you'd be spam by lots of fire so maybe arcanine's flash fire could help? Well, its just a suggestion, anyways maybe this Bug thing can carry out well, it has lots of potential.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    That's why I'm using Flygon. It resists Fire and Rock both, not to mention it resists the dreaded stealth rocks.

Okay, so my team is:
    Drapion
    Venomoth
    Yanmega
    Flygon (Need Set)
    Forretress (Need Set)
    ??? (Need Suggestions)

Back