• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Mixed Team: OU, UU, NU.

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
  • Hey there, I've been working on a team for a while now, and I think i've got a pretty solid useable set-up. Anyone care to rate it? It's one quite a few battles against my experienced friends and onliners.

"Flytt" The Ninjask
    EV's: Full Attack, Full Speed, 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Speed Boost - It's Speed stat is gradually boosted.
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset: Substitute, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Baton Pass
    Strategy: I send Flytt in first so that he doesn't get screwed over by Stealth Rock & Toxic Spikes, and keep up with my Substitute + Swords Dance combo, whilst slowly gaining +1 Speed after every turn, then once I can't substitute anymore, I baton pass out to my bulky-ish Muk, previously I baton-passed out to Rollout Donphan, but he was wiped too easily. The only thing thats ever taken down Flytt was a OHKO Ice Shard from a friends Weavile.

"Drinky" The Muk
    EV's: Full HP, Full Special Defense, 4 Defense.
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sticky Hold - Item cannot be dropped or swapped.
    Item: Black Sludge
    Moveset: Acid Armor, Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Secret Power
    Strategy: Drinky takes the Baton Pass from Flytt, and then with the Speed + Attack stat raised, goes for a sweep, or if he's faced against a wall, uses a few Acid Armor to further increase his defenses. Drinky can become a mean machine with upped stats, with the only one that is low being Special Attack.

"Whee" The Togekiss
    EV's: Full Special Attack, Full Special Defense, 4 HP
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Serene Grace - Boosts the likelihood of added effects appearing.
    Moveset: Substitute, Thunder Wave, Aura Sphere, Air Slash
    Strategy: Basic Smogon strategy, upon switch-in, use Thunder Wave, then lots of Air Slashing to inflict his 60% chance of flinch with Serene Grace, and with the upped 20% chance of ParaHax, the opponent only has a low 20 - 30% chance of actually getting a hit in. Against normal-type walls like Blissey and Snorlax, I go for the Substitute, then with Leftovers healing me over time, go for Aura Sphere for the 2x supereffective bonus. Trickier against Mantine walls.

"Gliss" The Glaceon
    EV's: Full Speed, Full Special Attack, 4 Defense
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Snow Cloak - Raises evasion in a hailstorm.
    Item: Icy Rock
    Moveset: Hail, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball
    Strategy: Gliss is my pseudo/dragon killer. First shot in a go for Hail, and if she survives that, I then have 20% added evasion from the hailstorm, and a 100% chance of Blizzard hitting instead of its usual lame 70%. If she survives the first turn of Hail, she can usually then wipe the Psuedo / Dragon straight out in OHKO, or against Sp Def Pseudo's, 2HKO. Only other time I will bring Gliss out when she's not my last Pokemon, is to quickly wipe out Psychic types with Shadow Ball.

"Jirree" The Jirachi
    EV's: Full HP, Full Speed, 4 Special Defense
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Moveset: Substitute, Calm Mind, Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt
    Strategy: Jirree is my biggest pain in the ass to take down. I open with the Substitute, and get a few quick Calm Mind in. Flash Cannon is my stab move, with 20% chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defense thanks to Serene Grace. Against walls I would use Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon first, to lower Special Defense, and hopefully get a ParaHax in. With three Calm Mind's up, Jirree has sweeped entire OU teams.

"Spookly" The Ninetales
    EV's: Full Speed, Full Special Attack
    Ability: Flash Fire - It powers up Fire-type moves if it's hit by one.
    Item: Charcoal
    Moveset: Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Dig, Dark Pulse
    Strategy: Recently replaced Confuse Ray with Dig, not been used online since the change, should be interesting. Spookly has in the past been used as my Wall Killer, opening with Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp to give the opponent some heartless damage, with the switch to Dig, I'm gonna open with Will-O-Wisp and go straight for a 2HKO with Overheat and Dark Pulse. Dig is for use against Toxic-Protect stallers, when I see a Toxic hit Spookly, next move is Dig, because the next move usually used is Protect, leaving them unshielded if this Pokemon is their last.

I've got a lot of others for use in my team in the computer box, including Hippowdon, Cacturne, Celebi, Seviper, Tyranitar, Lapras, Donphan and my lovely Altaria.
    Thanks for reading, rate my team please. :)

Last edited:

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • Nincada - Leftovers is plain useless for something that dies to everything, go for focus sash if you insist on using it (even then, if you see a tyranitar, it's a set up fodder).

Muk - Using Secret Power and Acid Armor already hurts your coverage enough (walled by rock and steels), other than that, since I'm not a fond Muk-user, I can't really say much more than that.

Togekiss - Get rid of Substitute, Roost is far superior option.

Glaceon - Hail's probably going to hinder your team more than helping, having two ice type attack doesn't really do much, drop ice beam if you're using Hail + Blizzard, but I'd rather have Hidden Power Fighting + Filler move for coverage, keep Ice Beam. Even then, Glaceon's lackluster speed and depressing typing will probably kill you quickly.

Jirachi - Use 252 HP / 80 Sp.Atk / 176 Speed

Ninetales - Charcoal is useless, choose another offensive item. Dig's useless as Ninetales have a poor Attack, replace with Energy Ball so Swampert wouldn't go sending you to oblivion.

As much as mixed teams sound cool, this team is going to get wiped by easily by some of the OU powerhouses, especially Tyranitar. Not using Stealth Rock + having 4 Pokemons that are SR weak is almost a sin. I'd say replace the NU / UU Pokes with things that can fare decently in the metagame.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • There is no such thing as a "Mixed Tier" team. You go by the highest tier found in your team. So your team is OU.

And I can't really rate much, but I can tell right now your team is going to struggle with numerous threats in OU like Heatran.

Back