• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RATE MY NEW EMERALD TEAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    That is true. Still, all standard rules fly out the window ingame.

However, that doesn't mean he can't have a funtional team.

I did the rate b4 I saw the battle fronteir part... but yes.

Hax items still fail, EVEN in ingame. Replace them with better items like lum berry and leftovers.

EDIT:4th gen, Name! 4th gen!

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ive got milotic before though and it wasnt to good but i guess its worth a try!

Milotic is possible the best mixed wall in the game.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / rest in SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

I'm a bit rusty with this guy, but it's a great poke.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    If the Battle Frontier is entirely three on three, then Milotic might not be worth it. Walls aren't meant for three on three.

EDIT: Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Physical walling ~3rd Generation~

Aggron<SteelixSkarmory>Forretress>Steelix>Metagross

Reference for Steel-type walling

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    If the Battle Frontier is entirely three on three, then Milotic might not be worth it. Walls aren't meant for three on three.

You do need one wall in the battle frontier, mixed being the best. you'd be amazed at what you find in the battle frontier that can outsweep you.

EDIT: He can decide if he uses it, but I can tell you from experience, you're gonna need to EV train a couple of pokemon for the battle frontier. they don't need pinpoint IVs and EVs or anything, but you have to know what you're doing, or you'll get haxed to death.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    NO MEAN RATINGS OR I WILL RESULT TO PROFANITY UNDERSTOOD?THIS IS MY FUTURE EMERALD TEAM FYI!

SCEPTILE
    EV TRAINED IN: SPEED AND SP. ATT.
    MOVES: LEAF BLADE,Leech Seed,TOXIC,PROTECT
    TRAIT:OVERGROW
    ITEM:LEFTOVERS

A staller sceptile. But Leech Seed is a MUST on him.

NINJASK
    EV TRAINED IN: SPEED AND HP
    MOVES: SHADOW BALL,Silver Wind,Swords Dance,DOUBLE TEAM/Aerial Ace
    TRAIT:SPEED BOOST
    ITEM:FOCUS BAND

I don't suggest him as a pure attacker, but I guess you can screw stuff with double team. But put Swords Dance in there anyway. Jask is a Baton Passer by trade and is best used as such.

AGGRON
    EV TRAINED IN: DEF. AND SP.DEF.
    MOVES: IRON TAIL,DOUBLE EDGE/Earthquake,IRON DEFENSE/Counter,Rock Slide
    TRAIT:ROCK HEAD
    ITEM:QUICK CLAW

I'd use him as kind of a sweeper, but he's best used with Counter on, since he can take an earthquake or a brick break (hopefully) and turn it back for heavenly damage.

CAMERUPT
    EV TRAINED IN: ATT. AND SP.ATT.
    MOVES: Overheat/Fire Blast,EARTHQUAKE,ROCK SLIDE,Explosion/Fissure?
    TRAIT:MAGMA ARMOR
    ITEM:KINGS ROCK

A camel that goes boom. One of my favorite pokes, gets STAB on earthquake and overheat. Cool. Did I mention it goes BOOM?

CRAWDAUNT
    EV TRAINED IN: ATT. AND DEF.
    MOVES: Swords Dance,Surf,Brick Break,Body Slam
    TRAIT:SHELL ARMOR
    ITEM:SHOAL SHELL

This guy strongly reminds me of the shark. Ergo, it's kinda damn lame. But he gets SD, and I respect that. Surf is there for the STAB. He could use a bit more speed though. Eh, he's okay, for a crab...

ALTARIA
    EV TRAINED IN: SPEED,ATT.,AND DEF.
    MOVES: DRAGON CLAW,Earthquake,Aerial Ace,DRAGON DANCE
    TRAIT:NATURAL CURE
    ITEM:LAX INCENSE

If you want to go that way. I'd go with Rest abuse instead of DD. It's more fun and rather practical.

ALL POKEMON ARE LV.50 RATE 1-5 1 BEING THE BEST AND 5 BEING THE WORST AND FINALLY THIS IS A BATTLE FRONTIER TEAM!

Overall, you desperately need a Tank (a real one, not Aggron) and a Sponge. A GOOD special sweeper would be nice too, since you use a staller Sceptile. But it will get you through the game nicely anyway. I suggest switching Crawdaunt or something for a Gardevoir with Calm Mind, and you get a sponge and a special sweeper at the price of one. Nice deal ;)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Maxie? Is that the magma guy? It must have been horribly undertrained. If you don't wanna use it, fine by me, but that isn't a very good reason.

If you want the best BF sweeper, look no farther than CBmence...but if you won't use that either...

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Skarmory, Steelix, Metagross, there's quite a few

Metagross won't stay long due to Earthquake, same as for Steelix, but he can take a hit Earthquakes before he faints

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    whats a good tank?and almost all GOOD teams in my opinion consist of one fire,grass,water,flying and electric pokemon even thuogh i left out the lightning pokemon.

You should really go on the Rock-Psychic-Water-Fire-Fighting-Electric approach or something similar.

Camerupt is a good 3rd gen tank

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Look, the pure reason that you are losing isn't because the pokemon sucks...its you. I'm not saying you suck, but stop blaming the pokemon. Milotic should NEVER lose to Camerupt. Ever. This is ingame, so a loss is no big deal-everyone loses at some point. But don't go saying "I hate Salamence-it lost to Spinda!" Because that is your fault that it manage to lose to Spinda. How did you manage that anyway?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back