• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RATE MY NEW EMERALD TEAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Seriously dude, first get rid of the ideea that you need a pokemon of each damn type. I had that ideea the first time I played pokemon, but trust me, it's only good for the TV show. It doesn't make a good team. Not at all. And yeah, Shuckle SUCKS. Badly. Until you get those ideeas through your head, there's not much we can do for you. And grasp the concept of a tank. It's to tank Physical attackers for christ sake. You never bring it out against anything else. This just gave me the ideea that even if you get together an ideal team, made to wipe the game and the Battle Frontier, you wouldn't be able to use it properly and your Salamence would still loose to a Spinda...sheesh...can't imagine that one...

cooltrainerjeremy

Combusken Fan!
    Years
    SIMS796 I ONLY CALLED YOU ALL FOOLS BCUZ YOU CALLED ME A NOOB A NOOB WOULDNT BE ABLE TO BEAT ANY OF THE BATTLE BRAINS WHERE AS IVE BEATEN LUCY AND FYI SHE HAS A MILOTIC!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Look, the pure reason that you are losing isn't because the pokemon sucks...its you. I'm not saying you suck, but stop blaming the pokemon. Milotic should NEVER lose to Camerupt. Ever. This is ingame, so a loss is no big deal-everyone loses at some point. But don't go saying "I hate Salamence-it lost to Spinda!" Because that is your fault that it manage to lose to Spinda. How did you manage that anyway?

THIS was my example, telling him to stop blaming the pokes for their loses. This apparently started a semi disscussion that spurred into you "correcting me". I never suggested ANYTHING.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    SIMS796 I ONLY CALLED YOU ALL FOOLS BCUZ YOU CALLED ME A NOOB A NOOB WOULDNT BE ABLE TO BEAT ANY OF THE BATTLE BRAINS WHERE AS IVE BEATEN LUCY AND FYI SHE HAS A MILOTIC!

Oh no! You beat an ingame trainer who never gets better!

Beating ingame trainers doesn't prove a thing. I call you noob because you insult and argue with us as if we are stupid, when YOU need help.

EDIT:Oooo, nice one, Purfugly! No sarcasm intended.

cooltrainerjeremy

Combusken Fan!
    Years
    YAH WELL IF YOU HAD A TEM WITH 1 SPONGE 1 TANK 1 WALL 1 SP. SWEEPER AND 1 PHYSICAL SWEEPER AND THEY WERE ALL WATER TYPES YOU WOULD LOSE TO A NOOB TRAINER WITH A SCEPTILE

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Lol at jerermy :/

I had the same idea as you when I played 3rd gen, HOWEVER, my team was somewhat better.

A good water poke for there would be Kingdra. He sets up Rain dance for you and the Manetric could Thunderdance to it's hearts content. Sorry if my suggestion was stupid. I ail at 3rd gen.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Whoa now, Why the hell is this thread even have 3 pages?

Milotic>Camerupt

Lucy<Any Human

There

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    YAH WELL IF YOU HAD A TEM WITH 1 SPONGE 1 TANK 1 WALL 1 SP. SWEEPER AND 1 PHYSICAL SWEEPER AND THEY WERE ALL WATER TYPES YOU WOULD LOSE TO A NOOB TRAINER WITH A SCEPTILE

You totally missed my point. I stated in my first post that you must watch out for common weaknesses. That doesn't mean you have to get a pokemon of every damn type out there. If you have a tank you don't need a wall, they're basically the same think, only a tank can do a bit of damage. And I hate breaking it to you, but beating some ****ty trainer ingame doesn't make you an expert. The fact that you brag about that makes you a NOOB. Also get it through your head that a super effective hit doesn't mean the other guy is dead. A water sponge could take hits from Sceptile and Ice Beam him to death. Easy enough. You're really confused, so to speak, and you won't LISTEN!!

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Wow, I sure missed a lot in doing my homework!

I hope the little time off I had has allowed me to clean up my demeanor enough not to go nuts here...

You, not to be mean, aren't a skilled player. Sure pichu can beat skarm, but no one with a brain would leave skarmory to get killed. you see thunderbolt coming, so you switch to steelix which isn't affected by it...simple logic.

I've been accused of flaming by several members and at this point I can't disagree. Still, sims never loses his composure. He seems to be really mad, which he never is. this shows how frustrating it is to respond to somebody who doesn't listen. Really, we're only trying to help.

I might be the last 3rd gen player left here [/exageration], so I can tell you this: the battle frontier isn't as easy as ingame. It really isn't. they're kind of the same thing, but really, the BF does actually require a bit of skill to beat. Just because it's ingame doesn't mean that EV training is a total waste. Even giving a mere 100 EVs to an ingame pokemon can make a difference in the frontier.

BTW, camerupt is poor at best :/ EQ = dead camerupt...

Now, I'll just give you my old team I used. It worked very nicely. It's a genral team though, you'll have to alter it a bit for certain facilities.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Band ** Monstermence
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide

the mence I use on Netbattle...the same one I used at the BF. It pwns.

Raikou @ Leftovers ** Wrathkou
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Crunch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunderbolt

My other Netbattle sweeper. Since you can't get it, use a similar CMing pokemon. I recommend alakazam. the same build is nice to use though. the battle frontier pokemon don't like CM much.

The 3rd pokemon is the milotic I posted earlier.

Okay. that's about all the help I can give you. Take it or leave it, but if you won't listen to us, just PLEASE ask the mods to close this since it would then be a pointless thread.

EDIT: After reading the posts before this that were posted as I was typing this, I'm tempted to delete this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back