• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Pokemon HG Team

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    i just beat Blue in HG plz rate my team

Charizard lv 58(Transferred from Fire Red when it was level 28, and its mostly daycare trained so i am EV training it right now)
    -metal claw
    -slash
    -flamethrower
    -fire spin

Swampert lv57(transferred from emerald at lv 20, its mostly daycare trained so i am ev raining it right now)
    -Hydro Cannon
    -surf
    -protect
    -earthquake

Amphoros lv56
    -signal beam
    -thunder punch
    -discharge
    -rock climb

Mamoswine lv 55
    -ice fang
    -ice shard
    -stealth rock
    -earthquake

Dragonite lv 55
    -thunder punch
    -dragon rush
    -fire punch
    -fly

Feel free to tell me what moves i should add/take out and what pokemon i should add/take out (i will stick the new one in the daycare, go to eurcreak gym and put a heavy thing on my d-pad and have my guy run off the edge until the pokemon is lv 50 :))

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • You have a lot of pokemon with the same type of move on each moveset (Ampharos has three electric attacks right now.) This is totally unnecessary, and you lose valuable type coverage. It's best to make your movesets as diverse as possible so you can do damage to as many different types of pokemon as possible. For instance, you could try Focus Blast and Signal Beam on Amphy, which greatly increases your type coverage. Same thing with Dragonite, he has a huge physical movepool and you're just wasting it on dragon moves =(

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    okay thx, what kinda moves are good for dragonite, and what other moves besides focus blast are good for my amphy

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • WHY IS NO ONE HELPING ME??????????????????????????????????

Even if your thread isn't getting replies, it's against the rules to double post =(

Dragonite has a huge physical movepool...Earthquake, Aquatail, Fire Punch, Extreme Speed...All are decent options.

Ampharos has a rather scarce special movepool, but Thunderbolt of course and Signal Beam are good options. Maybe a support move like Thunderwave or Light Screen/Reflect would work too?

Back