• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Ruby Team

Kratos

ghostofsparta
Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Please give me some advice for my Ruby Team.

Ruby Team:
    Registeel Lv.40 Moves: Metal Claw, Curse, Superpower, Ancientpower
    Wailord Lv.41 Moves: Strength, Surf, Waterfall, Dive
    Gardevoir Lv.51 Moves: Secret Power ( For Bases), Confusion, Psychic, Hypnosis
    Groudon Lv.59 Moves: Slash, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Fire Blast
    Hell'sBane/Blazekin Lv.69 Moves: Bulk Up, Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Sky Uppercut
    Rayquaza Lv.72 Moves: Fly, Rest, Extremespeed, Outrage

I hope this gets a good review.

Mattokun

Haruka ga daisuki desu
    Years
  • get your gardevoir up to learn dream eater (60 or 61, can't remember) and teach something besides rest to rayquaza and that seems pretty good. Also, consider teaching ice beam to your wailord.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
  • Kratos said:
    Ruby Team:
    Registeel Lv.40 Moves: Metal Claw, Curse, Superpower, Ancientpower
    Registeel has a very low attack, so it's a big mistake to give it attacking moves. I recommend the following moveset: Explosion, Amnesia, Iron Defense, Seismic Toss.
    Wailord Lv.41 Moves: Strength, Surf, Waterfall, Dive
    Giving a pokemon 3 moves of the same type is kinda wrong. Surf should stay, but give it Ice Beam, Rest, Hidden Power.
    Gardevoir Lv.51 Moves: Secret Power ( For Bases), Confusion, Psychic, Hypnosis
    Confusion and Psychic at the same time?? I recommend the following moveset instead: Psychic, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond/Hypnosis. If you want Dream Eater, then replace Psychic with it.
    Groudon Lv.59 Moves: Slash, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Fire Blast
    The moveset you chose for Groudon is a bit better. Give him instead of Slash: Rock Slide/Hidden Power(rock)/Ancientpower and if you want to, you can replace Fire Blast with Overheat.
    Hell'sBane/Blazekin Lv.69 Moves: Bulk Up, Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Sky Uppercut
    ... That's not the best moveset. Double Kick does a low damage and Sky Uppercut has a low accuracy. I suggest this moveset instead: Flamethrower/Blaze Kick/Overheat, Bulk Up, Earthquake and ... maybe Sky Uppercut if you want it to stay.
    Rayquaza Lv.72 Moves: Fly, Rest, Extremespeed, Outrage
    You just left his moveset the way it was when you caught him. Well, if you want Physical Sweeper, then give it: Aerial Ace, Extremespeed, Earthquake, Brick Break. I suggest the Sp.sweeper, though: Surf, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw.

I hope this gets a good review.

Don't give your pokemon 2 or 3 attacks of the same type, because that's a bad decision :dead: . Don't give HMs to pokemon in your party, cause they can learn much better moves. The only HM that's useful is Surf, but that doesn't mean you'll have to use it on every pokemon in your team that can learn it. You should check your pokemon's stats and nature before giving it a moveset. Another suggestion: don't use legendaries in your team (also known as ubers) cause people won't battle you (though I think this team is for in-game). Your team needs a lot of improvement. Well, good luck.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    You mean my Wailord right? Because I taught him all of those moves to be an HM slave.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Okies. Thanks for helping me fix my team. I will get to work on it right away.

Kratos

Back