• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RATE MY SCEPTILE!!!!!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Leaf Blade - Level Up
    Thunderpunch - Emerald Tutor
    Dragon Claw - TM
    Hidden Power - TM
    Substitute - TM
    Leech Seed - Egg

Yep... those are really impossible to get -_-;

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    This is rediculous. There's no point in helping, but in an attempt to be more positive than before, I'll try.

Supereffective means nothing. It helps, but it is just icing on the cake. EQ for blaziken? It still isn't a blaziken counter, since sceptiler is OHKOed on the switch with any fire attack, probably even ember.

If you aren't using sceptile for subseeding, I just wouldn't use it. If you'd listen, you'd know that our moves aren't weak, but better than (lol) Aerial Ace. Aerial ace is pretty useless unless you gain STAB since its base power is horrid. Really, gengar and Zam are far better special sweepers and focus sash weavile with SD far outclasses physical sceptile.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    This is rediculous. There's no point in helping, but in an attempt to be more positive than before, I'll try.

Supereffective means nothing. It helps, but it is just icing on the cake. EQ for blaziken? It still isn't a blaziken counter, since sceptiler is OHKOed on the switch with any fire attack, probably even ember.

If you aren't using sceptile for subseeding, I just wouldn't use it. If you'd listen, you'd know that our moves aren't weak, but better than (lol) Aerial Ace. Aerial ace is pretty useless unless you gain STAB since its base power is horrid. Really, gengar and Zam are far better special sweepers and focus sash weavile with SD far outclasses physical sceptile.

ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!
    You posted!?

Well yeah, listen to APCW13 ... wow... even ur username abbreviated is really long xD...

SubSeeding is probably the ONLY way to use Sceptile - if you're gonna use (rofl) Earthquake and (roflmao) Aerial (lol) Ace, then mods might as well lock this thread since you aren't taking in any suggestions and staying with that messed up Sceptile of yours.

EDIT: And if you can't get Thunderpunch cuz you don't have any BPs... Heres a thought: GET MORE.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Quite true...you ACTUALLY convinced me to post a few times. Kudos Penguin, it's tough to change my narrow-minded views.

Speaking of narrow-minded views...

Physical attacks just aren't good on sceptile. Sure, you can use the physical set, but...let's see what pulls SD off far better:

-rhyperior
    -weavile
    -garchomp
    -zangoose
    -armaldo
    -Heracross

Just to name a few of the many.

As for the special sweeper set, sceptile doesn't have the power to pull it off, and starmie, Zam, and gengar special sweep FAR better.

Looks like its best as a subseeder. What a shocker. It has great speed to pull it off too. It really makes a nice subseeder...remember now, standards are standards for a reason, especially on pokemon like sceptile.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Sceptile has the everloving Attack and movepool to pull off a physical Sweeper role.

We've already clarified that:\

If you don't want to use it as a subseeder...there's a special attacker version, but it isn't as good.

SubSeeder has no type coverage. It's only good in the 4th gen, when noobs think that Offense > Defense for some reason. In this case, Offense whens.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    SubSeeder has no type coverage. It's only good in the 4th gen, when noobs think that Offense > Defense for some reason. In this case, Offense whens.
    Have you ever actually battled a good player with a Subseeder Sceptile in 3rd gen? It doesn't seem like that because if you would have, you'd know it can be devastating. Subseeders don't necessarily need good offensive type coverage when they can slowly whittle down their opponent's health while the foe can't do anything. Besides, Leaf Blade hits quite a lot of stuff reasonably hard and depending on what your team needs to counter, Hidden Power Ice or Fire or Thunderpunch will cover other things that might be a threat to Sceptile.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Have you ever actually battled a good player with a Subseeder Sceptile in 3rd gen? It doesn't seem like that because if you would have, you'd know it can be devastating. Subseeders don't necessarily need good offensive type coverage when they can slowly whittle down their opponent's health while the foe can't do anything. Besides, Leaf Blade hits quite a lot of stuff reasonably hard and depending on what your team needs to counter, Hidden Power Ice or Fire or Thunderpunch will cover other things that might be a threat to Sceptile.

I wasn't saying that; I'm talking more about the 3rd Gen crowd. They know how to counter SubSeed, as it was relatively common then. Why it pretty much disappeared this Gen, I'm not sure.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    oh my god.....................that sceptile...is so terrible...that it....BURNED MY EYES OUT

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    oh my god.....................that sceptile...is so terrible...that it....BURNED MY EYES OUT

Yes. Thank you for blatantly posting something that has been posted over three times.

I don't get you people anymore. D:

Final Conclusion: Special Sweeper or SubSeeder; preferably Sweeper for the Gen.

Have a nice day.

Back