• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team (A team like no other)

How is my team?

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • good

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ok

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • poor

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • terrible

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

master morty

Master Spriter
Years
  • This is my first rmt thread, but I have been assembling my team for quite a while now.
    This team is designed for double battles and has many extremes in offense and lack of defense.
    so without further ado:

https://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/dusknoir/flavor
    Dusknoir @lum berry
    evs 252 def 252 sp. def 6 atk
    nature impish
    moves:
    trick room
    gravity
    shadow punch
    protect
    notes he is my main trick room setup. gravity also makes power whip 100% accurate

Shuckle @focus sash
    evs 252 def 252 sp. def 6 h.p.
    nature impish
    moves:
    power trick
    earthquake
    rockslide
    protect
    notes instead of support shuckle is my main sweeper

Porygon2 @leftovers
    evs 127 def 127 sp. def 127 hp 127
    nature modest
    moves:
    trick room
    thunderbolt
    tri attack
    recover
    notes Porygon2 is my backup trick roomer if dusknoir faints. also porygon2 is more defensive than porygon z that is why I chose 2 over z

Carnivine @sitrus berry
    evs 252 atk 252 def 6 spd
    nature adamant
    moves:
    power whip
    crunch
    leech seed
    substitute
    notes he is my sub-seeder. his power whip 1-hit kos a lot of things

womadam @leftovers
    evs 252 sp. def 252 atk 6 def
    nature adamant
    moves:
    attract
    sucker punch
    gunk shot
    iron head
    notes the queen of stall wars prize on this team goes to, Wormadam! she hits foes with attract then poisins them with gunk shot and stalls to death.

Rhyperior @Focus sash
    evs 252 atk 252 def 6 hp
    nature adamant
    moves:
    avalanche
    earthquake
    rock blast
    iron head
    notes he is the last resort pokemon. when all else fails rhyperior jumps in and tears the foe apart. He has a variety of attacks that give decent type coverage against pokemon of many types.

Main Strategy
    The main strategy of this team is to lead with dusknoir and shuckle
    and have dusknoir use trick room and shuckle use power trick. (A quick note on attacks, power trick swaps the users attack and defense and since shuckle has mammoth defenses he will have the attack power of an attack form deoxys and the defense of a blissey). Shuckle is extremely vulnerable now having low speed and defense but hes in a trick room so he moves first devastating the opponent's team. after/if shuckle goes down I usually switch in porygon2 then, when/if dusknoir faints I send out rhyperior and finish off the opponent.
    Closing Words
    please if you read this rate my team and tell me how you think I could improve.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    your team are finished off by Bullet Punch Scizor , even Shuckle cant take down Scizor , Carnivine suck in OU , Cacturne is better .

all what I should say that this team is completely destroyed by CB Bullet Punch Scizor and Mixape :/

Years
  • Even though shuckle does get a mammoth attack stat, his defense becomes extremely low as well as his HP is nowhere near the amount of Blissey so practically any super effective first strike attack (aqua jet or bullet punch) will KO it, as well as Counter Sashes

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday

Dusknoir @lum berry
    evs 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    nature impish
    moves:
    trick room
    Will-o-Wisp
    Shadow Sneak
    ThunderPunch / Ice Punch

Don't even try to make a team that is setting up TWO hazards (Trick Room and Gravity), it will give you only a few turns left after setting them up. =\ Use Relaxed>>Impish so you are faster once Trick Room is up.

Shuckle @focus sash
    evs 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    nature impish
    moves:
    power trick
    earthquake
    rockslide
    protect

This is fine, found it was pretty cool in doubles with Trick Room. Use Double-Edge or some other attacking move>>Protect. And, use Relaxed>>Impish to support Trick Room. ALWAYS max HP before maxing the defensive stats, so move the SpD EVs to HP.

Porygon2 @leftovers
    evs 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpA
    nature modest
    moves:
    trick room
    Discharge
    Ice Beam
    recover

Use Ice Beam>>Tri Attack for coverage. Also do Quiet>>Modest to support Trick Room. 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpA is better. You might want Discharge>>Thunderbolt to hit both enemies.

Carnivine @sitrus berry
    evs 252 atk 252 def 6 spd
    nature adamant
    moves:
    power whip
    crunch
    leech seed
    substitute

SubSeeding doesn't work that awesome in Trick Room, don't forget you can only SubSeed for 4 turns (counting the switch from Dusknoir). =\

womadam @leftovers
    evs 252 sp. def 252 atk 6 def
    nature adamant
    moves:
    attract
    sucker punch
    gunk shot
    iron head

Don't use this. Attract is too gimmicky, Gunk Shot has awful accuracy, barely any type coverage, and to knock it, she doesn't get STAB from it.

Rhyperior @Focus sash
    evs 252 atk 252 def 6 hp
    nature Brave
    moves:
    Aqua Tail
    earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Megahorn / Fire Punch

You do know Avalanche has you attack last? Use Stone Edge>>Rock Blast for better STAB. Aqua Tail>>Avalanche. Megahorn/Fire Punch>>Iron Head, Iron Head has awful coverage. Don't use Focus Sash on something non-leading, SR breaks it giving it no use. Use Brave>>Adamant to support Trick Room.
    You need something like a revenge killer that doesn't focus on Trick Room. What if all your Trick Room users are gone? It would be best have a backup sweeper, etc.

Years
  • Oh yeah i remember, I've seen a team almost exactly like this one, same idea and all, yeah it lost real easy to another battle pass of mine, so best idea not to use it in competitive play

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • D_A must have missed the double battle thing...but yeah, we typically just don't allow double battle RMTs since they aren't popular at all and no one here is very experienced with them anyway.

That being said, this team has a ton of problems. Attract Wormadam is a total joke (and so is Wormadam in general, let's be honest here). You have Sitrus Berry on Carnivine and all of the movesets could generally use a lot of work (like Power Trick Shuckle...that's been proven ineffective a million times) or are outclassed by other Pokemon. All of this combined with your weaknesses (like Scizor, as somebody already mentioned), and I think this should just be locked. It is really lacking, and as I mentioned earlier, we don't really allow double battle RMTs as it is so...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back