• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rate my team for pearl + any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    my current team that i am working is

Alakazam-
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Recover
    Calm mind

Dragonite-
    Draco meteor
    Superpower
    Fire Blast (i would prefer flamethrower but idk where to get)
    Thunderolt

Skarmory-
    Whirlwhind
    Roost
    Spikes
    Air slash

Froslass-
    Confuse ray
    Protect
    Toxic
    Hail

Umbreon- (this moveset is not complete)
    Faint attack
    Mean Look
    Baton pass
    Payback

Jynx-
    Ice punch
    Avalanche
    Mean look
    perish song

Also any suggestions to replace jynx with im wanting a pokemon with perish song plus with my dragonite a lesser more accurate dragon move suggestion?

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Is this for in-game or for competitive battle?

Alakazam might be better off with Focus blast to counter Dark types, beuse Dark will resist Shadow ball, but even though Ghosts are immune to focus blast, you get even effectiveness with psychic and super effective if it's gengar. Also focus blast also covers steel types and offers double super effective on Tyranitar and Weavile.

Dragonite can learn Dragon Claw or Outrage. You might want to consider Earthquake on Dragonite to go with it's high attack stat and to get rids of steels. Dragon Dance and Roost round off the Dragonite set nicely. Superpower doesn't really offer a whole lot that STAB dragon moves, especially in terms of type coverage. However if it is special attack you want on your dragonite there is a TM for dragon pulse.

Skarmory is better in Physical attack than it is in special so replace Air slash with drill peck of brave bird. Skarmory could also benefit from Curse pass from Umbreon. (See below)

Even with snow cloak, Froslass isn't cut out to use stall tactics. You'd be better running the same stall set on a more bulky pokemon like Walrein, who gets the added benefit of Ice Body to heal yourself but replace confuse ray with either an attacking move like blizzard or surf, or an annoying move like encore (which can foil and enemy attack when used with good prediction!)

Umbreon might feel happier with something else to pass such as wish, substitute or curse. Umbreon really doesn't need two dark type attacks, so payback is the superior choice. Sucker punch might also prove useful instead.

Lapras is much sturdier than Jynx as a perish song user. Just make sure you baton pass it into mean look! (Or breed it to get whirlpool) Confuse ray and Protect fill the other two slots, but if you need an attack, go for ice beam, surf, hydro pump or blizzard.

Hope that helps! :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Seems as thought you've found the right forum for team rates \o/

Everyone else, use the report button >:

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back