• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team of pokemans

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Most of them have a weakness of fire and to be defensive

Please try to be more thorough/specific when posting a rate for someone's team. It's hard to understand exactly what you're trying to say. ;(

Anyway, Staryu_Beast. The Whimsicott set that Snorelacks posted is a very effective set. Probably one of the best sets out there for Whimsicott. However, it's not really friendly to newer battlers. It requires a deeper sense of prediction that might be a bit complicated for you. I encourage you to try it as it is a wonderful recommendation, but you might benefit a little more from abandoning Whimsicott all together. PlatinumDude's Tangrowth set is a fine choice. Other Pokemon like Venusaur has found it's way into OU, credited to the fact that it does so well under Sun. So, at the risk of not reading all the posts before me, I'll post a set for Venusaur because I don't believe it's been suggested yet.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Chlorophyll
    4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    Modest [+Special Attack; -Attack]
    - Growth
    - Energy Ball / Solar Beam
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Sludge Bomb

Growth is the most important move of the set, boosting Venusaur's already good Special Attack to devastating levels. The Life Orb and a Modest nature succeed that even more. Giga Drain is illegal with Chlorophyll, so Energy Ball is your best STAB option. Alternatively, with the Sun, Solar Beam is equally as viable and ten times as deadly. With a Growth boost and Sun, HP [Fire] will OHKO most every Steel type you encounter (save Heatran). Sludge Bomb is your second STAB option, but Sleep Powder can also be used to neutralize most of Venusaur's common threats. If Heatran is that much of a problem (which it is because it pretty much walls this set up and down) than HP [Fighting] can be used against it. But it's pretty much exclusive. Synthesis is also a viable option, but in this case Venusaur would prefer as much offense as it can get.

So, that's all I got for now. I might be back later. Good luck with your team! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    I think you should put arcanine on your team.

Arcanine (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Morning Sun
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat

really good choice in the sun. Morning sun heals him up, Flare Blitz beats them down and Extreme Speed to revenge kill.

Flash Fire might be the better option considering your team. Roserade and Whimsicott are just asking to catch a fire attack, and jumping Flash Fire Arcanine in to catch it would be amazing.

jelly606

hoenn champion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2011
    i reckon its a pretty good team. exeption being hydreigons moves.
    there is literally no reason to have hyper voice AND dragon pulse. I reccommend you get rid of hyper voice. also, concerning type coverage, flash cannon is only supereffective against rock and ice. i suggest teaching it a dark type move for some nice STAB, and teach it a water type move like surf or scald

Back