• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team Please!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Well, firstly some of you may know me. I was offline for quite a while, but after getting my new computer, I can finally come back online. Anyway, this is my second attempt at a moveset forum because my first got rejected for some reason. Anyway onto the team.

Team Overview:

Aerodactyl / Gyarados / Jolteon / Infernape / Celebi / Jirachi

In Depth Look:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Pressure
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake

Just a really common Aerodactyl lead. I can't decide on what to have in the first slot. Stone Edge gives me more power while Rock Slide gives me more accuracy. What do you guys think?

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall / Aqua Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

For Gyarados i've opted for a Dragon Dance multicoverage set so it can deal with quite a few Pokemon. Earthquake is essential as it takes out almost any electric opposition and has a high amount of Power. Again I can't decide what to go for, power or accuracy. Ice Fang for flying types.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    - Baton Pass
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power {Grass}

Jolteon's moveset needs massive work. Baton Pass with Choice Specs in useless but its a filler until I get a better move for it. I could either chose another move or opt for a different item. Happy with Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball as that provides STAB for Thunderbolt and coverage for Shadow Ball. Hidden Power is great sometimes. The only problem it lacks power, any suggetions?

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Blaze
    - Focus Blast
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot Infernape is used for sweeping. It covers a lot of types and can dominate after a few Nasty Plots. Not sure if Infernape can learn Aura Sphere, if so I would replace for Focus Blast as it is more accurate. Flamethrower is my next move because it gains a STAB boost and also a boost from Blaze. Energy Ball is there for the Water and Ground types that make Infernape cringe. Still open to suggestions but im quite happy with him.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Natural Cure
    - Energy Ball
    - Reflect
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover

This is a rather strange Celebi I know but the basic idea is to add a bit of defence to the team. That being, inducing a status problem to the opponent, curing a status problem with Natural Cure, adding some defence with Reflect or attacking with a STAB Energy Ball. Could be better, but that is what I came up with.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Serene Grace
    - Fire Punch
    - Thunder Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Iron Head

Jirachi is my physical stat inducer and almost like a MPV of the Pokemon world. It has all the elemental punches and a powerful steel STAB attack. Serene Grace adds a higher chance of inducing an effect whichs makes the moves more appropriate. Tell me what you think.

Other Details:

For a start, I have not put up my EVs. The EVs will be added when I add images to the post. But for know I will leave the post as it is.

Also, please do go easy on me, I am no expert in team building and this is my first NON-Monotype attempt. Contructive critism welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    ^ are right , and to make your RMT nicer , just add some pokemon pictures/sprites on every pokemon set .

Back