• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team!

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    I have my trainer card in meh siggy. I'll post the pokemon and their movesets:

1. Charizard:

Flare blitz, firefang, flamethrower, dragon rage (need to replace dragon rage with stronger move)

2. Blaziken:

Brave bird, fire blast, sky uppercut, flare blitz

3. Dragonite:

Dragon pulse, surf, fly, outrage

4. Gengar:

Shadow punch, psychic, shadow ball, thunder

5. Rayquaza:

Dragon pulse, hyper beam, dragon claw, earthquake

6. Typhlosion

Cut, rock climb, strength, flamethrower.

I think my team's flaw is that it has two dragons and three fire types...One ghost..So it takes only three pokemon to take my weakness...I REALLY wanna replace Typhlosion with a Rhyperior, but it would STILL have big weakness. And no point as that's losing my field move pokemon...

Rate away, anyways!

Years
    1. You pretty much need to redo your whole team. First off, dont have more than 1 attack of each type on a pokemon. Why 3 fire attacks on Charizard?

2. You didnt post any EVs, but i'm presuming theyre mixed.

3. Use stat-boosting moves like Swords Dance. You only have attacks and no buffs.

4. Why does your typhlosion have 3 Hm moves?

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I have my trainer card in meh siggy. I'll post the pokemon and their movesets:

1. Charizard:

Flare blitz, firefang, flamethrower, dragon rage (need to replace dragon rage with stronger move)

While I can understand that getting STAB on three moves is quite the tempting thought, it leaves you much more vunerable to anything that resists it. Consider using Air Slash over Fire Fang, as it gives you decent coverage against the things that resist Fire, as well as using perhaps Hidden Power [Fighting] over Dragon Rage. You could also try using Roost over Flare Blitz, allowing you to heal off some damage that you take.

2. Blaziken:

Brave bird, fire blast, sky uppercut, flare blitz

While I have no experience with Brave Bird, it might work out rather decently in a metagame full of Fighting types. Hi Jump Kick has higher accuracy as well as a higher base power than Sky Uppercut, so you should use that. Fire Blast could be swapped for Swords Dance in order to boost your damage if you feel like it.

3. Dragonite:

Dragon pulse, surf, fly, outrage

If you are going to use Dragonite, try focusing on its monster attack. Dragon Dance will make you both faster and stronger, so you might consider using that over Fly, and Earthquake + Fire Punch combined with Outrage will hit every pokemon in the game for at least neutral damage. Salamence does this a bit better if you do not run the ability Multiscale though, as it is a lot faster and just as strong. Might be worth a switch.

4. Gengar:

Shadow punch, psychic, shadow ball, thunder

Gengar has a much higher special attack than attack, so emphazise on that fact. Try using Focus Blast over Shadow Punch, as it provides perfect coverage together with Shadow Ball. Psychic might again be worth it, but you could also try using Hidden Power [Ice] in order to hit dragons, and unless you plan on using Rain Dance, Thunderbolt will probably work out better than Thunder due to the fact that it actually tends to hit.

5. Rayquaza:

Dragon pulse, hyper beam, dragon claw, earthquake

Rayquaza is currently situated in the Uber tier, and thus using it wouldn't be the greatest idea. Perhaps try using a Starmie in this slot, as it provides Rapid Spin support for your Charizard/Dragonite, as well as it gives you a reliable resist to Ice and Water. Something along the lines of Surf/Rapid Spin/Ice Beam/Recover or Thunderbolt could work?
    6. Typhlosion

Cut, rock climb, strength, flamethrower.

By all means, swap your Typhlosion for a Rhyperior if you want, as you have two water resists and nearly all of your team resists Grass/Fighting. I would suggest fitting a steel in here somewhere though, possibly Empoleon could be a nice fit with its bazillion resistances? It would also give your team Stealth Rock support which it greatly appreachiates due to its offensive nature, as the damage on everything that switches in eventually takes its toll.

I think my team's flaw is that it has two dragons and three fire types...One ghost..So it takes only three pokemon to take my weakness...I REALLY wanna replace Typhlosion with a Rhyperior, but it would STILL have big weakness. And no point as that's losing my field move pokemon...

Rate away, anyways!

Good luck with your team!

Back