• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team

dethklok8

Shiny_Charizard
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    So I'm building a team for competitive battling and I would like outside opinions on it and if I could use any better moves or even Pokemon.

Greninja@
    Ability: Protean
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
    Ice Beam
    U-Turn
    Spikes
    Surf

Aegislash@Shell Bell
    Ability: Stance Change
    252 Atk/128 Def/128 SpD
    Shadow Sneak
    Sacred Sword
    King's Shield
    Swords Dance

Mega Charizard Y@Charizardite Y
    Ability: Drought
    252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
    Flamethrower
    Solar Beam
    Roost
    Focus Blast

Goodra@Damp Rock
    Ability: Hydration
    252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA
    Rain Dance
    Dragon Pulse
    Thunder
    Rest

Donphan@Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
    Rapid Spin
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang

Gorebyss@White Herb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    252 SpA/252 SpD/4 HP
    Substitute
    Surf
    Baton Pass
    Shell Smash

If you have any advice for my team on how to improve it that would be great! Thanks guys!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Extrasensory > U-turn on Greninja; dealing with Mega Venusaur could be helpful.

King's Shield + Swords Dance Aegislash is horrible. It's walled easily and crippled by burn. You don't get how Stance Change works, do you? It simply lets Aegislash switch forms, which share the same EVs between one another. It's best to use offensive spreads on it as a result:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak/Sacred Sword
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Pursuit
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 244 HP/12 Def/252 SAtk
    Item: Leftovers/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag/Air Balloon

or
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Shadow Ball
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/12 Def/252 SAtk
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
    -Pursuit/Sacred Sword
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Shadow Claw/Iron Head
    -Sacred Sword/Head Smash
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Fire Blast > Flamethrower on Charizard Y. It provides more power, while still being reasonably accurate. Put the last 4 EVs into either defensive stat; putting them in HP makes them even, making Charizard die to 2 Stealth Rock switch-ins.

Goodra's Rain conflicts with Charizard's Drought. Rain stalling is highly ineffective this generation because of the rain nerf to Drizzle. Instead, Goodra can act as a bulky Assault Vest sponge:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast
    -Thunderbolt/Earthquake
    -Dragon Tail/Earthquake
    Nature: Quiet/Sassy
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey/Sap Sipper

Donphan is outclassed by Excadrill as a Rapid Spinner because the latter hits harder and has more reasonable Speed:
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Head
    -Rapid Spin
    -Rock Slide/Stealth Rock
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Air Balloon
    Ability: Mold Breaker

or
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Head
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe (Choice Scarf) or 120 HP/136 Atk/252 SDef (Assault Vest; Adamant only)
    Item: Choice Scarf/Assault Vest
    Ability: Mold Breaker

dethklok8

Shiny_Charizard
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Ok. So if I wanted to go with a Physical Sweeper Aegislash I should just scratch King's Shield all togther and go with Iron Head or something?

I like your Goodra setup . I read that Rain was nerfed this gen so I was worried about that, so thanks for the new build.

Also, I totally would have gone with Excadrill first, had I known that he was in OU 6th gen. Guess I should have done a little more research on that one.

Lastly, should I have my Gorebyss pass to normally? I was originally going to pass to Charizard, but if there is a better option that I'm not seeing, I'd love to get some advice! Thanks again for your feedback!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    For a purely physical Aegislash, use the last set Platinum posted. You can pass the Shell Smash boosts to anyone except Donphan really. Which is nice, because it allows for some flexibility during battles; you don't always have to pass to the same poke.

And Flamethrower really is a viable Fire STAB on Mega Zard Y. 80% accuracy isn't as accurate as you'd think Dragon Tail with its 90% accuracy misses way more than it should for me. The miss hax is strong in Pokemon. But play around with Fire Blast and Flamethrower, see which you like better.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    And now I realized something wrong with your Shell Smash set: Gorebyss doesn't have Speed EVs to take advantage of the +2 Speed boost. Make the nature Timid with 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe.

dethklok8

Shiny_Charizard
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah sorry, I didn't mean SpD. I also didn't mean that on Charizard and Greninja. They all are 252 Spe instead of SpD

Back