• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my UU team.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Alright. This is my first post here on pokecommunity. Please don't post random comments about me using UU when you play OU. I enjoy UU and will continue playing this tier until I get bored. Anyway please rate and comment and suggest improvements for this team. As soon as I get enough posts I shall include images as it will make the thread look more intresting. Thanks. Here is a quick overview of the team.

Rate my UU team.
    Rate my UU team.
    Rate my UU team.
    Rate my UU team.
    Rate my UU team.
    Rate my UU team.

All text in brackets is the thing that has been changed.

Rate my UU team.

Swellow @ Flame Orb (Toxic Orb)
    Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Guts
    EVS: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Facade
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn
    - Protect / Quick Attack / Pursuit

I personally use Protect over Quick Attack and Pursuit because it will resist a
    sleep attack, such as Spore or Sleep Powder for a turn, which is commonly used
    in the UU enviroment. Facade, with its 140 base damage due to STAB makes an
    excellent, late game sweeping move to almost all opponents. Brave Bird takes
    the second slot to deal with Ghosts such as Mismagius, that Facade cannot hit.
    U-Turn can be used to quickly switch Swellow. It is even more effective right after
    Protect because of Toxic Orb. I was considering Flame Orb, but Swellow
    normally lasts only 3 turns. Works well I would say in the UU enviroment as a lead.
    (Have now got Flame Orb attached to it)

Rate my UU team.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVS: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic (Crunch)
    - Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen is a brilliant tank in the UU enviroment IMO. Stone Edge is there to hit
    birds with super effective damage. Earthquake for fire types and for a decent
    attacking move. I am having trouble deciding what move to have for slot 3. Crunch
    hits Ghosts and Psychics for super effective damage but Protect gives you a turn
    to heal. Again I can't decide what to use. Toxic Spikes poisions the foe badly,
    while Stealth Rock hits foes with more damage on the switch in. What do you guys
    think? I could use a Support Lead set, but Swellow leads currently. If Nidoqueen
    should lead let me know.

Rate my UU team.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Levitate
    EVS: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

OK. Houndoom has been replaced with Mismagius. This is a Calm Mind - Subtitute set.
    Off the bat use SUB and then use Calm Mind till it fades. Then use appropriate move.

Rate my UU team.

Roserade @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVS: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Energy Ball (Spikes)

I use Roserade as a Subseeder. Sludge Bomb can knock out fellow grass types
    as well as deal moderate damage due to STAB. Set up Spikes after a Leech
    Seed since many opponents switch when Leech Seed is set up. Spikes will
    then activate giving the switcher their punishment. Roserades base 90 speed
    can outrun threats that don't have a speed enhancing nature which makes it
    even more useful. It doesn't outrun Jumpluff or Sceptile but has a powerful Sludge
    Bomb as mentioned earlier.
    (I no longer have Spikes. Been replaced with Energy Ball for coverage.)

Rate my UU team.

Omastar @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Shell Armour
    EVS:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Hydro Pump
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power (Spikes)
    - Ice Beam

I went with Hydro Pump over Surf for more damage. As well as OHKOing almost
    all fire, rock and ground types it can still deal a lot of damage to an opponent.
    I have 2 hazard moves that I can set up when I switch Omastar in for a second
    run. Stealth Rock on the first time sending him out then switching when danger is
    near. Spikes can be set up when Omastar returns to the battle. Ice Beam takes
    care of Dragons and Grass types so Omastar doesn't have much trouble with
    them.
    (OK, replaced Spikes for Earth Power. Will keep SR just in case.)

Rate my UU team.

Altaria @ Life Orb
    Nature:Adamant
    EVS: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Sing (Roost)

Even though Altaria has a mediocre attack stat. It can still decimate after a few
    Dragon Dances followed by Outrage. This is extremely effective in UU. I chose
    Earthquake for my third move to give Altaria an alternative move to use. I haven't
    made my mind up on what to have on slot 4. I came up with Roost or Sing but I
    can't decide which one to chose. Roost heals while Sing sends opponents to
    sleep forcing a switch or a few free turns. I think I might use Roost, but what do
    you guys think?
    (Decided to go with Sing on Altaria)

Well here it is. Please enjoy rating the team. Any suggestions would be grateful. Thanks again.

EDIT: Well... Didn't want a ghost... But I will see how it runs sooner or later. However will not place it on the thread.
    EDIT: Well now that I have enough posts, I have updated the thread with images and replaced Houndoom for Mismagius to help with EQ weaknesses.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    With all those Spikes a Rapid Spin Blocker or Ghost would be smart or you will be just wasting time setting them up.

Mismagius or even Rotom >> Houndoom imo.

Spikes on both Roserade AND Omastar ? Yeah....no. Replace one load of these Spikes for something else.

My goodness you have the biggest Life Orb Milotic weak ive ever seen. @__@, so put a grass move on Roserade >> Spikes prolly. Since Oma already has them.

Roar on nidoqueen might be nice last slot too with all thse spikes you are abusing and Toxic Spikes >> Stone Edge or Crunch.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Thanks Dark_Azelf for noticing all those weaks. LOL, I didn't realise I had that many of them. Anyway, will change it up when I have time. Busy developing my game so yea. Thanks.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Alright. This is my first post here on pokecommunity. Please don't post random comments about me using UU when you play OU. I enjoy UU and will continue playing this tier until I get bored. Anyway please rate and comment and suggest improvements for this team. As soon as I get enough posts I shall include images as it will make the thread look more intresting. Thanks.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Trait: Guts
    EVS: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Facade
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn
    - Protect / Quick Attack / Pursuit

I personally use Protect over Quick Attack and Pursuit because it will resist a
    sleep attack, such as Spore or Sleep Powder for a turn, which is commonly used
    in the UU enviroment. Facade, with its 140 base damage due to STAB makes an
    excellent, late game sweeping move to almost all opponents. Brave Bird takes
    the second slot to deal with Ghosts such as Mismagius, that Facade cannot hit.
    U-Turn can be used to quickly switch Swellow. It is even more effective right after
    Protect because of Toxic Orb. I was considering Flame Orb, but Swellow
    normally lasts only 3 turns. Works well I would say in the UU enviroment as a lead.

First of all, cudos on the UU team. Anyone who has a go at you telling you that UU's suck, tell 'em where to stick it.

Anyway, standard set here for Swellow, but the Burn Orb does do less damage than the Toxic Orb. Swellow really should be going first and dealing massive damage, so he shouldn't be taking much damage from the opponent.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVS: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch / Protect
    - Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes

Nidoqueen is a brilliant tank in the UU enviroment IMO. Stone Edge is there to hit
    birds with super effective damage. Earthquake for fire types and for a decent
    attacking move. I am having trouble deciding what move to have for slot 3. Crunch
    hits Ghosts and Psychics for super effective damage but Protect gives you a turn
    to heal. Again I can't decide what to use. Toxic Spikes poisions the foe badly,
    while Stealth Rock hits foes with more damage on the switch in. What do you guys
    think? I could use a Support Lead set, but Swellow leads currently. If Nidoqueen
    should lead let me know.
    Nice set. My personal preference is Rock Slide over Stone Edge for accuracy. You could solve both your dilemmas here by going with both SR and TS, that way you have entry hazards to deal with everything. But this is only advisable if you think Nidoqueen can last long enough to hold out. Otherwise, go with SR and Toxic.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVS: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - Will-O-Wisp

I use Houndoom as a special sweeper. Nasty Plot really helps here as it further
    increases Houndooms already decent 110 base SpA. I chose Fire Blast over
    Flamethrower for more damage. Dark Pulse takes the third slot due to STAB
    damage. It also allows me to fight Psychics and Ghosts. Will-O-Wisp is in the
    final move slot. Since it burns a foe, you get a free turn to use Nasty Plot if they
    switch. I chose Life Orb as the held item because I wanted more power from
    Houndoom.
    Fine, though I would put max speed EV's into him instead of those HP, which won't help much.

Roserade @ Leftovers
    EVS: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Spikes

I use Roserade as a Subseeder. Sludge Bomb can knock out fellow grass types
    as well as deal moderate damage due to STAB. Set up Spikes after a Leech
    Seed since many opponents switch when Leech Seed is set up. Spikes will
    then activate giving the switcher their punishment. Roserades base 90 speed
    can outrun threats that don't have a speed enhancing nature which makes it
    even more useful. It doesn't outrun Jumpluff or Sceptile but has a powerful Sludge
    Bomb as mentioned earlier.

You don't need the Spikes here since Nidoqueen is your lead. Also, Sludge Bomb gives horrible coverage. Energy Ball or Giga Drain would go better.

Omastar @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Shell Armour
    EVS:252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Hydro Pump
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Ice Beam

I went with Hydro Pump over Surf for more damage. As well as OHKOing almost
    all fire, rock and ground types it can still deal a lot of damage to an opponent.
    I have 2 hazard moves that I can set up when I switch Omastar in for a second
    run. Stealth Rock on the first time sending him out then switching when danger is
    near. Spikes can be set up when Omastar returns to the battle. Ice Beam takes
    care of Dragons and Grass types so Omastar doesn't have much trouble with
    them.
    Again, why do you have another lead set up on this guy??? You only need one lead. Ancient Power and Earth Power can be better used here.

Altaria @ Life Orb
    Nature:Adamant
    EVS: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Roost / Sing

Even though Altaria has a mediocre attack stat. It can still decimate after a few
    Dragon Dances followed by Outrage. This is extremely effective in UU. I chose
    Earthquake for my third move to give Altaria an alternative move to use. I haven't
    made my mind up on what to have on slot 4. I came up with Roost or Sing but I
    can't decide which one to chose. Roost heals while Sing sends opponents to
    sleep forcing a switch or a few free turns. I think I might use Roost, but what do
    you guys think?

Well here it is. Please enjoy rating the team. Any suggestions would be grateful. Thanks again.
    Good set, could do better with another attack over Roost though.

Anyway, this team is unique, and certainly cool. But over all the problem is you have three leads when really you will only need one.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Anyway, this team is unique, and certainly cool. But over all the problem is you have three leads when really you will only need one.

But he doesnt have 3 leads, he has one.

You do know that to lay spikes you do not have to be leading right ?

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Thanks for the comments and the thumbs up Greene. The things you suggested will be added to my original post so I can remember. I finally have time to change it up a bit... And, Dark_Azelf, is right. I do only have one lead, but hey... Not to worry.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Your team don't have normal resistor (Omastar doesn't have a Staying Power), a ChoiceScarf-Slaking (and don't ask me because is considered a Never Used, when it comes with a very dangerous Pokémon for the tier UU) from a lot of problems to your team, you don't have Choice Scarfer therefore you have a very slow team that a Powerfull-ChoiceScarfer could suffer adversary, attention to Trick and Stealth Rock to which you are a lot of weak.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Huh, Omastar is a fine "choice scarf" Slaking check. It soaks up every attack bar EQ fine taking pitiful damage and even if he mispredicts and switches it in on an EQ it doesnt even do 60% which again will be fine because he can set up spikes, get lefties recovery, get a soda maybe some toast in the turn it slacks off.

(Omastar doesn't have a Staying Power)

Sorry, what ? Sure he lacks resistances but so does cress, but really base 70 hp/ base 125 defense / base 70 sp.def IS stying power and quite a bit of it.

This will become even more so if he adds the ghost i recommended.

Slaking is a threat to any team thats because its offenses are stupid, however it is very easy to predict around almost to the point that you mispredict once and you waste 2 turns. Hence why it is NU because players are not willing to take that risk and you mispredict you have a glorified set up fodder on your hands.

But yes for the most part i do agree, this is kinda like a stall team with one or 2 sweepers. @_@

Last edited:

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Do, you think Misgagius would be a good ghost for the team... May cover a few weaknesses so I will give it a go. Any movesets I could try... I am kinda stumped... I never normally use ghost types.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Mismagius with the Mean Look/Perish Song combo is a beast. Talking from experience here, it has taken out more Pokemon than any other Pokemon I own.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    OK. Thanks a lot Greene1516. Will try it out and I will update the forum.

Pokemon Ranger of Almia

Thats Red... Your off!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Swellow is a brill lead in UU. True, Protect may save you from a sleep inducing attack. But Pursuit gives you more coverage and is way more useful. Mismagius is good, and I agree with Greene here. Destiny Bond set is a killer used properly. Anyway, Pursuit should help your team because you are losing damage from Flame Orb anyway so I don't see the point. :/ Anyway do what you like. Just a suggestion. :)

Back