• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my UU team!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    I'm relatively new to this whole thing, but here it goes. Without further ado, my UU team!

Uxie
    Impish Nature, 252HP, 128Def, 128 SpD
    Levitate
    Held Item: Choice Scarf
    Trick
    Stealth Rock
    Zen Headbutt
    U-Turn

Uxie is my trick lead. I used it over Mespirit because almost every Mespirit set is a trick set, so i figured this would be less perdictable. Basically, I come in, trick their lead, and proceed to set up SR. I'm not positive about Zen Headbutt, but I'm not sure what else to put there. The only leads that give me serious problems are Scarfsaur and any Ambipomb, but I have checks to those. (well, at least Ambipomb) I had no clue how to EV/Nature this Uxie, so I just did it in a defensive way.

Chansey
    Calm Nature, 252Def, 252SpD, 4Spe
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Seismic Toss
    Counter
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled/Wish

Chansey is my special wall, and does a great job. She is crucial to my team because she carries a status-healing move, and paralysis stops my team cold. I gave her counter to net surprise KOs, and usually it works. I have softboiled for healing right now, as it works better with counter, but my sweepers would appreciate Wish support, so I'm open to it. The 4 Speed EVS are just to barely outspeed other Chansey in case of a Seismis Toss war.

Spiritomb
    Bold Nature, 252HP, 200Def, 56SpD
    Pressure
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Substitute
    Will-O-Wisp
    Rest
    Dark Pulse
    Spiritomb is my check to Physical attackers. His EVs give him great physical bulk, as well as immunity to two popular Physical attack types. Basically, he comes in on a resist/immunity, sets up a sub, and determines his next move from there (usually it involves Will-O-Wisp). He rests when he's about to die, and then he can sleep it off thanks to his bulk, or Chansey can aromatherpay it away.

Tauros
    Adamant Nautre, 252Att, 252Spe, 4HP
    Intimidate
    Held item: Chocie Band
    Return
    Earthquake
    Pursuit
    Zen Headbutt

Tauros is my Physical Sweeper, and is hugely underrated. Normal is a great STAB to work with, and Tauros makes great use of it (328 Attack before CB) With an Adamant nature and 110 Base Speed, He can tear through walls many would think could counter him (especially on the switch), and then proceed to wreak havoc on the rest of the team. With intimidate, he can come in on a wide variety of physical attackers because he has surprisingly good physical bulk (95 Base Defense) I would consider running Jolly to outspeed some, but I'm not sure what it would help outspeed. Sorry for all the parentheses in this secton, by the way :)

Alakazam
    Timid Nature, 252SpA, 252Spe, 4HP
    Synchornize
    Held item: Choice Specs
    Psychic
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Ball
    Trick

Alakazam is an UU staple, and He's a great complement to Tauros. Whatever Tauros can't kill, 'Zam can and vice versa. Alakazam can 2HKO a Specially Defensive Milotic with Energy Ball, Psychic hurts anything that isn't Dark type or named Hypno/Grumpig. I chose trick mostly for crippling Chansey, but It also helps later in the game if 'Zam is my last poke and I can't have him locked in one move. Please don't talk to me about Focus Blast; I can't handle the horrible accuracy.

Medicham
    Adamant Nature, 252Att 252Spe 4 HP
    Pure Power
    Held Item: Choice Scarf
    Trick
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Zen Headbutt

Medicham is my revenge Killer, and most of his moves are pretty standard STAB/Priority. Brick break and Zen Headbutt get STAB, while Bullet punch allows me to revenge kill even if I lose the Scarf. The exception is Trick, which is mostly filler, but I don't know what else to replace it with. 'Cham is the one who I'm least sure about overall. I was looking into Scarfmonlee, but I haven't made the switch yet. For now, Medicham does fine.

So, that's my team. The two who I'm least sure about are Uxie and Medicham, but any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    About your Uxie, pin all those Sp.Def Evs on its Defense, It'll help you out with Ambipom.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • tauros wants payback > pursuit, helps you to hit ghosts on the switch, namely tomb

give zam a LO so he doesnt get screwed over by tomb or absol. (you have a 50/50 chance to win if they mispredict, if you have specs you always lose)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • ^ Actually, Pursuit is good on Tauros because it lets it hit switching opponents.

Counter is pretty bad on Chansey, IMO because it dies to most physical attacks. A status move like Thunder Wave or Toxic might work well in its place.

Back