• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You! (2.0)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    This thread has been made in the middle of last year, and, I thought it'd be cool and fun to let it see the light once again! So, in this thread, basically you rate the video game music in the post above, depending on how you like it. You can rate it from a scale from 1 - 10, or write your impressions of the music, it's up to you! Just as long as discussion can be oriented.

After rating the music above, please post a video game music piece of your own! Feel free to post whatever video game music you like.

Anyway, I'll start this thread out with this:

Star Fox Corneria Theme [SNES]

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    10/10.

Honestly, this is my favourite version of Pursuit in all of the Ace Attorney games.

Grand Knights History (PSP) - Charge! (Climax)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    THIS is Touhou music that everyone keeps raving about? Seems like an incoherent mess that tries to pump you up for an epic battle or something. There's just no sense of cohesiveness. I don't like it.
    5/10. It's not bad, but it doesn't excite me. Pretty disappointed actually considering the love it gets, but maybe it's just this one track. I'll listen to some others.

Let me just get the best video game music out of the way first.

What David Wise got out of the SNES chip to produce this diligent, immersive and atmospheric masterpiece is nothing short of brilliant. Unbelievable he got something like this considering the limitations, and it's still unmatched to this day. DKC2 OST is a huge achievement for video games OSTs

Years
    8/10 It's an very atmospheric and ambient song, If I were just to listen to that without knowing what it was, I would admit it sounds almost N64/early Ps1 quality. That's pretty cool. The song on it's own however, is just a tad to ambient and started to lose my interest as the song kept going. I have no doubt that it would serve well for a video game level though.

Ni No Kuni- "Field"

I've always believed that a good World Map/Battle theme can turn a good rpg into a memorizing one. It can literately change your outlook on grinding if your just too swept up with the grandeur of the music.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    8/10. Makes for a nice world map theme. Funny thing is, the beginning reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Why? Hell if I know. Not like its a bad thing.

Whatcha think of this: Soul Nomad and the World Eaters's Jazzy Glass. IMO, its the best shop music I've ever heard in a game.

Years
    7/10

That was pretty jazzy! I liked the piano, but I couldn't quite get into the overly sythed trumpet, I did enjoy the overall piece though, but the trumpet was distracting. I'd love to see a cover of this with an actual trumpet, that be pretty smooth.

I've been playing alot of Project X Zone, and while the music in that game is mostly water downed themes of other games, it leads me to find the really good originals. Like this piece for Resonance of Fate.

Resonance of Fate- Irruption (A)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Damn, that actually sounds pretty nice. 8/10 I've been hearing nice stuff about that game, so I should try it.

MY FIGHT MONEY this suits dudley more

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    7.5/10. I'm a hoe for battle themes, but that isn't what I'd use for a battle theme. Overall, the music itself isn't bad. It'd certainly be a good track for the levels though.

More battle music!

Disgaea D2's Moving Express. It's for most of the game's regular boss battles.

PMG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    So you get to here this theme a lot in the game right? Good because this is great. It's fast paced, and gives you this sense that there's no way you're going to lose. So I'll give it a 9/10.

Speaking of boss themes, here's Persona 4's; I'll Face Myself (Battle).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    9/10. I'm really liking it. Gonna add it to the list of VGM I listen to.

Keepin' the battle theme...theme rollin', here's Tales of Xillia's version of Tales of Symphonia's The End of a Thought.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ooooh I loved that theme, but truth be told, I kiiinda liked the original better. But still! 8.5/10!

Now, how about, Lorule Field - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]

PMG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Oh that's a real relaxing theme. A good theme to walk through an expansive overworld. 9/10

Jumping back onto the battle theme train, here's It Has To Be This Way from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Outlier

4/10 Don't take it personally, maybe it's because I'm not a FF fan but I was completely indifferent to that music. Sounded very generic and bland to me.

How about Chicago's/Lee Choalan's theme from the first two Tekken games?

Outlier

I was going to give it a 6, but I'll give it a 7 because it reminds me of one of the F-Zero racing game soundtracks.

Snaaaake, we're not finished yet!

Back