• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Inspired by the thread over in General Entertainment Rate the anime theme above you. In this thread you rate the video game music in the post above, depending on how you like it. Whether you rate it with a scale of 1 to 10 or just write a nice, lengthy impression or whatever is up to you, as long as it encourages discussion of the music from the medium.

You also have to post your own video game music after you're done rating the last one.

Note: Try to avoid posting Pokemon music if you can. Seeing as this is a Pokemon forum, there's a chance this thread might end up being dominated with Pokemon music (because they're fantastic, really), so I'd like to avoid that as much as I could. The whole point of this thread is to get introduced to music you never heard of before but might end up liking.

I'll start off with one remix of a classic music that I particularly like, and my favorite of the whole game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXv57X7N510

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ah yes, the objection theme. Man I love this one, the moments when it plays are usually one of the best. The feeling that you actually found out a hole in the witness's testimony is second to none, and with that music you feel unstoppable. There's just something about tht music that makes me think "I got you now!", and the other objection themes from the series just don't even come close, except Ace Attorney Investigation's.
    By the way, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 remixed that theme. Check it out! It's a lot better than the Cornered remix, imo.

For the theme I'm gonna post, it's actually a rather obscure one. I just love how, while the Minor Circuit theme was more triumphant to indicates Punch Out's return, the Major Circuit just screams "things got serious, and you will lose", coupled by the fact the Major Circuit's boxers being the craziest of the bunch, just helps this theme stand out. One of the many fantastic themes of this game. YOOOOOOSHAAAAA!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzAPa4ji7M
    It also makes fights a lot more badass. Check out how fitting it is for this fight in particular.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Hey yeah, I do agree on you about how the tone of the music does scream out to, "you should finally get serious, or else you're going to pay". Plus it is pretty catchy, and it does have a certain gesture that it's way different from the other themes of Punch Out I listened to! 9/10

Now, I've been listening to a lot of Persona tracks lately, but more specifically, Persona 3 and Persona 4 tracks. So, for the theme I'll post, I'll post this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Z6E5ResUg

It sort of as a feel that you're in a party, or just casually hanging about with friends~

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll be honest, I was never big into Kingdom Heart's soundtrack. (Mind you, I never played the games.) But this one I actually like. The Disney side of Kingdom Hearts is what I like, and that sounds something I'd hear from a Disney movie. It has quite a magical feel. Certainly not as cliche as I expected. Thumbs up.

I figured I should post something from Rhythm Heaven, but the soundtrack is so phenomenal it's too hard to decide what I should post. I ended up going with this, because I remembered my little sister and cousins love it so much, and so do I! BA BUM BUM BUM! TWO, THREE, FOUR!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MBM0ndrpB8

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • VGMusic? Okay, I can get behind this. You also made this too easy, Spinosaurus. :P I don't even have to listen to it.

I give Air Rally an 7.5 or an 8 in relation to Rhythm Heaven itself. I dunno where I'd rank it considering all VG music in and of itself, I listen to a lot of soundtracks on a daily basis, so it's really hard for me to rate them as a collective.

Air Rally's definitely catchy and upbeat, but there's still some songs that top it, even from Tengoku. Examples? Well, I think Space Soccer is a bit more ambitious, and Love Lab or whatever that was called is a good example of setting a mood. I feel even Space Dance is more memorable. And now that I'm drawing the parallels, I also find Ping Pong more memorable as well (it's simplier for sure, but it's a lot more melodic, so I can recall and hum it easier). Same thematic idea, and it also had the Space Dancers. I guess everything they touch is pretty solid.

Here's a song I still can't get enough of today. Melodic all day long, but pretty powerful too. Manabu Namiki, I bow down to your awesome. orz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMP7a3nbuKk

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • I've Cave Story before, but I got stuck on certain part (don't remember where) and I kind of gave up :l 8.5

As long as we are on the topic of Cave Story:

Sir Codin

That was a nice acoustic piece. Maybe I'll give the game a try, but I'm kinda sick of FPS's lately.

7/10

------------------
    The main theme for Plane Scape: Torment

So far I'm liking what I'm playing. Wish I had gotten into this game way back when.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • Oooooh, I like this thread! It'll expose me to some very cool video game soundtracks!

For the Persona song above me, I'd give it a 8/10. I didn't really like the riff and the timbre of the rhythm guitar in the beginning and verses, but it grew on me about 40 seconds in the song. But what I liked was the chorus and the buildup to it! I loved the tension between the verse and the chorus, the transition of the buildup, and the bridge of the song. Actually going to listen to it again right now!

How about we get that 8-bit flow? You probably know this one, and if you do, it would be cool to rate something familiar to you, ne?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MNAktk9ei8

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ooh, a vg music thread. I see myself checking this out a fair bit. =)

I love GSC tunes, in part admittedly due to nostalgia. But they have really made a lot of good tunes in that game in their own right imo.

This one I like, but there's a good number I prefer over it. The beginning of the tune is not that catchy or that great, but the second half is pretty nice and does make up for it. It suits as a quiet town/towns theme as well, so it does its job there. I'll go with 7/10.

I might as well go with a tune of a recent game I've played a lot of, courtesy of a friend lending it to me.

One of my favourite tunes from the game, and it's one of many as well. Pity it doesn't sound like the highest quality version and I couldn't find better. Good enough?

Last edited:
    Back