• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rawr! It's a Lucario/Riolu Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Honestly, Lucario seems to stand alone, have no Gen 4 opposite (or any Gen opposite, at that). The only thing I can think of is Lucario being on the Diamond box and Drapion being on the Pearl box.

Lucario is Fight/Steel and Drapion is Poison/Dark, two types introduced in the second gen. They were (at one point) considered opposites. Both their second (and as of now, final) forms were revealed before DP release, and their preevos weren't mentioned at all, they were left for DP.

No other Pokemon is nearly as comparable to Lucario in those categories.

It could very well be possible that we will see a new opposite for Lucario in the next generation (which most likely will be released). Currently, the most likely candidate would probably be Drapion like you've said. I can't really think that Lucario has anything that yet matches it.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    Sorry for not being here. And welcome to the club, gonbeneko25. What is the topic about Riolu and Lucario?

~Rene~ :t025:

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    Honestly, Lucario seems to stand alone, have no Gen 4 opposite (or any Gen opposite, at that). The only thing I can think of is Lucario being on the Diamond box and Drapion being on the Pearl box.

Lucario is Fight/Steel and Drapion is Poison/Dark, two types introduced in the second gen. They were (at one point) considered opposites. Both their second (and as of now, final) forms were revealed before DP release, and their preevos weren't mentioned at all, they were left for DP.

No other Pokemon is nearly as comparable to Lucario in those categories.

._. I thought Psychic was the opposite of Dark.. Also I'm back, and I just hatched a female Modest Riolu. Trainin' time. ;)

Karsen

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Lucario is my favourite pokemon so put me down on the list.
    Rawr!  It's a Lucario/Riolu Club!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    ._. I thought Psychic was the opposite of Dark..

They are. But like I said, at one point they were opposites, as they are the two types introduced in the Metalgen. Starting in Advancedgen, they weren't really opposites anymore.

Welcome to the club, Karsen! Good to have another LuRi fan with us! Actually, welcome back, lots of people! I'm glad we're getting a bit more active again.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Its more like a triangle now with Dark --> Psychic ---> Fighting etc.

Lucario is a odd one because its moveset and Steel type addition allows it to strike Dark AND Psychic pokemon quite hard...no other Fighting pokemon can really do that as effectivily. Theres Medichem and Gallade as well which could...but i'm not sure of thier combat capablitlities (Never used either)

Altogether on my Pearl and my new Diamond version, i've trained 3 Lucario. On both versions its a main for the team I been going tthrough the game with. And I used another in a tournament as well, all male. My favourite is still the first one I trained but on my Diamond version, I have a Modest natured male Lucario which I'm growing very fond of.

Aura Sphere 4tw!

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    Aura Sphere is awesome, yeah. Gallade is awesome with attack and special attack, I have an EV trained one, but it dies quickly to physical attacks. It survives Shadow Balls well, though, that helps. Also, I forgot that Riolu only evolves at daytime, so I wasted a rare candy last night. >_<

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Wow, welcome Pokefan2007, chimchar59 AND Pokemaniac12! Neato, three new members in one day!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm glad you're so enthusiastic, Pokefan2007 :D And wow, do you reply fast... ._.;

And holy Riolu! I just went and counted, and we have exactly 40 members! Whoo! *sprinkles confetti on Pokemaniac12* Congrats! You're our 40th member!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back