• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ray has been bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Quite bored indeed
    I finished uni just over a month ago, and since that time I've been fiddling with pixels a lot more often (as well as working), so um... yeah. Updates should be random, but they will come eventually, hahaha.

Pokémon Smilies: Previous set [Mudkip]. A couple of these are actually being used on PC \o/
    Ray has been bored

Ledian Sheet: In an attempt to make a sprite sheet of sorts, I revamped and edited a Gold, Silver or Crystal sprite, split it apart... and that's how far I got, lol. I've actually never shown it to anyone before.
    Ray has been bored

Snowbank Scare [WIP]: This probably won't ever be finished, lol.
    Ray has been bored

Mecha-Rattata: Just something for a newly started, also probably never finished thing I'm working on.
    Ray has been bored

Zangoose Repose: Another thing for the above mentioned thing. Based off a photo of a figurine.
    Ray has been bored

Chie [Persona 4 Character]: After I saw some cute fanart of this character I really couldn't help myself. Splice + edit this is.
    Ray has been bored

Diglett, Geodude & Zubat [Mother 3 style]: I love the beautiful simplicity of the Mother series (and how they are used so marvelously in game), so I think this was a natural course of action. More has to be done.
    Ray has been bored

Drifloon & Chingling!: Created in an emulation of some sprites used in the GBC Pokémon Puzzle League game.
    Ray has been bored

Pregnant Woman: Just felt like drawing this.
    Ray has been bored

Older work [Old Thread]

Assorted Scratch Sprites: (excluding the Charizard)
    Ray has been bored

Drifloon Moémon
    Ray has been bored

Scratch Drifloon & Glameow
    Ray has been bored

Priscilla [Claymore Character]
    Ray has been bored

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, thanks. I hope you liked them :)​

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Those are too cute. D:

I saw the Jynx one; Immediately went, "LUKE LOL"

I like the Munchlax one the best though. The spinda is really good too. :O As always, you are an amazing pixel artist. <3

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • nice...i get a kick out of the squirtle squad one... xo

they're pretty good, it looks like you scratched them, i think...they're better than mine at least...
    Ray has been bored

nice job, and it's nice to see you posting stuff, instead of just moderating for a change ^_^

I never saw the mudkips before, but i have to admit that they are very cute... and nicely done... obviously you dont need any tips, since you're such a good spriter...the only suggestion that i have is to make lickitungs tongue a bit wider...but who am i to tell you what to do...

(Keep Spriting!>
    Ray has been bored

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Those are too cute. D:

I saw the Jynx one; Immediately went, "LUKE LOL"

I like the Munchlax one the best though. The spinda is really good too. :O As always, you are an amazing pixel artist. <3
    Yeah, while I was doing it I was thinking about how much Luke would love it, haha.

Thanks ♥
    nice...i get a kick out of the squirtle squad one... xo

they're pretty good, it looks like you scratched them, i think...they're better than mine at least...
    Ray has been bored

nice job, and it's nice to see you posting stuff, instead of just moderating for a change ^_^

I never saw the mudkips before, but i have to admit that they are very cute... and nicely done... obviously you dont need any tips, since you're such a good spriter...the only suggestion that i have is to make lickitungs tongue a bit wider...but who am i to tell you what to do...

(Keep Spriting!>
    Ray has been bored
    I think the Squirtle one is pretty cool :P

Yeah, scratched :)
    You made that? That's not bad at all. I like the style of it.

hahaha yeah I figured I should do something. It had been a while.

Thanks :D And yeah, I didn't like the lickitung much, I'll try working on the tongue.
    What do you mean? I want people to comment and help me out, so don't belittle yourself like that.

Thanks again :D

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I think the Squirtle one is pretty cool :P

Yeah, scratched :)
    You made that? That's not bad at all. I like the style of it.

hahaha yeah I figured I should do something. It had been a while.

Thanks :D And yeah, I didn't like the lickitung much, I'll try working on the tongue.
    What do you mean? I want people to comment and help me out, so don't belittle yourself like that.

Thanks again :D

gyarados head is ripped from pmd sprites i made...

the lickitung one is "scratched"...kinda...i took an existing sprite, edited out the body, changed the shape of the head a bit, actually did scratch the tongue, and colored it in (i did it all in white while making it...)

there is one thing i do like about mine, theyre more at an angle while yours are head on...then again, yours are more of that "smily" style, 2dish with little attributes...either way, i still like them...

thanks for the compliment on mine :nervous: i appreciate that...keep up the great work...cant wait to see more!

you know what's next!

(Keep Spriting!>
    (i wasnt able to pull up the gyarados head...that might be a problem...)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Wow Ray.
    As always, i'm a big fan of your spriting (especially the way you shade)
    The only problem I have is Lickitung's tongue, which looks to small and gets too big, but I think thats just how it is :S

I reckon PC should switch to the mudkip smilies :P.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    there is one thing i do like about mine, theyre more at an angle while yours are head on...then again, yours are more of that "smily" style, 2dish with little attributes...either way, i still like them...

thanks for the compliment on mine :nervous: i appreciate that...keep up the great work...cant wait to see more!
    Yeah, that's what I was going for here - smilies :)

hahaha you're welcome.

yay! so cute :3 so you're the one who made them Mudkipz smilies...
    Yeah, thanks :)

Wow Ray.
    As always, i'm a big fan of your spriting (especially the way you shade)
    The only problem I have is Lickitung's tongue, which looks to small and gets too big, but I think thats just how it is :S

I reckon PC should switch to the mudkip smilies :P.
    Really? Thanks man :D
    Nah, I need to rework that tongue, I knew it looked bad when I finished it.

I thought so to! But apparently I need to produce more variety and we don't follow memes here or something... pffbt :P

Years
  • :o I like 'em alot!
    Everyone has already said stuff about the tongue so we leave that out.
    x3 You do so well on the outlines, I never know which colors to put on and just kinda guess!

o.o I may be blind, but I don't see what face the Heracross is supposed to represent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    ... lol, I still haven't done anything about that Lickitung. I knew this would happen.

Haha, I saw these on LJ and laughed my butt off. Nice work, Ray.
    Not really the reaction I was going for, but I'm glad you liked them, haha :P
    :o I like 'em alot!
    Everyone has already said stuff about the tongue so we leave that out.
    x3 You do so well on the outlines, I never know which colors to put on and just kinda guess!

o.o I may be blind, but I don't see what face the Heracross is supposed to represent.

Well the outlines are lighter where the light source hits and get darker as you progress away from it. Just think of it as shading along the lines, if you get what I mean.

This one, roffle:
    Ray has been bored

Anyway, just something I started tonight, and still haven't finished it. Thoughts?

Ray has been bored

And someone please make sure I get back to this, haha.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    They're cute, and well-made, and everything. I just usually prefer larger pieces. They would look great in a comic or as signature buttons, though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    nice sprites, but (even though ur a way better spriter than me) u should widen the part where spinda's ears connects to its body.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • So what exactly is this project?
    Looks like a mechanical Ratata... Very nice it is indeed! Nearly flawless edit of the head and I can't find anything wrong.
    Keep it up!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ray...are you starting a Terminator: Pokemon Chronicles?

At least that's what roboratata suggests ^_^

Anyhow, it looks great (as well as a bit creepy...in a gnaw your fingers off while your sleeping kinda way). it has great shading, form, and outlining...as far as i know... anyhow, it looks great...

Nice to see you posting stuff... by the way, dont forget about that smiling snowbank pic... it's a bit odd, and i'm not sure if i see where you're going, or if it's a inside joke, or if i am just blind, but i dont get it... i'm probably overanalyzing the whole thing...so im not even going to ask what it's supposed to be, i'll just go along with it... anyhow, it needs some more color and shaddow for the eskamo, and the face just seems odd and misplaced...it does not match the nice smooth blend of the rest of pic... it is really "hard" compared to the rest...i think because of the outlining done it strait black... kinda the same problem i'm having with that chickadee pic i entered for the december contest...

To sum it up... finish coloring the eskamo, and try to blend the face into the background better...

Keep Spriting!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    8D Ray-Ray!
    (long time, no speak~ :3)
    XD that winter scene reminds me of that bit in my neighbour Totoro XD' except fewer peoepl and more snow XD'

that is an epic grin. <3~

ROBOT!Ratata is making me have love. seriously. that is SWEET. :O rockin' my sockin's as always with your pixels~

Mudkip... Smilies.... *eyetwitch* ah whatever. theyre still way cool :p!
    i would say they were an eeensy bit too small to see any of the detail in the (awesome, by the by) expressions. its an awesome idea, excellentlly executed, regardless~ :3
    >:O! JYNX USSED FLASH. EVERYONES EYES BURNED OUT!
    no no no. that jynx emote is veeery nice! *loves that its winking liek that ahah*
    *gasp* and whismurr! WHHHIIISmuur. <3~ thats an adoreable emote! if i was around here more often i would so COIN it!<3~~~~~

Keep up the super-awesome work Ray-Ray!
    NyappyOUT!
    Rana~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back