• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rayquaza or Mewtwo?

Rayquaza or Mewtwo?

• Rayquaza

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • In terms, Rayquaza would win. Look at it, folks. Rayquaza has Crunch, massive Att. and, Mewtwo doesn't exactly have the best Def. +2 DDs and you have a massive mess.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • In terms, Rayquaza would win. Look at it, folks. Rayquaza has Crunch, massive Att. and, Mewtwo doesn't exactly have the best Def. +2 DDs and you have a massive mess.

Only Mewtwo has Ice Beam(which has more power than Crunch) and it has higher Sp.Att and Speed. So Mewtwo would win before Rayquaza could even use one DD.

Also based on the anime Rayquaza just doesn't have the intellect to beat Mewtwo like a lot of other Legendaries.

Years
  • Mewtwo all the way.
    Gamewise, Ice Beam would decimate.
    Animewise, Mewtwo wouldnt go with that move, probably doesnt know how to. The extent of his power isnt really delved into too greatly. We sort of dont really know what Mewtwo would be completely capable of.
    In saying that though, his intelligence would see him through, BUT it would be a much harder fought battle.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Well in my opinion I believe that Rayquaza would win. Not because of the obvious reasons you stated, but because Mewtwo's strength is all derived from Special Attack but his Speed is average. Rayquaza has high Attack and Speed, making his moves almost always come first. This also allows him to use a broader range of moves that would be "Strong" where Mewtwo could only use Psychic moves. Also take into consideration that statistically speaking Dragon is the best type in it's many strengths and very few weaknesses. It only has 2 types that can strongly effect it. So in the end I agree with you.

LMFAO that should be the PokeCommunity quote of 2010!

You do know Mewtwo is in the top 3 fastest Pokemon from 1-493?

And Dragon "has many strengths"? Do a bit of research before you make yourself look like a buffoon. It is only good against other Dragons (1 strength) and is weak to Ice and Rock, both of which are quite common types.

Years
  • I believe Rayquaza is also part flying as well yes?
    Mewtwo can learn Thunder/Thunderbolt/Shockwave.
    Apart from IceBeam, those electric moves would do more damage than a psychic attack on a dragon.
    There is NO way that Mewtwo would not decimate that battle.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • I believe Rayquaza is also part flying as well yes?
    Mewtwo can learn Thunder/Thunderbolt/Shockwave.
    Apart from IceBeam, those electric moves would do more damage than a psychic attack on a dragon.
    There is NO way that Mewtwo would not decimate that battle.

Erm...Dragon Is Resistant To Electric

People Say Not Many Pokes Can Stand Up To Mewtwo.Regirock Can.2nd Highest Defense,May Move Last BUT In Anime (Pillars Of Friendship) It DIDN'T HAVE TO RECHARGE HYPER BEAM (Regirock!Hyper Beam!Hyper Beam Again!And Again!And Again!One More Time!)

Years
  • Yeah but with the flying type included it would do normal damage.
    And in my mind seems like it would do more damage than a psychic attack would.
    Ive never tried it to find out, but maybe.
    It wouldnt matter. Icebeam would win it regardless.

As far as Regirock goes, its possible for Mewtwo to be taught Water Pulse, granted its not the strongest water attack there is, but it would easily be enough to take down Regirock fairly convincingly.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    In terms of a battle, I'd say Mewtwo, it can learn Ice type attacks.

In terms of looks and overall, Rayquaza is pimp.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • gamewise mewtwo would icebeam that sucka'
    animewise mewtwo would use his intelligence combined with clone army to destroy rayquaza

Back