• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Re-Watchers?!

Years
  • Who else is re-watching / picking up the series again? I was a fan when I was a kid. Made it to around the middle of season 7 and stopped watching. Picked it up again from season 1 and now I'm almost done Season 8. I'm not excited for the voices to change!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Been in a constant state of re-watching episodes since I downloaded the PokemonTV app on my Kindle Fire years ago, and now my iPad since two Christmases ago.

Been watching the Johto series. The 6 on 6 battles were incredible. Shame we don't get that quality these days.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Re-watcher? Nope. I've been watching since about season ten, and haven't stopped since I've started. I'm still an avid watcher, rather than a re-watcher, unless you count all the times I caught the older series on Boomerang! Suppose I'm a little of both, then~.

Years
  • I'm so old. like I said, I watched regularly from season 1 - middle of season 7 when it first aired in Canada/USA. I'm scared for the newer stuff. Cartoons just aren't like they used to make them anymore.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm so old. like I said, I watched regularly from season 1 - middle of season 7 when it first aired in Canada/USA. I'm scared for the newer stuff. Cartoons just aren't like they used to make them anymore.

Don't be scared of the newer stuff. Especially with XY which is an amazing series with even fillers being enjoyable and the first ever pokemon series I have not been able to wait for a new episode.

Seasons 10 - 13 are probably the second best seasons. I really hated Kanto and Johto arcs compared to every season. Even Unova was better than Kanto and Johto to me and I have watched since the start of Pokemon in USA.

As for your question. Last year I rewatched all of Hoenn and Battle Frontier and I am still currently rewatching the Sinnoh Saga, which I have taken a break from to watch other animes and to read the manga in my spare time.

Sinnoh saga, I was always busy when it was on. Not to mention they showed 10 episodes a week for a few months and suddenly change the time without notification. And then I was always busy on Saturday mornings. I used to hate the Sinnoh Saga, but after rewatching it, it is one of the best sagas, behind Kalos, follow by Hoenn and Unova.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    How can someone call Unova better than Kanto? I can understand, though I would disagree even with that, if someone cosiders Johto worse than Unova, but Kanto? I don't really get that.

But back to topic. I am not real anime rewatcher, since I know I wouldn't have time to rewatch every episode, but from time to time, I will see episode I want to remind for one reason or another. Right now, however, I am in a middle of rewatching the movies. Whenever I have some time and nothing better to do, I will watch a Pokémon movie. I just rewatched movie 4 yesterday.

Years
  • I like to binge watch things. I'll be done with Season 8 today! So far I'm liking the concept of battle frontier, but I don't know how Ash is going to defeat these Brain people with the team he has right now. Charizard was great to have for his battle against Articuno, but I don't think his other Pokemon would be able to do it.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I suppose I am a re-watcher. I started from the beginning until sometime in either late Hoenn/early Sinnoh when I was regularly watching the series. Then the great hiatus came but finally I rediscovered my love for the series and have fully caught up and been watching ever since. The Battle Frontier was pretty cool, but my favorite battles were definitely in Sinnoh and Kalos is doing a good job as well

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I re-watch the older stuff from my childhood (Kanto, Johto, a few movies because those are easy to watch) from time to time, to see how it holds up. Usually, it doesn't very well. But it's still entertaining, and sadly even I am not immune to the effects of nostalgia.

Years
  • I used to watch the series when it first aired from Kanto to Sinnoh. After that I just didn't really watch it anymore. Not because I didn't want to, but it just never happened. When I was living with my parents back in NY last year my brother would watch it in the mornings sometimes on Cartoon Network and I'd watch it with him too. I always liked what I saw but knew that the old stuff was way better. My brother thinks so too as he has gone back and watched the seasons he missed before since he was born during Gen 2.

Those mornings were nice though watching with my brother because it's like old fan and new fan just enjoying it for what it is instead of always hearing people be so critical of anything that isn't the way it used to be.

Back