• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen READ -Glitch or Bug? Exclusive exploration!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    I recently downloaded a GBC emulator + Pokemon Blue on my iPod touch (gb4iPhone). And as I was using this cheat:

wiki.answers. -
    com/Q/How_do_you_beat_Pokemon_league_on_Pokemon_blue

(put the link parts together because I must do 15 threads before I can post links... :S)

to level up my Pokemon crew, I met & catched a Squirtle Lvl 160 while surfing on blastoise were the link describes. Yes; Lvl 160! I also had it in the bank and I was able to use it. It did neither corrupt any save file.
    Unfortunally I couldn't upload the screenshot I took with the iPod touch, due I am on my iPod touch writing right NOW, but I hope you guys still take me seriousely.
    By the way; I found the Squirtle the SECOND time I was out, searching for the glitch pokemon. I acctually used all my "unlimited" rare candies. Right after finding the Squirtle i found mr D, and 150 more rare candies to me! :)

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • You should've tried to get Missingno. with that glitch.

By the way, glad to see I'm not the only one using Emulators on my iPod Touch.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    That guy to be honest.
    Hasn't told you how to do the league. He has told you how to glitch the game to make it easier and less enjoyable.
    The thing you have read is the Missing.no Glitch which explains the Lv 160 pokemon.
    The level in my knowledge goes up to 255 (the max number for various data in most games) this glitch sometimes isn't wise to use though. Sometime it may corrupt your data and then you'll have to start again.
    So, be warned if your going to continue with this glitch

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    I've, uh, been glitching for 12 years and have never managed to corrupt my save data with the Missingno glitch.

Having 'M in your box can do it, but with the simple precaution of not letting that happen or evolving it into a Kangaskhan, there's absolutely no danger of data corruption with the Missingno Glitch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Hey :) thx for a great reply! Just a few thoughts...
    I am not that afraid of corrupted files:
    One because the iPod touch emulator has an extern saving system not combined with the game making me able to save at ANY time, and Get back exactly where i quitt. So teoretically the game thinks I never left. Whatsoever I've played pokemon for 3 days now, lifetime! And I love pokemon :) I've READ about the glitch later tho.. But one thing got corrupted: when trying to watch the hall of fame list its crappy.. But i can live with it. Please just keep in mind that i did not search for this hack, but for a list over the pokemons i met in the league, to see the levels mostly. And I wish I didn't find this glitch cause its hard not to use. :s Nice website :)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • That guy to be honest.
    Hasn't told you how to do the league. He has told you how to glitch the game to make it easier and less enjoyable.
    The thing you have read is the Missing.no Glitch which explains the Lv 160 pokemon.
    The level in my knowledge goes up to 255 (the max number for various data in most games) this glitch sometimes isn't wise to use though. Sometime it may corrupt your data and then you'll have to start again.
    So, be warned if your going to continue with this glitch

Incorrect. Countless research has been done on Missingno. and it's variants and the only time it has corrupted a game beyond repair was when you start trying to catch it's brother [glitch] 'M [glitch]. Missingno. itself is merely a placeholder and doesn't muck your save at all. The only damage it does is screw up your Hall of Fame, but who really looks at that?

Also, about the 255 thing, the reason for this is because the maximum amount a one byte integer that is unsigned can hold is 255 before it wraps around to 0 again (if it is signed, that means it can take minus numbers, the maximum it can hold is 127 before it wraps around to -128). One byte integer is made up of 8 bits, this is sometimes the reason why it is called 8 bit gaming (but most commonly it's called 8 bit gaming because a gameboy's CPU is an 8 bit CPU).

Back