• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

READ THIS IF YOU ARE A COOL KID

Sirfetch’d

We were in the science lab once and I got dared to draw a penis on one of the balloons being used for an experiment so it would grow when the balloon was blowing up. I thought i was pretty cool doing that but the teacher didn't agree :/ lol

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Luckily I avoided a lot of dumb things my friends fell into. Unfortunately the dumb things I did find myself doing are not things I care to share. ;)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Back in Colorado I ran in front of an oncoming freight train. I will never ever do that again, not so much for my safety but for my respiratory system and heart... I had such a pain there walking home, I just had to sit on my bed and wait for it to subside. Phew.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm on a pokemon forum. Why do I even need to proof my coolness?

I never really got pushed into things. Probably because I didn't care about people on elementary, and all my friends now are not doing crazy things and because of it, don't push me into it.

Years
  • I remember when my hat was blown off my head and landed in lots of oncoming traffic at a busy city intersection. Given my mother always fears for my safety you could tell I was taking a huge risk to save that hat, but since then I now feel more sensitive when I go near a high-traffic area, because my mother will yell at me badly if I take risks again.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • *joins the I bleached my hair as a teenager club*
    My whole junior year was me trying to fit into the emo/scene kid crowd and so one thing I did to make me more "scene" was bleached my hair. And I used actual bleach and not a bleaching product cause I was broke and stupid. I'm sure I lost a few brain cells cause of that....

Years
  • I do dumb things as an adult. I last minute merged in front of a tram from a disappearing lane because apparently that day I had a death wish. I will never do anything of the sort again.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Right okay so when I first started wearing a bra when I was like 10, I'd notice sometimes other girls' straps would be kind of out. And I mean like when you're my age now, you notice that a lot quicker than you would have back when you first start wearing them cause I mean you're not used to them right???? So anyway I didn't realize that that happened to them by accident and I thought they were doing it on purpose and so I thought it was like a fashion statement. SO I slid mine like to the edge of my shoulder and left it there ALL DAY thinking I looked so cool!!! So after school, I'm chillin at home probably playing Pokemon or some shit idk and my mom was home having some little get together with her friends and I was like omg I'm gonna show mom and her friends how COOL I AM!!!!

So I walk into the living room with my bra strap like literally as far down it could go so it's like sitting above my elbow and I walk in there and I'm like "HEEEEY MOM" trynna be COOL N SHIT and she was like OMG GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM AND PUT YOUR BRA STRAP UP YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HIDE IT

i was an idiot

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    I put laxatives in cookies and passed the cookies out during supervised study.

Years
  • I still do dumb things, nearly daily. As some people have said before me, my life is basically a big ball of dumb things. A lot of which probably aren't suitable for this site.

Oh but when I was young there was this steep foresty hill behind my house and there was a small rocky trail my friend and I decided we should ride our bikes down it. Now, the entire forest floor was COVERED in poison oak.

I tied a skateboard from a tree branch and jumped off the branch on the board trying to be like the main character from Treasure Planet.

^^basically this over and over again in slightly different ways.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    clicking on this thread
    i used to think i was hot shit with my aeropostale and justice clothes and my ponytail on the side of my head.. i was wrong. i used to play dumb. it was really odd that people would actually believe i was stupid, i had straight A's. the middle school me was a mess.

omf i just remembered i used to sell gum on the bus and i would do the worm at every chance i got. i feel so bad for everyone who was my friend then

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Hmmmm. Copious amounts of heavy and frequent binge drinking/drug smoking/tobacco use. What can I say, when you live in a small town there isn't a whole lot you can do... That being said, I don't wish to be STUCK in this crappy small town so I've since decided that to get away from this town I should first stop emulating the lifestyle that this town promotes lest I want to forever want to be stuck here. I didn't really do it exactly to be "cool" but rather just because it was the "thing to do." I've since elected to stay home and play video games/work/visit online forums for the majority of my free time while only occasionally indulging in the use of alcohol. That being said, the tobacco use thing has kind of stuck with me so that's a bummer. I guess my advice is that if you don't use tobacco now, then you shouldn't ever. It's nothing really that glamorous and if you try it and like it, trust me on this: You will spend the rest of forever chasing the dragon, so to speak. It's really like that with all drugs I'd say. The first time is usually the best time, although I'd say that applies a lesser extent to alcohol. I won't have as much enjoyment just from drinking it as when I first started, but... I still manage to have great amounts of fun depending on who I'm with and what we're doing. That is, playing games, camping, etc as opposed to just sitting in a circle and passing around a bottle. The former tends to be exciting, even if it is just silly little games. I like it because I'm pretty quite and keep to myself until after a few shots. Then I really lose all sense of dignity, to be put it in a more honest light :(

Apart from that, I often dump money into things that sound exciting and/or friends are into without actually trying it out and seeing how much I like it and then it turns to be pretty lame, not what I expected, short lived etc so I essentially just wasted that money. Not really something "stupid" per se, but it's stupid in the idea that I would just spend all my money on something I never fully checked out to see if I would enjoy. The prime example I can think of is airsoft. While the idea of it is cool and I think I'd have fun with the right group of people, it's certainly not fun playing with people who've spent hundreds of dollars to get way better equipment than I have. I'd have much more fun in a back yard setting with a few friends than I would at the airsoft course that we play out since it is quite literally all grown men who have been doing this for years and have, as I said, dumped hundreds to thousands of dollars into their guns, vests, camo, masks etc. They have weapons that will shoot me from a range that I can't even see them at if I didn't know where to look. Not really fun when mine won't even make it half the distance of theirs :/

Other than, the next best example I can think of is one time my cousin and his friend convinced me to sneak out when I was like 12-13 to go hang out with this one dude who was going to get them high. I went along mostly because they goaded me with insults and things of the like but also because I was curious about getting high. Suffice to say, I didn't try smoking weed out at that time because they wanted me to smoke out of a homemade pipe from a pen tube and some aluminum foil. I can easily say I've never been that desperate in my life. Well, we padded the beds to have the illusion of someone sleeping there and snuck out into the night. They got high, we walked around in the middle of the night and were probably gone for an hour or two. We came back, and there were cops and our parents(we were at our grandma's) and all that other nonsense. Not a fun experience at all.

It would also be these same people that would convince me to do silly little things like shop lift and vandalize property. To expand on the last one, we were exploring this field next to one of our homes and we found a vacant trailer house/home. We picked up some of the piping around and smashed out the windows, slashed the tires and just generally beat the crap out of the damn thing. We stabbed holes in the ventilation, through the sides of the of the walls. Went inside and ransacked the place. Ripped cupboards off, yanked out drawers, cut up the furniture and smashed just about anything breakable inside that we could find. Hell, even things that weren't breakable we were convinced to find a way to break or abuse them in some meaningful manner. After all of that, we went to one side and began to rock it back and forth until we had enough momentum to push it onto its side. Someway or another they found out some of the kids who had it did and tried to get them in trouble for it, but lacking actual proof it quickly subsided and thankfully my name was never brought up on the subject. It was also at this same house that we stood on the balcony that over looked the street and egged cars. And threw other stuff at them. Like pudding cups filled with ketchup and mustard and eggs and whatever else we could find that would make a mess. THAT, however, promptly came to an end when my cousin threw one such filth bomb and it had managed to hit a sheriff car. Needless to say, he was not happy and since it was the only house with a balcony, he could easily tell where it came from.

Yeah, I've done some pretty stupid over the years. There is definitely a lot more than this, but it's what I can think of off the top of my head! I've since calmed down and began to take things more seriously.

Back