• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Life (Not really)

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
  • Alright So this is gonna sound noobish but what if there were someway to make a virtual reality pokemon world, and I don't mean like crap virtual worlds I mean like you can give more of an answer than yes or no. Assuming that it could be so realistic right down to the grabbing a Pokeball and throwing it, would you think it would be ethical?

Before all of you answer yes take this into consideration.

I dont need to tell all of you that Pokemon is an addicting game. All of you would probably play for 20 hours straight if you really wanted to. With the age span of Pokemon being so wide and the addictiveness do you really think it would be ethical for something like that to take place?

Now personally I do but only if there was some timer or something that automatically turns it off and saves after like 2 and a Half hours of gameplay.

On a similar topic would you like a Runescape like Pokemon game? Not in the literal sense but like have it to where you can play online and with more than just a top down perspective.

Anyways I hope none of you think Im a noob for asking this.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If anyone else thought about Virtual Boy when they read this, you get cool points.

Anyway, I don't think I'd play it. I don't want headaches...eh.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • If anyone else thought about Virtual Boy when they read this, you get cool points.

Anyway, I don't think I'd play it. I don't want headaches...eh.

I did.

But to answer the OP, I dont think it would sell very well, it would be expensive to make and i could see it causing problems, "Oops, sorry mom, I didn't see the vase" or just looking ridiculous throwing an imaginary pokeball.

KopaKura

Soul searcher
    Years
  • I'd play it for sure, you wouldn't be able to get me off that thing, I get addicted to games very easily.

I do agree that there should be some kind of timer, maybe longer than 2 and a half hours, but still, and as for the breaking things problem, well, isn't that similar to the Wii? Except you can actually see with the Wii. You'd just have to be careful where to play it, or in a futuristic world, maybe have a room set aside just for that, along with props needed and padded walls to prevent hurting yourself.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Well my idea when writing this was that there would be a portal of some sort. A literal virtual world. You walk into a small metal door and into a small room where your motion would be kept at a "standstill" if you will to where you could move and run, but the room would keep you in place.

As for the Virtual boy, I may sound noobish but... uh... what is it?

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012

That will be released in the near future, they are already working on it...

and sony is working on a similar project called eye pet and another one, I forget the name but its awesome

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Um, two words: Project NATAL. It's for the X-Box 360 (Actually its a fully upgraded version) and it is completely controller-free and is fully motion-senser based. So, if Game Freak REALLY wanted to, they could make a Pokemon game for the X-Box when NATAL comes out. However, that's unlikely since Game Freak's been with Nintendo for too long.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Um, two words: Project NATAL. It's for the X-Box 360 (Actually its a fully upgraded version) and it is completely controller-free and is fully motion-senser based. So, if Game Freak REALLY wanted to, they could make a Pokemon game for the X-Box when NATAL comes out. However, that's unlikely since Game Freak's been with Nintendo for too long.
    I think Nintendo owns Game Freak.
    Unless Microsoft buy it, like they did with Rare.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Um, two words: Project NATAL. It's for the X-Box 360 (Actually its a fully upgraded version) and it is completely controller-free and is fully motion-senser based. So, if Game Freak REALLY wanted to, they could make a Pokemon game for the X-Box when NATAL comes out. However, that's unlikely since Game Freak's been with Nintendo for too long.
    **** NATAL, **** it, Eye Pet and There will be more of those types of games with Motion Control and 3D

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • You walk into a small metal door and into a small room where your motion would be kept at a "standstill" if you will to where you could move and run, but the room would keep you in place.

That would be a holodeck. Except that we can't project holograms like they do in shows like Star Trek yet, so you'd probably still be wearing a VR helmet.

I would so play that, but by the time it becomes publicly available I don't know If I'll still be interested in pokemon, plus the cost would be horrendous.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • I play World of Warcraft already. I'd LOVE for Pokemon to exist in a manner similar to that. Different cities to explore fully, NPCs to battle and random pokemon fights in the wild, where you might actually see pokemon in their natural habitats... PVP-style battles with duels, cooperative 2v2 fights. I remember enjoying the Orre-region games so much just because of the 3D RPG style.

Dammit. POKEMON MMO PLEASE.

Back