• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Life Pokemon: Great Idea or Nightmare?

highguy1

Chimchar Enthusiast
Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    While I was talking to some friends today about pokemon, the subject came up: What if pokemon really existed? Would it really be as awesome as in game? In my opinion, it's easy to say yes now, but imagine a giant yellow rat the size of the average school backpack following you, and shooting out lightning wherever you went.

Just some food for thought. Please post your opinion.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I see what you're saying. 10 year olds running around with pokemon may not be such an ideal fantasy as you'd expect. I'm pretty sure everyone, not just kids would abuse their powers.

Last edited:

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • Well ofcorse there would be people using their pokemon for bad. (Like team rocket) But there will always be those who use them for good and to protect the innocent. (Like the cops or the heroes like Ash, Dawn, etc.)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I see what you're saying. 10 years old running around with pokemon may not be such an ideal fantasy as you'd expect. I'm pretty sure everyone, not just kids would abuse their powers.

^ This puts me off the idea of having Pocket Monsters running around in real life as in the cartoons etc.

Still, it'd be pretty awesome to be able to have a giant bird fly you places, or using giant fishes/turtles for surfing. I also like the idea of battling and earning badges.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I've always thought pokemon in real life would be pretty sweet lol

I mean I'd have a distinct 6 pokemon and would stick to them. As for the partner It'd be a scizor who never left my side :p

I've also liked the thought of actual strategies. Like I've always thought double teaming till you have a mass amount of copies then using agility at the same time and combo'ing in an attack would make it impossible to tell the direction of the attack... but i'm just msuing.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
  • I think it would be really cool, and I'd love to keep some Pokemon of my own around! Though, imagine trying to keep something like Charizard in your house... might not work out too good.

Put Pokemon like Raichu, Eevee, Persian, etc, would be okay to have at home. I would love to groom an Eevee's fur, or share an apple with Pikachu. :3

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Sure, it'd be cool. But uh, sorry kids. We'd definitely have to raise the bar on when you were allowed to train. You could have one as a pet only, but you couldn't train til you were 18. Otherwise, why not? I'd roll with Pokemon if they were real.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I think it'd be awesome if they were real!

I agree though,having 10 year olds running about the place would be mad. I'd say they should be at least 12 to be a trainer. :P

*Would have Flareon as her partner*

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Would have Breloom not matter what! *hugs Breloom on PBR and Diamond game* I would never leave it!

It would be awesome! I would love to have a large team to look after and take around the world! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Ok here's my opinion.
    This is kind of like how in the U.S. different states are thinking about lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18. If this is passed, it'll be a little chaotic, 18-20 yr olds abusing their new found privilege. But in places like Germany, there is no drinking age, and therefore, it is abused less by a substantial amount.
    I believe if Pokemon were real, we'd all be so used to it, there wouldn't be that much abuse. Of course criminals would and miscellaneous others, but still. And like FlaconJoker said, I think the age would be brought up to at least 16. I think this, because at the age of 16 in the U.S., you can legally emancipate yourself (separate yourself from your parents and live on your own). So, I think if your old enough to live on your own, your deifantly old enough to go on a Pokemon journey of sorts.

Andd, that's my opinion ^^;

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • wow, some well thought out opinions on the matter

It would be an awesome idea, but the consequences of people being naturally stupid, I think there'd be a lot of disasters more often. Can you imagine a Rhyperior using stab EQ in Los Angeles?. If that isn't asking for a state-wide disaster then i dunno what it is.

Years
  • It'd be nice if you don't give it much thought, but when you do, it gets scary. Like the person above me said, a Rhyperior's Earthquake or a Gyarados's Hyper Beam would be pretty scary, deadly and dangerous.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I don't know, I think there would even be benefits with having 10 year olds being able to become trainers. When you're forced to take care of yourself you often end up gaining at least a little maturity.

On a side note there would be less gang violence because they'd probably just battle pokemon, I mean even if there was Officer Jenny would just break it up. And honestly who could say no to that? If there was graffiti you could just have Horsea spray it off with Water Gun.

Cats would for once have a bigger purpose than just being adorable, dogs wouldn't just bark at intruders they'd use Ember.

There wouldn't be so many droughts because Water Pokemon can give you an endless supply of water.

Those are just some thoughts.

It sounds strange to us now, but if you grew up with it you wouldn't know any different.

HaZard2k8

I Leik Mudkipz! =D
    Years
  • wow, some well thought out opinions on the matter

It would be an awesome idea, but the consequences of people being naturally stupid, I think there'd be a lot of disasters more often. Can you imagine a Rhyperior using stab EQ in Los Angeles?. If that isn't asking for a state-wide disaster then i dunno what it is.

lol. If there was real life Pokemon I would make sure I'd be the first to do that =D. Now if only my lvl 100 Rhyperior was real =(.

I think it was be a good idea at first. You get to be a trainer at 10. Drop out of school (lol?) and go on some journey and just do battles for $$$$ instead of getting a real job. That'd be the life.

The nightmare of it, would be getting chased off a cliff by a Zapdos or some other legendary Pokemon =/.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • As our world is now, I think it would be...difficult. Dunno, I'd say training allowed with 14 or so...You could say everyone has to do a test to get the licence. This would be the test to prove if one's ready, right?
    The troublesome is that school is obviously more important in our would than in the Pokemon world.
    However I think it would be cool. Okay, we wouldn't have Pokeballs (since I think they would be difficult to invent...no apricocos to start with)
    Maybe our nature would chance, because Pokemon would fill the ecological niches of the animals...we would have to think about the question if people eat Pokemon again...on the other hand, human couldn't desttroy the nature so much (deforest etc) because who would dare to intrude a forest with dangerous...bedrills or whatever could live in it...they couldn't work there.
    Also, I'm sure organisations like...greenpeace or something wouldn't like us to use Pokemon for fighting.
    By the way:
    But in places like Germany, there is no drinking age, and therefore, it is abused less by a substantial amount.
    The drinking age here in germany is 18 and it's pretty much abused... and so would be Pokemon. But if everyone (or almost everyone) would have one, it would turn out to be balanced...maybe.
    However, as long as I could have a Chimecho, I'm fine with everything :D

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Rather than pokemon coming to us, I'd prefer to go to the world of Pokemon as portrayed in the anime. Becaus we know that that works, somehow. People there don't see something as how deadly it is, but rather as how awesomely cool it is :O

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Rather than pokemon coming to us, I'd prefer to go to the world of Pokemon as portrayed in the anime. Becaus we know that that works, somehow. People there don't see something as how deadly it is, but rather as how awesomely cool it is :O

yes, because uberchu hits ground types and OHKO them. who wouldn't want that xD

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Team Rocket with Pokemon is minor. Al Qaeda with Pokemon is a nightmare.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Worst idea ever, I don't wanna walk through my front lawn and get attacked by a Beedrill the size of a Great Dane; I'd die. or see a dinosaur flying where would they use the bathroom at ? All over my house I got Zubat in my attic, Persians, Meowth, Skitty, Delcatty, those other cat pokemon begging for food. Growlithe, Arcanine, Houndour, Houndoom, Poochyena, Mightyena, running around with rabies. How bout combustionable chickens and monkeys kicking my ass left and right, don't forget about the mini van sized turtles walking around.

As you can see I'm strongly against it. =]

Back