• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Life + Real Pokemon = One Real Adventure! *Sign Ups*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I posted this ages ago in the discussion thread but I never made an RPG out of it. I am now doing it so enjoy!

In this world (hereby after reffered to as the animal world) pokemon are naught but a fictional idea, created to entertain the minds of the youth. It comes in many forms like trading cards, TV shows, video games, etc. But what if they exist for real in another world. An impossibility that could occur if this were the case would be the merging of the two worlds, the lines that kept them seperate became blurred and unnoticable. What if roles were reversed and pokemon became inhabitants of the animal world and animals were plunged into the pokemon world? How would people react? What would people do? Would pokemon be embraced and loved like pets or shunned aside like wild beasts? Would the humans of the animal world allow another thinking species on the planet, would they allow smarter life-forms to co-exist with them?
    These questions cannot be answered in theory or by specualtion, only by the actual happenings of the events. This is something that needs to be looked at in further detail.

-extract from the diary of Ytnim, December 7, 2004.

The date is June 4, 2005. The 'Ytnim' that wrote the above text is missing and no-one has any idea of where he or she is or might be. His diary was posted encryted on the internet and as of yet this is the only part decoded. It was written only 2 months before the 'shift' happened. The shift, as it has been commonly referred to, is an event that we have no real information about.

What we do have is information on what it has caused. Early reports of the shift's effects are sketchy and at the time most of it was ignored but this is what has been scraped together. First all the animals except humans vanished from the face of the earth. Completely gone without a trace of what has happened to them. They have been replaced by creatures that are much like animals but are known to some as 'pokemon'. They are a fantastical idea created for the enjoyment of children in the forms of trading cards and TV shows. But now they are in fact real living creatures and they are populating the planet earth.

Now they are the most significant change the shift has caused but not the only change. In almost all towns and cities strange buildings have popped up. They are normal enough to look at and according to the signs on their walls they are called 'Pokemon Centers'. Inside they are much like a hospital but filled with equipment that has now been shown to be for the healing of these so called pokemon. One or two people in each town have miraculously gained the information to run the machines inside the Pokemon Centers.

Also items that did not previously exist have been appearing in shops and the owners have been selling them. The items are all very different but all seem to be for the use of pokemon. They appear to be made using technology more advanced than our own.

Now the people who knew about pokemon as a fictional idea and what to do with them bought some of the new items, specifially the spherical ones called 'pokeballs', and using them they captured some pokemon. We have gotten all available sources on pokemon and are having them researched now.

Using the pokemon contained in these pokeballs people used the pokemon to fight each other and make their pokemon stronger, some of them changing forms in rapid evolution. People who had the strongest pokemon opened facilities called 'Pokemon Gyms'. These are places where people come to battle their pokemon to make them stronger. The best battler stays in the gym and travellers challenge him or her to battles for a symbol they have defeated a strong trainer, usually a badge.

We have seen the potential danger in these gyms and have had them all closed. Furthermore, we see all pokemon as a threat to our existance and therefore, need to be eradicated. We urge for this to be passed.

-Top Secret Document written to the Prime Minister of Australia

Ok your characters will know all of that mentioned above except for the part about eradicating all pokemon. Your characters also know that the gyms were closed but then started working underground. (Underground as in secret, not underground as in under the ground in a hole)

You are a new trainer aged 15-18 that is about to recieve your first pokemon from Professor Minty. (If you notice something keep it to yourself) He has a wide array of pokemon to choose from but alot of rare pokemon he doesn't have so don't go choosing really rare pokemon. You are going to go around beating the underground gyms (there is no elite four.... not yet any way) but you may get side tracked. A lot of the people that are involved in pokemon will be quite young as alot of the older people didn't get into pokemon. The 'Professor' isn't actually a recongised professor but he does have an extensive knowledge of pokemon and he is 20 years old.

Here's the sign up stuff. There is limited spaces for this RPG but only the people I accept will get in, not necessarily the first people to post their characters. When I post my character I will not allow any sign ups after that time.

Name:
    Physical Description:
    Personality:
    Pokemon Starter: No legendaries and rare pokemon, no two people can have the same starter except on a few occasions, eg Eevee.
    History: Just tell me a bit of what your character has done up until the shift

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Name: Max Hunter
    Physical Description: blue eyes , black hair with anime hairstyle, black clothes including gloves
    Personality: brave, funny, friendly
    Starter Pokemon: Pikachu
    History: A normal guy living his life, until the shift

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
    Years
  • Name: Aurora Frederick
    Physical Description: She has red shoulder length hair and one green eye and one blue eye. She wears a green top with blue and green pants. She is fairly tall.
    Personality: She is rather bright and pretty social. She likes exploring new places and can be bit of a kid sometimes. She has a bad fear of heights though.
    Pokemon Starter: Charmander
    History: She ahd a fairly normal life. She went to school and got all A's through it. She had played the Pokemon games before and rather enjoyed them. Nothing else of mention really happened to her except she has always had strange dreams every night.

Last edited:

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: I've been waiting for this RP for a long time...

Name: Robert Price. (Goes by the name "Ivan" now)
    Physical Description: He has very dark brown hair, with hazel eyes. He stands aproxomately 6'6'' and has some muscle tone, but isn't exactly a bodybuilder. He wears a grey shirt and jeans, but you almost never see it, as he wears his black leather greatcoat in almost any weather.
    Personality: He's usually quiet, he prefers to let others tire themselves out before adding his say, whether it be in debate or in battle.
    Pokemon Starter: Horsea
    History: A typical teenager, though a bit "strange in the head" from being an outcast, he considers his old self no more, as Robert would never have the spine to go off on some adventure. He simply packed up from his home, and left without a word, hoping to obtain truly powerful pokemon, to help him reach his dream of an organized "league" of pokemon trainers, the best of the best.

OOC: This will be more like the anime than the games, right? EX: I don't have to trade a scyther with metal coat to someone else to make it a scizor, right?

Last edited:

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
  • Name:Kristofer Francom
    Physical Description:Black Hair , Brown Eyes , Goofy Lookin expression at times
    Personality:Ev0l and Sinister , But inside a very carin person :P well only to girls lol
    Pokemon Starter: A Ditto that usually morphs into the wrong pokemon when you tell it to transform

History: Left Home When he was 12 when one day he got home from skool and found a Skarmory (really a ditto) and tried to get it out of the room as he went to shoo it off it turned into a rattata and ran under the bed after some time trying to get it out . he got qite attached to it and the ditto has stayed with him the past 2 months years, Now is wondering around saffron city looking for rare pokemon.

Last edited:

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
  • Name: Paige
    Discription: long dark brown hair people think it's black deep brown eyes jeans fingerless gloves a black t shirt sneakers and a back pack has a jacket tied around her waist
    Personality: her personality varies who knows her real one?
    Pokemon Starter: Gastly
    History: she came from a loving family her dad was in the army so she travels alot now that he is retierd and looking for a job she gets to see him more, she could be called soical but she never really makes real friends she has always thought more like an adult and she hates it she wishes to be normal but loves to dream and her un-normalness no-one gets close to her heart she loved pokemon and it was a safty blanket for her................

Last edited:

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
  • Name: Solar
    Phsyical descriptions: long brown hair, sapphire eyes, blue shirt, red skirt, long white socks, white and blue shoes and silver watch on her right hand.
    Personality: Solar is very energetic and never loses her energy. She doesn't like people who gives up when their pokemon are captured.
    Pokemon: Bagon if not Eevee.
    History: Typical normal teen ager life really. But only unnormal thing is probably when she falls asleep at 9 pm. sharp.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok no more sign ups unless someone pulls out. Some of you need to adjust your sign ups a tad and then we can get started.

Max Hunter: Good. Short IMO but its fine.

Dragon Paw: Good. Short IMO but its fine.

Shineyelectrode: I like your character and I will take aspects from both the games and the anime but no 'trade' evolutions will be in this. So traded pokemon just evolve like a normal level up evolution, trade item pokemon just put the item on them for a while and they will evolve.

Kristofer: I think you need to read the plot again and adjust your history. Pokemon have only been in the real world for 4 months but your history says you have had a pokemon for 3 years.

paige pelletier: You need a description, personality and a history to be able to join. And you need to change your pokemon, Max Hunter already has a pikachu and I don't want two people having pokemon in the same evolution line.

espeon and umbreon: You need to read the plot and adjust your history accordingly. And a bagon is too rare, eevee is ok though.

Ok here's my sign up. I will also control Prof. Minty.

Name: Christopher Morris Miller

Physical Description: His hair is a dark blonde, light brown colour. It is usually held in place with hair product. His eyes are a light blue and seem to reflect everything. A brown T-shirt covers his muscular torso and on top of that is a brown jacket with two white stripes running down its arms. If the weather gets warm he rolls the jacket sleeves up to his elbows. His black jeans cover his legs and his shoes are brown street shoes.

Personality: He is a natural leader and seems to take control in every situation. He is helpful and friendly to everyone including complete strangers. He is very energetic and loves sport. He works out once a day to keep himself at peak physical condition. Has a tendancy to rush forward without thinking but it will always be for the good of someone else. His emotions can get the better of him and may do things that he regrets afterwards. He is willing to stick up for anyone and anything smaller or weaker than himself even when the odds are against himself. He is also a bit gullible and so can be confused easily.

Pokemon Starter: Taillow

History: Pretty much a normal school kid, played heaps of sport. He has never played pokemon before in his life but when they became real they somehow fasinated him.

I forgot to put in the first post that (if you didn't already know) this will take place in Australia. I will use real city/town names but you don't need a map or anything. Also time taken to travel will be shortened so we are not always travelling. We will start in the state of Tasmania (the little island under the Australian mainland) and work our way around.

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
  • (Woah, lovin' the details!)

Name: Burne Starcofski

Physical Description: Very tall and strong for his age, approximately 5' 2", he keeps in good shape, Emerald Green eyes, Slick black hair, A white T-shirt and baggy brown shorts, with white tennis shoes and Orange Plarized Sunglasses.

Personality: He hated the idea of sports, despite his body's natural abillity.

Pokemon Starter: Totodile

History: Ever since he was six years old, he yearned to escape from the reality he so much despised.

Years
  • OOC: I think everyone has made the appropriate adjustments and we are now ready to begin. Oh yeah Burn Starcofski you're in. We are in a city called Hobart but on the outskirts, the suburbs more than the real city. You are making your way to the Professor's "lab" (It's not much more than a big shed) for some reason or another. Later on our character's might get split up into smaller groups just to liven the RP up a bit. Any groups our characters are put in will be completely random, I'll be just pulling names out of a hat.

IC: Chris was puffing and panting as he jogged along the side of the road. It was kind of quiet as it was only about 6:30 in the morning and the sun was only just visible above the hills but there was enough light to see. Chris rounded a corner, checking his watch as he did. The watch was timing his daily run along with his heart beat. He was lagging a bit from yesterday so he picked up the pace slightly, his heart rate rising in accordance.

Chris came to stop outside of one of the houses on the road. Number 13 declared the letter box which was situated in front of a large white picket fence. Chris made his way up the drive-way which was on an upward slant and opened the front door quietly, slipping inside. He went to the kitchen and opened the door to the fridge, the light glaringly showing him the contents. Grabbing the water jug he fetched himself a glass from a cupboard and poured himself a glass. Skulling the first glass he poured another, this time he slowed down. Putting the jug back in the fridge, Chris retreated downstairs to where his bedroom was. He grabbed some clothes on the end of his bed and walked to the room next to his, a bathroom.

After finishing his shower, cleaning his teeth, etc, Chris went back upstairs and flopped down in front on the TV, watching the cartoons which were on. He wasn't particularly interested in them but he watched all the same. The show finished soon and the clock on the wall showed it was around a quarter to eight and so turning off the TV, Chris fixed himself some breakfast. It wasn't much, a couple of pieces of toast, a bowl of cereal and a milo but Chris never had much of an appetite. He took his food back to the couch and laying down, began to eat.

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
  • Paige woke up early her parents smiled and said their good byes Paige got to the lab and said "um.........Prof. I was wondering if you need any help since I will be getting my first pokemon I just wanted to make sure I earned it!"

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • ooooooooh, this looks like fun. I know you only said that a few people can play, so PM me if someone drops out!!

Dragon Paw

Lonely Fire Demon Dragon
    Years
  • I woke up at seven in the morning as I usually did. I stretched and then got out of my bed. I walked through my messy room and into a hall. I walked down the hall to the kitchen where I ate a nice breakfast of toast and cereal.

After that I checked the wall clock to confirm it was now half past seven. I got up and cleaned off my dishes and then wlaked down the same hal lagain until I came to a stairwell. I walked up the stairs to come to another hall. This one had two rooms brnaching off of it. I walked into the room on my left. I came into a room with a television. I turned it on to watch various cartoons I liked to pass the time.

It kept me occupied until eight. By then I decided I better get going. I walked out of the room and down the stairs and through my hall way to the final door and exited.

Burne Starcofski

The RPG Wanderer & Ghost
    Years
  • (Thanks for the late entry Ytnim! I owe ya one.)

A clock ticked, setting off the 7AM morning alarm. The person to hear it, however, was already up and about. He walked over and pushed the switch to "off".

Although I set the alarm, it's only for show. I realy like waking early to greet the rising, red sun of the Horizon. But my parents, liking to sleep in, said 7 at the earliest. But it was pretty to look at, I couldn't help myself.

As I walked towards the kitchen, the shades scattered the sunlight into parralel bars, casting stripes over the floor and walls. Slightly more humid than where I used to live, the air was thick and smelled like morning dew from the underbrush. Thankfully, moving didn't mean I had to give up what I liked. After buttering the toast I had placed in the old toaster, then adding my personal Cinamon-Sugar compound, I sat at the petite table with a glass of half-cold milk.

(Oops, I did three perspectives instead of one, sorry!)

Years
  • Chris finished his breakfast as his parents were just getting up. He left his stuff on the bench, not bothering to clean up. His parents staggered into the room but Chris just smiled.

"Morning sleepy heads!" he said cheerfully, his parents putting their hands to their ears.

"Not so loud please, I've got a splitting headache." his father groaned, falling into his chair.

"Serves you right for being out all night!" Chris said, not turning the volume down on his voice, just as cheerfully as before. "Anyway I'm going out, see you two later, if you don't go back to bed."

Chris left his home and walked down his street, whistling as he went. He didn't get very far before he heard a chirping noise in a tree beside him. Looking up he saw a big blue bird sitting in the branches. Chris realised this was a pokemon but he had no idea what its name was but he didn't care. He held out his arm for the flying pokemon to land on and to his suprise it did! It hopped along his arm until it sat squarely on his shoulder.

"Hey little fella', do you have a name?" Chris asked the taillow, not sure if it understood him or not.

It just chirped, it looked like it was smiling but wasn't since it didn't have a mouth, only a beak. In any case, it looked happy enough.

Chris had heard about a guy who knew heaps about pokemon and who lived nearby so he headed in that direction, maybe he could get some answers about this bird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back