• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Real Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Note - If this has been brought up in another thread, feel free to lock it or move it.

This is something that I remember was vaguely mentioned around the first time we got any true information about X & Y. Recent talk about if the 2nd protagonist will simply be a rival or whether it could be another player (the screenshot in the forest where a trainer looks like the female protagonist without her hat and glasses) suddenly reminded me about Real Play. Apparently it will make the games more lively with an innovative communication system and feel as if you are playing along with others around the world(everyone will be able to experience it).

There are numerous reports on it, so you can look around if you want to check other places but this one kind of singles it out more I guess you can say:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/new-pokemon-x-and-y-details-revealed

Maybe I'm not as up-to-date on this but I haven't seen much talk about it. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this might bring? Or has it been dropped or something?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Yeah, hearing other s bring up co-op reminded me of it as well. I'm guessing the game will download things while you're online to make offline play just as interesting. Some people think it could act similar to the plaza in Nintendo Land, where others will show up in your games.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Surprised nobody's had next to no thoughts on this; was it missed by most or something? Haha. Perhaps we'll hearmore about it during the e3 press or this month's CoroCoro?

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I hope this won't be considered gravedigging but I've been absent for a while pretty much. With the scoop of the century approaching maybe we'll finally have some light shed on this subject. Does anyone think the PSS will be involved somehow?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually they already shown the beginning parts to the gameplay in a way.

The hatless NPC Selena, is a rival. She's in the forest because you, her, Teirno, Trevor, and the other chick all leave the city at the same time and the other 4 wait for you at different intervals as you travel through the forest.

They've already shown the connectivity features when they released info on the PSS and during E3. It did not look as if you could enter another person's game.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Seeing as the last post date in this was June 11th, and it's now August 5th, it's past the revival date, so I'm gonna go ahead and close this. We do have a current thread to discuss this stuff found here though, so feel free to continue discussing it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back