• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real world animals and mythical creatures

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    What animal or mythical creature would you like to see as a Pokemon?

Reality based, I'd love to see some of the dinosaurs or old animals like the saber tooth tiger or the mammoth if they haven't had any already based on the aforementioned.

As far as mythical creatures, I'd love a Phoenix the lochness monster or Bigfoot.

Others I'd love to see are some of the ghosts from ghostbusters like slimed or the stay puff marshmallow man.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • What animal or mythical creature would you like to see as a Pokemon?

Reality based, I'd love to see some of the dinosaurs or old animals like the saber tooth tiger or the mammoth if they haven't had any already based on the aforementioned.

As far as mythical creatures, I'd love a Phoenix the lochness monster or Bigfoot.

Others I'd love to see are some of the ghosts from ghostbusters like slimed or the stay puff marshmallow man.

-Raikou is arguably based off the sabertooth.

-Mamoswine.

-Ho-oh.

I'm working on a hack, so I'll just mention two of my 'mons.

Malith -> Dreadusa

Based off of Medusa/Gorgons.

Malth is Rock/Dark, and Dreadusa is Rock/Poison.

Wilderlass

Based off of Dryads.

Fairy/Grass. Appearance, stats, abilities, and level up moveset change with the seasons.

Both- given their mythologies- are female-only species.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I like the idea of a Tsukumogami Pokemon; particularly the kasa-obake. A tsukumogami is an object that's reached a service life of 100 years, that's become alive (a kasa-obake is an old umbrella). It's a form of yokai, Japanese mythological creatures. That or Cthulu. Gotta love dragon octopus.

In the case of real life, how about a dolphin? We honestly haven't had a Pokemon based majorly on a dolphin.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Kyrouge (sp?) is more or less a dolphin, and there are plenty of Tsukumogami already. We don't have umbrellas or buckets quite yet, though. Actually, those sound too hilarious to pass up, especially considering how much they would annoy everyone! Hahaha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I suppose you mean Kyogre and not Tyrogue 8) I think of Kyogre as more of an orca, but that's the same general area I suppose. Not too kind-cute-intelligent-dolphin like though. Lanturn is what's most commonly called the dolphin pokémon.

A swordfish would be cool to see!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I was just thinking the other day and realized there's no cockroach pokémon yet. It would be an amazing concept for the first ever bug/dark pokémon. :P

Real world animals and mythical creatures

O HAI

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
    Years
  • I'd personally like to see a Pokemon based off of the Mandrake/Mandragora plants. Of course, they'd have Perish Song in their movepool, most preferably at the start, or close to the start, as not to be broken. Or it could learn Perish Song later on at, say, level ~30.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I'd like to see a sand worm pokemon. We need another burrowing Pokémon other than Digglet. I would've said trash years ago, but Black and White already had that come to life

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    I also wouldn't mind seeing a sontaran as a fighting type or weeping angel type as a ghost/psychic type.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Would be pretty cool if there were a saber-toothed tiger Pokémon; could imagine it to be quite a heavy attacker. :] Alongside, I'd also like to see something based off Dolphin. There's Lanturn, but one more wouldn't hurt.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • I could literally go on for hours about what extinct/living/mythical/cryptid creatures should be Pokemon-ized!

I agree about the Smilodon (Sabertooth) wholeheartedly, make it Rock/Ghost or something... Obviously it would be a fossil.

I also agree with needing a legitimate dolphin Pokemon. Water and either Dark or Psychic, whichever one of the two Game Freak thinks would be suitable...

And why in the name of Arceus haven't they made a koala Pokemon yet?!

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I agree with everyone saying we need a dolphin Pokemon, I think that would be a good idea. I also think it would be nice if we could have some kind of hummingbird or platypus Pokemon.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm not too sure if there's already a llama, because I'd really want to see one of those as a rock type. :) I also would like to see a peacock and a koala.

Back