• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real World Pokemon Team

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
  • For the sake of this discussion, let's say that the Pokemon World was real and you are traveling in one of the regions. You would have a team of 6 Pokemon just like in the games, however, apart from battling, your team must also serve practical purposes. These purposes include:

(1) a Flyer to facilitate air travel;

(2) a Water Pokemon that's big enough to facilitate sea travel;

(3) a Pokemon that would facilitate land travel on various terrains;

(4) an Fire Pokemon that would light campfires provide heat on nights out in the wilderness;

(5) an Electric Pokemon to provide power for electronic devices you may carry;

(6) a Psychic/Ghost/Dark Pokemon to ward off other Pokemon with the power to use supernatural powers against you in the wild (mind control, hallucinations);

(7) a Pokemon that could use its strength to remove any physical obstacle on the land;

(8) a Pokemon with sharp claws or sharp appendages to hack and slash vines or cut fruit from trees, etc.

Inspired by a similar past thread, I challenge you, the PokeCommunity users, to create such a team of 6 Pokemon which serves each of the aforementioned purposes for travel through one of the established regions.

N.B.
    (Pokemon sizes and functions are to be thought of as consistent with the Anime and not strictly to scale with that cited in the official PokeDex. If it can grow as large or perform functions in the anime to serve real world situations, this takes president over the official game national PokeDex. Also, Pokemon must be found in that particular Region and be listed in the Regional Pokedex and teams must have 1 starter.)

REGION: KANTO
    POKEMON:

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Flyer/ Provides Heat

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Water Transport

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Land Transport/ Strength User

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Provides Electricity

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Counters Supernaturals

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Hack and Slash

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • My post didn't send through. Stupid wifi.

JOHTO!
    TEAM:

Feraligatr- Watter support/Starter, maybe even Slasher.
    Crobat- Fly support.
    Golem- Could be used as Land Support.
    Espeon- Esp counter.
    Magcargo- Fire support. Event hough the dex states it's too hot to get near, so am I. I believe there were some anime trainers with Magcargo.
    Ampharos- Electric support. If one can light up a lighthouse at night then one could surely charge my PokeGear.

Honerable mentions for some of my team placments: Togekiss as a Fly Supporter, Weavile as a Slasher.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hmmmm. Interesting! I'll go with Hoenn.

Real World Pokemon Team
    Swampert - Starter/Surf
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Flygon - Fly
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Manectric - Electric
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Zangoose - Cutlass
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Banette - Ghost
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Camerupt - Fire/Strength/Land travel

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I'll pick Sinnoh region (platinum extension)
    Torterra - land support
    Altaria - flight support and singer
    Gyrados - sea support
    Pachirisu - electric support (plus it's small enough to stand on my shoulder)
    Chimecho - esp counter, healer and repels wild pokemon (I would love to attach it to my torterra)
    Heat rotom - making camp fire

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, since everyone else did the other regions in order, I guess I'll give Unova a shot.

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Water Pokemon for sea travel, Pokemon with sharp appendages, and a starter Pokemon
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - Flying Pokemon, knows Flamethrower to create fire/heat, Dark type Pokemon to keep away supernatural forces
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - Pokemon used for land travel, can use strength against heavy objects, Ice Pokemon to help keep cool
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - Electric Pokemon to use for power, cute Pokemon to attract the ladies
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - if the ladies don't like Joltik, then Minccino should do the trick
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - if both plan A and B fail, they're probably the type of girl that likes an 8 foot tall centipede instead

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Guess I'll pick Sinnoh.

Real World Pokemon Team
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Real World Pokemon Team

Weavile - Well, it's my favourite Pokemon, and it has sharp claws and is a Dark-type.
    Crobat - I would use it to fly and it would be nice to screw around.
    Gengar - Likes jokes a lot, and would be cool for Halloween. Also, it's strong. It'd probably know Focus Miss and Thunderbolt.
    Milotic - A beautiful, elegant Pokemon I can use to attract ladies and as a method of sea travelling.
    Rhyperior - BRUTE FORCE IS OUR WAY IN WAR. It'd probably know Fire Punch to light campfires.
    Cresselia - If Crobat is too lazy I can use this instead to fly and it would give me peaceful dreams. Also, it's almost as pretty as Milo.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm going for Johto:

Real World Pokemon Team

Skarmory - Flyer and Cutter

Real World Pokemon Team

Azumarill - Water Transport and Strength Support

Real World Pokemon Team

Entei - Fire Support, Land Transport, can Cut stuff with its claws and use Strength as well

Real World Pokemon Team

Lanturn - Electricity support and Water Transport

Real World Pokemon Team

Celebi - ESP and Medical Support (you'd imagine the guardian of the forest knows which herbs can be used for medical treatment), also mascot

Real World Pokemon Team

Mismagius - Safety Guard for nights, ESP, can roam relatively free which could be useful when we're getting captured, also Mystical Flame access makes it a decent Fire Support

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I suppose I'll go back to Hoenn.

Tropius: Flier/Ground Transport/Strength/Food
    This really would be a great utility Pokemon. It's clearly built to walk around, it's beefy, but it can fly as well, and it produces fruit which can sustain the team in emergencies.

Sharpedo: Water support
    It's fast, and strong enough that I bet you could ride it. I doubt it would actually help against esp and stuff

Torkoal: Fire support
    I can't think of a better Hoenn Pokemon for this purpose. You could literally huddle around it for heat and cook on its back.

Medicham: Psychic support
    It's also a generally a well rounded Pokemon that would likely end up being in my front line with Sharpedo.

Manectric: Unnecessary electric support
    I don't see much actual need for an electric type as a utility Pokemon because I can't exactly plug things into the Pokemon. Just sending electricity into a battery would cause it to explode.

Swalot: Garbage support
    I don't know how Swalot works, but I assume that Swalot would eat all of my garbage and stuff. That way I would not have to litter all the time when I move out of campsites.

I would probably keep Manectric and Swalot out of the team altogether. Just leave the last two slots in my team open for whatever I need en-route. I'd probably go for overal hardy Pokemon to use in battle.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • I'll continue my Journey with JOHTO:

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Water Transport

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Provides Heat

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Provides Electricity

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Counters Supernaturals

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Flyer/ Hack and Slash

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Land Transport/ Strength User

Simon Science

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Looks like Kalos got left out up till now, time to fix that!
    Im going to try to make this the most efficient as possible, so lets start!

Delphox:
    Real World Pokemon Team

Fire starting, Supernaturall couter

Barbaracle:
    Real World Pokemon Team

Water transport (it dose get surf), Slashing(it dose learn cut), obstacle removing(gets strengh and rock smash)

Golurk:
    Real World Pokemon Team

Flying transport(it learns fly. Deal with it.),Land transport(I mean if he cant pick you up and give you a piggy back ride, i dont know what will), Electricity charging(it learns thunder punch, thunder bolt, and CHARGE beam. Plus, it is specifically stated that it is crated from ancient technology)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    For the sake of this discussion, let's say that the Pokemon World was real and you are traveling in one of the regions. You would have a team of 6 Pokemon just like in the games, however, apart from battling, your team must also serve practical purposes. These purposes include:

(1) a Flyer to facilitate air travel;

(2) a Water Pokemon that's big enough to facilitate sea travel;

(3) a Pokemon that would facilitate land travel on various terrains;

(4) an Fire Pokemon that would light campfires provide heat on nights out in the wilderness;

(5) an Electric Pokemon to provide power for electronic devices you may carry;

(6) a Psychic/Ghost/Dark Pokemon to ward off other Pokemon with the power to use supernatural powers against you in the wild (mind control, hallucinations);

(7) a Pokemon that could use its strength to remove any physical obstacle on the land;

(8) a Pokemon with sharp claws or sharp appendages to hack and slash vines or cut fruit from trees, etc.

Inspired by a similar past thread, I challenge you, the PokeCommunity users, to create such a team of 6 Pokemon which serves each of the aforementioned purposes for travel through one of the established regions.

1-2-3) I just TELEPORT, thank you very much.

Real World Pokemon Team

4-5) My electronic devices give the needed heat, so I don't need a fire type.
    Real World Pokemon Team

While I consciously avoid here legendaries, I don't see picking a Regigigas would destroy a town or region, so made an exception. I also bet it can work out a way (either by firepunch or hyperbeam, depending on generations) to make that fire if you insist.

6-7) I choose Golduck for its psychic and for unlimited watersupply. With its telekinetic ability it can move any physical objects too.
    Real World Pokemon Team

8) I choose Slowking. Its intelligence will come in use, but more so its Regenerator ability. Yes, I'll regularly cut down its tail and eat if we ever have problem finding food.Actually if we'd go by the anime I'd choose Piloswine over it for its digging. I am not vegetarian.
    Real World Pokemon Team
    Real World Pokemon Team

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
    Years
  • Interesting. I'll pick Unova!

Real World Pokemon Team

Zoroark: Uses its illusions and Dark type powers to fend off all them mind-bending wildies. It also has the claws necessary to get me my sustenance.

Real World Pokemon Team

Emboar: A Fire type for warmth and a Fighting type for carrying things out of my way~

Real World Pokemon Team

Eelektross: Infinite battery power ho!

Real World Pokemon Team

Crustle: Just picture it: fasten a mattress to the top of its sqaure boulder-thing and you can cross terrain in total comfort!

Real World Pokemon Team

Jellicent: Seems like it'd be really fun to cross water while hanging onto this thing's tentacle-things. They don't sting anyway. ..Right?

Real World Pokemon Team

Swanna: Fly through the skies with grace~

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • HOENN:

Real World Pokemon Team
    - Hack and Slash
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - Provides Heat/ Strength User
    Real World Pokemon Team
    - Water Transport