• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reality Shows

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you watch reality shows? Are they your guilty pleasure? Your pet peeve? What are your opinions on them?

I'm afraid... I'm someone who watches reality shows. I have a thing for cooking reality shows (those are the only ones I thoroughly enjoy; Chopped, Hells Kitchen, etc.) But when it comes to those mainstream ones, I mainly watch Jersey Shore (omigawwwd, such a bad depiction on people in New Jersey. We're not like that at all! Well... maybe some of us are, in high school?) and Bad Girls Club. Jersey Shore is inferior to Bad Girls Club, in my book. I realize that reality shows are really rather stupid, but the stupid things that the people on it do for attention are so, so entertaining.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I love Hell's Kitchen, Gordon Ramsey is pretty rad. I know that not all of the events are entirely genuine, but it feels a lot more real than a lot of other reality shows. I don't watch those reality shows that showcase people who are famous for being famous though, there's no point.

Years
  • Heh, I was thinking starting a topic for Jersey, but discussing it here is cool too .__.
    Anyhow, I watched Hell's Kitchen and the past, mostly because Ramsey. Swearing in
    a cooking competition is pretty much the pinnacle of rad.
    As for Jersey Shore, the first season was the best, but the tension between the cast members and the constant
    fighting between the girls (not to mention Ronnie's roid rage) is pulling me away from the show.

Ayselipera

Just about the only thing I watch on TV are reality shows mainly because I don't watch much TV to begin with. The only reality shows I follow regularly are Survivor and Jersey Shore. Everything else I watch I tune into randomly here and there. As for the other reality shows I tune into here and there are America's Next Top Model, Chopped, Bridezillas, Deadliest Catch, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and Intervention.

All the shows I really used to get into have either ended or were cancelled. I was a huge fan of the Girl's Next Door, Run's House, Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, Charm School, Viva La Bam, Wildboyz, and Jackass. I'm currently re-watching all the seasons of Wildboyz that's how much I miss it. :(

I love reality shows. I never liked or really got into regular TV sitcoms besides Boy Meets World when I was younger so I'm pretty thankful reality shows are now the hit programming type out there. I would literally have nothing to watch.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to be a reality show junkie when I was in High School. I used to watch Flavor of Love, The Surreal Life, Room Raiders, most of the reality shows on MTV and VH1.

I'm a fan of Dancing With The Stars. But I'm starting to lose a lot of interest in it since they keep adding "non-stars". No offense though. And their spin off? Not liking it.

So, I not a junkie as I was before. Besides DWTS, I'm also watching Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, because Gene is my hero. That's basically it, I guess.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • You know, I think reality shows are worthless. Though I did see only one, but it doesn't matter now. Anyway, why call them reality shows?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • SURVIVOR!!! My favourite show ever and my favourite reality TV show. It is so addicting and I never miss an episode. I just love everything about Survivor, and it is always exciting to see who will be voted off etc. And the good thing about it is that they actually receive no help on the island they are on from anyone, unless they need medicals, so you never know what could happen there.

Other shows I watch are Master Chef Australia, I love cooking reality shows as well.

Daninichols-- They are reality shows because they are real life shows, nothing fake about it. They are actual people doing real things, going through real things.

Ayselipera

SURVIVOR!!! My favourite show ever and my favourite reality TV show. It is so addicting and I never miss an episode. I just love everything about Survivor, and it is always exciting to see who will be voted off etc. And the good thing about it is that they actually receive no help on the island they are on from anyone, unless they need medicals, so you never know what could happen there.

GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL <3333 ;o;

It is literally a struggle to find anyone else who likes Survivor as much as I do. I've watched every single episode since the first season. I know, there is just so much tension (especially towards the end) at tribal council and during the immunity challenges, sometimes I really have to look away. I'm pretty sure the next season starts sometime in February which is right around the corner so I'm excited!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Nah don't really watch Reality shows.
    Not my cup of tea really. I think in the past I watched a bit of Big Brother, like the occasional episode, but never really been fond of them.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to love Hells Kitchen but I haven't a full season for a while, Gordan Ramsey just makes me angry nowadays. Same with Masterchef and all it's spinoffs, all the contestants are so whiny and nitpicky to everyone else.

But I find refuge in Survivor, The Amazing Race, Tough Love (watching 40 year old women trying to find love oh my god yes), Cops and easily my favorite, Wife Swap (American version). I also have a guilty pleasure for anything in the Real Life: series, though usually I wake up with a grimace on my face because of what some of the people earn or spend their money on.

American Idol intrigues me, though I usually watch the auditions and then only tune in every now and then, but since Simon and ELLEN (;-;) left I have no urge to watch it now.

Years
  • I don't really like them.

The only one I have actually watched in a long time is Hell's Kitchen. I do love it though, I have all of the episodes! XD

Greenette

is a spy
    Years
  • I could never reconcile the huge differences in actual reality and reality shows.. but for a while I enjoyed a couple. Like the first season of Survivor, which is the best season imho but the all stars season wasn`t so bad haha. And Canada`s Worst Driver, that lot was hilarious lol.

I`m more of a sucker for TV drama and romances haha

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL <3333 ;o;

It is literally a struggle to find anyone else who likes Survivor as much as I do. I've watched every single episode since the first season. I know, there is just so much tension (especially towards the end) at tribal council and during the immunity challenges, sometimes I really have to look away. I'm pretty sure the next season starts sometime in February which is right around the corner so I'm excited!

OMGSH ANOTHER SURVIVOR FAN!! *High fives*

I am 15 so I haven't watched it since the 1st season, but I have literally watched it since as long as I can remember. Nicaragrua was a good season I thought, the final elimination was a bit of a shock though! I can't wait for Redemption Island in Feb, I am dieing waiting for it!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I only watch the real crime shows (America's Most Wanted, Wildest Police Chases, Forensic Files) if those even count as reality shows. The ones with contestants and prizes and competitions and stuff just aren't my cup of tea.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Reality Shows are a guilty pleasure. After work my girl will be watching them and I'll be goofing off on my laptop while watching out the corner of my eye. Secret between you all and me :P

AmitieFan985

Let's Drill!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    I never watched reality shows, but the only time I ever do is when my mom watches shows like Survivor and I watch it with her due to boredom. :p

But normally, I don't watch them at all.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • No, I hate them. This "reality" they speak of is pure fantasy. Real conversations between two people are often interrupted, true, and well more "real"

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • The only one I really followed was So You Think You Can Dance. It was awesome to see people dance all different styles. The music was great and the dancing was superb.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    YES! oh my god....i'm so in love with The Real Housewives Seris I love everyone of them Atlanta, New Jersey, Beverly Hills, NYC...
    They are so crazy so much drama and gossip! I love it!
    If you wanna have a show with drama and a good laugh check um out!
    Especially New Jersey and Atlanta! Nene Leakese cracks me up...and I have never seen anyone crazier then danielle on New jersey and kelly in Nyc!

Back