• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really memorable quotes from the Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • When Lyra tells you her Marill evolved. She lied. Lyra is a DIRTY liar, so what she says is just silly. Also, that juggler in GSC that says "Whoops, dropped my balls!"

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    "Hmm. This is difficult. I was greedy and bought a lot of swimsuits, but now I can't pick which one to wear." - Cynthia.
    Oh Cynthia, you so silly. It's pretty funny to think that her biggest worry is which swimsuit to wear. ...actually, I'm jealous that that's her biggest worry.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • 'Smell you Later!' - Gary Oak

'This is my grandson, he's been your rival since both of you were babies.' '...Erm, what was his name now?' - Professor Oak

'Dropped my balls!' - Juggler

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I think some woman in New Bark said, "I like your bag!" And that was it. I was disappointed about that.

And I remember one guy in FRLG saying, "Aw, don't be hatin'." It's bugging me that I can't remember who though! I'm thinking it's a swimmer in the Sevii Islands...

Oh yeah, one more. "I know EVERYTHING!"

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Here's one I saw on the internet the other day.
    tumblr_lxtmrtkfj31qk6w2go1_400.png

Also I remember someone at the town with the first gym leader in Sinnoh comes up and calls you a newb.

Years
  • This one part at Celestic Town where you're talking to this Galactic grunt was definitely by far the funniest thing I've ever seen in Pokemon.

"This town is insignificant! There's nothing of value here. It doesn't need to exist, so I'll blow it up with a Galactic Bomb! If you try to mess with me, I'll shut you down with a Pokémon battle. So, what's it going to be? Are you going to mess with me?" - Male grunt, at Celestic Town

(Choose "No")
    "That's right! Very smart! You know what's good for you! Team Galactic has come out to the boonies like this for everyone's sake. Your cooperation is appreciated. Now, where is my partner...?"

(Choose "Yes")
    "You dare to oppose Team Galactic? That means you're taking on the world...no, the universe, even!"

"I just got worked over! And by a kid, no less..." - Male grunt, at Celestic Town, being defeated

"Too much to handle...I can't do anything here...this place is nothing! I'll be happily rid of this place!" - Male grunt, at Celestic Town, talking to him after beating him

--------------

I was just like "wow LOL!"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "<Player>! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! <Player>! If anyone can, it's you! Well, then… Farewell!"
    -N - Pokemon Black.

This has stuck out to me ever since I heard it. For some reason, it empowers me to do my best, and make my real life dreams come true.

That seriously is the best quote ever from a Pokemon game. It's so amazing. :3 It's a good thing to live by and totally motivational. Damnit now I want to see that speech again. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles."

Hilarious, lol. It's so random and amusing every time it's said. Apparently there's a song called Heartbreaker by Ray Charles. PERHAPS THAT WAS INSPIRATION FOR THAT?

Either way, there's also "My name is Elesa. I'm this town's Gym Leader. I also happen to be a model."

So irrelevant @ end.

B/W produces the best quotes, much better than the other generations because they don't stick out in my mind imo. ;x

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    "It's not by rejecting different ideas, but by accepting different ideas that the world creates a chemical reaction. This is truly the formula for changing the world."
    -N

N has such good quotes.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • "There's a movie on TV. Four boys are walking on railroad tracks. I better go too."

It feels like the quote goes deeper and holds more meaning than initially seems on the surface. Especially what's at the end "I better go too." just says everything.

Maybe I'm being sentimental about the past and I am trying to see more than there is. But it's never left my head since then.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • There's a couple here from two people you can only meet in Undella town in the Summer.

2qi45zd.jpg
    This man has to be the same guy from in front of cerulean gym.

1eanlx.jpg
    And then you pretty much have a fanboy here.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I remember the hiker's "WWAAAAAHHHHH SUGER RUSH" was cool but calling someone (I think Younster Ian?) in HG/SS takes the cake. "Do you know why I wear shorts all year round? It's because I get scratches on my legs that everyone can see. It makes me look wild and dangerous." or something like that. Brilliant.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I remember the hiker's "WWAAAAAHHHHH SUGER RUSH" was cool but calling someone (I think Younster Ian?) in HG/SS takes the cake. "Do you know why I wear shorts all year round? It's because I get scratches on my legs that everyone can see. It makes me look wild and dangerous." or something like that. Brilliant.

Dammit! You made me spit my coffee. I had forgotten about that quote, well, not anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back