• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: realy big question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    ok, i always read about people wanting to have perfect movesets bla bla bla and i dont now where i can battle them... is there a specific place or something???? do i need to look for them? or can i battle them randomly???? could someone tell me?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Might I just add that if you don't have access to Wi-Fi, but still want to battle anyway, you can also join onto our PO Server. Read more about it in this announcement here. [link] I think you'll find yourself surrounded by many of our active and "not-so-active" competitive battlers there while at the same time learning more about choosing the right move sets and how to better build your team for performance.

Strategies and Movesets (linked by Team Fail above) will be a great place to look if you're wanting to have your team and movesets rated for competitive battling so your team comes out in better shape than when you first introduced it. Make sure to read the stickies and rules provided for better understanding around that specific area.

...and as said just above me, if you're looking for a quick battle through Wi-Fi, then try the Quick Battle Thread (linked by Destiny Demon above). You can also look more into the Battle Stadium forum than just quick battles and possibly get into some of the held tournaments and events held there. All great aspects that you may find enjoyable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    i dont get it???? link to what??? could you exlpain step by step??? can i or can i not battle people randommly without looking for them? and second whats the point of rating them???? anybody can buy action replay!

hehe and what does "uber" mean??????? do i have to look for them-? how do i do that???? i didnt understand the rules either??? i have a team of dragons is that ok?????? could i battle someone like at battle frotnier when alll of our pokemon are ñeft a level 50????

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • No...not anyone can buy action replay, and it is not fair to battle someone with a level 100 shiny Arceus with 999 for every stat. You obviously know nothing about wi-fi battling, so google is your friend there.
    You can battle people with wi-fi connection in the wi-fi forums, which Team Fail already linked to.
    I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about either :\
    Uber is Pokemon that are too powerful for competitive play. Most legendaries and such would not be allowed. As for a full team of Dragons, not really a good idea, as you could be defeated easily by an ice type Pokemon like Weavile.
    I have no idea what that last sentence says :\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ...Do you even know what a link is? You click them.

Pokemon Online announcement: http://www.pokecommunity.com/announcement.php?f=197&a=349

Quick battle thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191202

Strategies and Movesets forum: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

And the point in rating is to make sure you're team can stand up well in battle and that it covers weaknesses. And no, don't go using an Action Replay. No one wants to battle a hacked team, and you might get in trouble for it, so it's not suggested. Judging by that statement though, I think you might wanna lurk around S&M so you know what's good and what's not good for the metagame. You'd be jumping into a shark tank if you don't know competitive strategies.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    OK ILL KEEP IT SIMPLE THEN, I WANNA BATTLE SOMEBODY OK? HOW DO I DO THAT? I ALREADY READ THAT SECTION OF THE FORUM DONT UNDERSTAND, I DONT GET IT, SO???? UMMMM WHAT DO I DO?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • OK ILL KEEP IT SIMPLE THEN, I WANNA BATTLE SOMEBODY OK? HOW DO I DO THAT? I ALREADY READ THAT SECTION OF THE FORUM DONT UNDERSTAND, I DONT GET IT, SO???? UMMMM WHAT DO I DO?

Well stop posting in illegitimate spelling and caps lock for a start xD
    We've already explained everything to you...click the dark blue words on the posts...and then post your friend code and say what rules you want to battle with...wait for someone to accept...and battle :\

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Quick Battles
    Yes, if you're looking for a quick battle, then you can request a battle with right here in the Quick Battle Thread. CLICK HERE to check it out. You basically request a battle by posting, and then whoever wants to take up your challenge will accept. Make sure to read the first post so you understand it clearly.

PO Server
    Other than Wi-Fi, you can also battle people online. PokéCommunity has it's own Pokémon Server which allows you to do so. You can learn more about it by CLICKING HERE and reading the announcement.

Team Rating
    Team Rating is very important if you want to improve your team and their move sets, natures, held items, cover your weaknesses and so on, BUT it is optional as you don't have to have your teams rated. Members will rate your team so they can be better for competitive battling. This way when you enter battles with other players, you are more prepared for a challenge. You can learn more about it in the Strategies and Movesets forum by CLICKING HERE. Make sure to read the rules and stickied threads. If you have questions, you can ask the moderators of that forum to help you.

Action Replay
    Not everyone has it, and NO, it's not fair by cheating your way through a battle. ):

I hope this helps with the responses above as well. They're all very clear cut to be honest.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    i dont get it???? link to what??? could you exlpain step by step???
    Pokémon Online is a battle simulator, a different way of battling instead of using a game. We also use it as a chatroom. Download this (click), once it's done install it, open it, click "Go Online" button, and there should be a server called "PC Battle Server" listed.
    Spoiler:

can i or can i not battle people randommly without looking for them?
    You can ask for battle in the Quick Battle Thread (click), that was posted earlier.

and second whats the point of rating them????
    To improve their team with the help of others.

anybody can buy action replay!
    Using an Action Replay to get maxed out stats, moves a Pokémon cannot normally learn, and so on is not allowed.

hehe and what does "uber" mean???????
    Uber is a list of Pokémon that have been banned from standard battling (click).

i have a team of dragons is that ok??????
    If you aren't using a Pokémon that is in the list above, it is okay.

could i battle someone like at battle frotnier when alll of our pokemon are ñeft a level 50????
    If you specify that, yes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    how do you know if i dont use them?????.... well so i have to give you pal number or somethinf for you locate me and battle right? and what is metagame???? and secondly how do you battle without wi fi stuff???? ion better words how does it work, i took a look at it but didnt get it.... call me dumb but ive been on other forums and this one isnt just to clear for me. could you be so kind? thanks

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Don't use what? Yup, you give someone your Friend Code, register theirs, and then meet them in the Wi-fi room in the basement of the Pokemon Centre. Metagame is competitive play, you'd have to go to Smogon to learn more (I would link but somehow Smogon is blocked on my laptop...). You can't battle others without Wi-fi, unless you use the PO server Hiiro and Wolflare linked too.

Years
  • Just to clarify, Pokemon Online is software you install on your PC, since that part seems to be tripping you up after reading your latest post. And the mods here have methods they use to check out Pokemon to see if they're hacked in Wi-Fi battling/trading, from what I understand. And members can report you to mods/admins here if you used an uber/hacked Pokemon in a non-uber battle, from what I understand.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • how do you know if i dont use them?????....
    Well it'd be pretty obvious if you tossed out a shiny Spiritomb with Wonder Gaurd that was using Blast Burn. People want to battle real Pokemon that you raised yourself, unless otherwise specified, but in most cases, no one wants to fight hacked Pokemon. And you can get infracted/banned if the member you're battling takes notice to it.

well so i have to give you pal number or somethinf for you locate me and battle right?
    Yes, you will have to exchange friend codes to battle.

and what is metagame????
    Competitive battling, as stated by altariaking. Since he can't link you to Smogon, I will. Click here.

and secondly how do you battle without wi fi stuff????
    The only way to battle without Wi-Fi is with the PO server, which you have been linked to about five times in this thread, and given plenty of explanations for.

ion better words how does it work, i took a look at it but didnt get it.... call me dumb but ive been on other forums and this one isnt just to clear for me. could you be so kind? thanks
    I'm sorry, but if everything still isn't clear to you after 4 members and 4 staff members have tried explaining and linking you to sources that can explain better than us, then you should just find something else to do. We've done everything we can do to explain this stuff to you. If you don't understand competitive battling, but still want to battle, like I said, it's like jumping into a shark tank. So your best bet is to go to YouTube and watch some Wi-Fi battles (I recommend TheKillerNacho and NinBuzz) and read up on Smogon and PC's own Strategies and Movesets forum. There's only so much we can help you understand at this point.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • ...I think this thread's successfully been answered and people are just regurgitating related links at this point. If you still have questions, you should read the links that people have posted and check out the Wifi/competitive battling forums.
    Locked.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm starting to see this thread shift from where it was originally intended to something more, and because of that it's beginning to have less purpose being held in this section specifically.

Having said that, both members and staff have answered your questions repeatedly, with repeated links. Explaining the answers to your questions as best as we can in the simplest of terms and even linking to other sites / threads that will further explain what you're trying to learn. The best I can do for you now is to tell you to read those links and directions carefully and slowly so you better understand it. With that, also do some further research, it isn't hard and it shouldn't take much time. Google is your best friend. :]

Other than that, if you have further questions regarding battling, Wi-Fi, the PO Server, and so on, then might I suggest you direct your questions to those who can better fulfill you on further details. The Strategies and Moveset Moderators and/or the Battle Stadium Moderators OR our dashing Super Moderator, Luke.

They're the best who can help you from here on out other than yourself looking into everything that was said earlier here. To note, the bolded / underlined words are links for you to click. The moderators of a forum will be located near the bottom of the page.

Edit: Geoff beat me to it. Oh well, I put too much effort to delete this now. ;o;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back