• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reasons to own a DS?

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
Years
  • Ok, I told my parents i want to have a DS with one of the new games, however, they are not quite convinced its worth it.

In need to know several good reasons why its worth to own a DS

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    probably some kid is going to tell you that this is the wrong board to post this on, but try to convince them with those 'brain training'-games (and tell your mom she can play it while you are at school, she will love it).

solopy567

Years
  • Believe me, it will never work telling her its a brain training game...she isnt an idiot.

Besides, im 14 years old!

She keeps telling me im too old for that kind of stuff...

So....what can i do to convince her?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    no, i meant that the nintendo itself can become a family thing. anyway, save some money yourself.. when i was 14 i was making 3 euro an hour (thats almost 5 dollars)

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Well, then there isn't. It's just a game, made for entertainment. You might get better in math, but that's really it. Don't be a spoiled brad, go for the x360 or ds.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Pokemon Diamond or Peal.

But, incidentally, a DS is worth having because...

- It's cheaper than the competition.
    - It has plenty of games.
    - WiFi connection.
    - Overall better games than the competition.
    - 1st-party developed games (Mario, Zelda etc.)
    - Innovative controls.
    - Homebrew.
    - VoIP
    - Internet browsers.
    - Video players (Moonshell etc.)
    - Wonderful multiplayer
    - Reverse-compatibility
    - Portable
    - Long-life battery.
    - More value for money than an Xbox 360 (What were you thinking? That thing is so old, developers will cease production soon. Get a Wii or a PS3 if you don't want a DS)

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Moved to Other Games. Triforce, if this is the wrong place, I apologize.

solopy567

Years
  • Sorry, but this has nothing to do with Pokemon Diamond or Peal.

But, incidentally, a DS is worth having because...

- It's cheaper than the competition.
    - It has plenty of games.
    - WiFi connection.
    - Overall better games than the competition.
    - 1st-party developed games (Mario, Zelda etc.)
    - Innovative controls.
    - Homebrew.
    - VoIP
    - Internet browsers.
    - Video players (Moonshell etc.)
    - Wonderful multiplayer
    - Reverse-compatibility
    - Portable
    - Long-life battery.
    - More value for money than an Xbox 360 (What were you thinking? That thing is so old, developers will cease production soon. Get a Wii or a PS3 if you don't want a DS)

Oh wow, i didnt think of that! It does seem more worth than 360 and i guess it doesnt die as fast.

Just a few questions regarding some of the stuff you listed:

Whats the hombrew?
    Whats the VoIP?
    What reverse compatibility?

And, just for info, what is the price of a new nintendo DS and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

Last edited:

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
  • I suggest you buy a ndsl pack at zavvi (zavvi.com), accessories+NDSL+any game only for 115 pounds.
    You can buy online, but the delivery fee costs a bit. If you have a zavvi store in your town/city, buy it there.
    D/P price is 29.99 or 30 pounds at most stores, including zavvi. Some prices in diffrent stores might be lower. I suggest you buy D/P with the ndsl pack.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Oh wow, i didnt think of that! It does seem more worth than 360 and i guess it doesnt die as fast.

Just a few questions regarding some of the stuff you listed:

Whats the hombrew?
    Whats the VoIP?
    What reverse compatibility?

And, just for info, what is the price of a new nintendo DS and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

It's best if you just ignore homebrew and VoIP, seeing as that involves some procedures that can come off as "illegal", because most of the time you need to buy a special DS card that enables you to run certain applications for the DS, including VoIP (Voice over IP) apps, which is basically online voice chat. Ever heard of Skype? Yeah, that's basically it.

As for reverse compatibility, it simply means that you can play Game Boy Advance games on it, if you have any or if you're planning to get any.

Now, I'm gonna guess that you live in the United States, so I'm gonna say that a Nintendo DS costs you $129.99, and a Pokémon Diamond or Pearl game costs you about... what? 35 bucks? Please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody. D:

Back