• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Recall in Netherlands

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    So... just went out today to buy SoulSilver (finally), and it turns out they've recalled the games in The Netherlands and also in Dutch-speaking part of Belgium. I'm... a little annoyed to say the least.
    (News on Nintendo website)

Anyone else have any more info on this? Future release date? Has it been physically released in the UK yet?

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    That's sad to hear. According to serebii.net, the reason it was recalled was due to the Netherlands version having a Saving Glitch, in a way it sounds like what's going on with the original Gold and Silver, it just won't save. Since Dutch is close to German (I thinK?) Couldn't players order those. I may but, yeah.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    Well, I'm off to England tomorrow so hopefully I can get it there.

After some research, it seems the glitch is to do with saving.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Omg how horrible! I'd be down if I waited so long for something and then it didn't come after all

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    wierd i just heard about it but i was still able to buy my heart gold (yes in a dutch store) the only problem i had was when i started the game it said something about a corupted save file but a quick restart fixed that and im stil able to safe as of now.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Since Dutch is close to German (I thinK?) Couldn't players order those. I may but, yeah.
    Yeah, the Netherlands are next to Germany but...if the bought that they would have do deal with game in a foreign language wouldn't they. Kind of annoying, too.
    How long will it be till they get working ones I wonder.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    That's sad to hear. According to serebii.net, the reason it was recalled was due to the Netherlands version having a Saving Glitch, in a way it sounds like what's going on with the original Gold and Silver, it just won't save. Since Dutch is close to German (I thinK?) Couldn't players order those. I may but, yeah.
    You think wrong.

English:

Hello my cat. I love you. Who are you? You are John? Hello John. John the cat. Cats are very fun. I want to hold a cat but not a dog!

Dutch:
    Hallo mijn kat. Ik hou van jou. Wie bent u? U bent John? Hallo John. John de kat. Katten zijn erg leuk. Ik wil een kat te houden, maar geen hond!

German:

Hallo meine Katze. Ich liebe dich. Wer sind Sie? Sie befinden sich John? Hallo John. John die Katze. Katzen sind sehr lustig. Ich möchte eine Katze zu halten, aber nicht ein Hund!

All say the same thing. Probably some small grammatical errors. Oh well.

This sucks, and lets me laugh at my Dutch friends who have been waiting forever. :D Of course, I am just joking and I wish them to get HG/SS as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Slowking

Live By The Creed
    Years
    you all wanna know what the bug is? according to some people it's just the cartridge that's a little bit dirty or there is some plastic on it, you can just clean it and *pow* it's fixed, and for that they recalled al games from (almost) all stores and destroyed them! i'm going to a store tomorrow where they still have it and where there were no complains from costumers, but if you buy a game (note: only hg glitches) and it doesn't work you can trade it immediately for one that does. i must say i'm very dissapointed, i waited 216 days for this game and exactly on the release date the CANCEL it, **********, that's just wrong

dus aan iedereen die nederlands spreekt, je bent niet alleen! ps: vraagje, wij ebben toch precies dezelfde (language) games als in uk, onze spellen zijn toch niet in het Nederlands, dus oe komt et dat zij dat probleem niet hebben?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    you all wanna know what the bug is? according to some people it's just the cartridge that's a little bit dirty or there is some plastic on it, you can just clean it and *pow* it's fixed, and for that they recalled al games from (almost) all stores and destroyed them! i'm going to a store tomorrow where they still have it and where there were no complains from costumers, but if you buy a game (note: only hg glitches) and it doesn't work you can trade it immediately for one that does. i must say i'm very dissapointed, i waited 216 days for this game and exactly on the release date the CANCEL it, **********, that's just wrong

dus aan iedereen die nederlands spreekt, je bent niet alleen! ps: vraagje, wij ebben toch precies dezelfde (language) games als in uk, onze spellen zijn toch niet in het Nederlands, dus oe komt et dat zij dat probleem niet hebben?

Whoever told you that is completely full of it. :| There is a glitch in the game that makes it so it wont recognize the save file. That's what wrong. Not a piece of plastic.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Oh no. D= That sucks. I'm really sorry. D= It's worth the wait though, and if you get it tomorrow, have fun playing it. =D

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    what i want to know is if i can get any problems later on i bought mine today and i dont have any problems as of yet (except for when i started the game for the first time) and now i hear al this stuff about bugs so i'm kind of worried now.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    You think wrong.

English:

Hello my cat. I love you. Who are you? You are John? Hello John. John the cat. Cats are very fun. I want to hold a cat but not a dog!

Dutch:
    Hallo mijn kat. Ik hou van jou. Wie bent u? U bent John? Hallo John. John de kat. Katten zijn erg leuk. Ik wil een kat te houden, maar geen hond!

German:

Hallo meine Katze. Ich liebe dich. Wer sind Sie? Sie befinden sich John? Hallo John. John die Katze. Katzen sind sehr lustig. Ich möchte eine Katze zu halten, aber nicht ein Hund!

All say the same thing. Probably some small grammatical errors. Oh well.

This sucks, and lets me laugh at my Dutch friends who have been waiting forever. :D Of course, I am just joking and I wish them to get HG/SS as soon as possible.
    Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure. Shows what I, the typical American, knows about foreign languages. Ironically, I'm actually interested in (and hope to learn) foreign languages too, well at least German and Japanese.

Still, that sucks for Dutch players. Hopefully, NoE fixes that soon.

Back