• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Pokémon facts you learned

Years
  • Did you happen to learn anything about Pokémon recently? Maybe about a hidden scene in a certain game that you weren't aware existed, or a fact from the Pokédex that you had no idea about... share here (b' ')b

Years
  • I learned a few weeks ago that Pokemon was partnering with the Van Gogh museum and producing this really cool Pikachu card. Unfortunately some fans couldn't behave themselves so they had to stop.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • RetroAchievements made me aware of this over a month ago, but I since then I never knew that Prof. Oak...
    Spoiler:

Furthermore...
    Spoiler:

Years
  • In Gen II games, you can decorate your room with various Pokémon-themed furniture and dolls. You can even get some items by connecting to the Stadium 2 and using Mystery Gift function. But I recently learned there are 3 items that can't be obtained because of some kind of bug in Stadium 2. You can't get Pikachu Bed, Unown Doll and Tentacool Doll.

Years
  • In the Gen1 remakes, I seem to remember that Lorelei will add to her plushie collection after losing to you in the Elite4 at certain milestones!

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • In RSE, I learned that Gabby and Ty have a special dialogue entry if you throw a Poke Ball at them during their battle. They call you out on it after the battle and again during their TV segment. This doesn't happen in ORAS, though.

(I didn't personally do this; but throwing a Poke Ball does have a niche use as a way to skip a turn without wasting a Power Point or switching Pokemon, mostly against Dig/Fly/Dive users. Poke Balls are the cheapest consumable item that don't require a specific status condition to use in Gen 1/2/3, and you don't waste them in Gen 4+ by using them to skip your turn.)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Unusual weights for some evolved Pokemon. Knew about some becoming lighter upon evolving.
    • Diglett's 1.8 pounds versus Dugtrio's 73.4 pounds
    • Magnemite's 13.2 pounds versus Magneton's 132.2 pounds (versus Magnezone's 396.8 pounds)
    • Grimer's 66 pounds versus Muk's 66 pounds. Gained 1 foot of height (0.3 meters) too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I recently learned that the Shiny Charm's odds are 3/4096, or something? And even after getting one, I haven't found any shiny Pokemon lmfao. This is why I definitely enjoy the thrill of random shinies in the wild.

Back