• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
Heh... just getting into this whole fusion thing... and got into it enough to eat up four hours of my time without stopping. o_o;

Flying Zebras

Who says zebras can't fly?..xD
Years
I'm still a beginner at doing Fusions so:

TorterraSalamence.png
-Now this one is a Torterra and Salamence.I'm guessing I should have put the right wing behind the tree.-Shrug-

ScytherScizor.png
-This one is a Scyther and Scizor.This one was my first one and honestly I say it's better than the one above.I messed up the head a little so yeah.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
This is just one of my many trainer recolors. What do y'all think?

Thumbnails below!

Last edited:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
CatFakemonWIP10.png

First fussion I made. It has parts from
- Vaporeon body edited
- Flareon ears
- Sneasel palette for left
- Parasect palette for right (Shiny?) (I'll probably find a better palette, something less pink and yellow >.<)
Do you like it? What's good about it? What's bad about it?
I want to see if I can improve it. ^^
I was aiming for someting like a ghost type eevee-lution.

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
Years
CatFakemonWIP10.png

First fussion I made. It has parts from
- Vaporeon body edited
- Flareon ears
- Sneasel palette for left
- Parasect palette for right (Shiny?) (I'll probably find a better palette, something less pink and yellow >.<)
Do you like it? What's good about it? What's bad about it?
I want to see if I can improve it. ^^
I was aiming for someting like a ghost type eevee-lution.
No offense, Zadow, but im kinda ahead of you on the eeveelution thing. EDIT: If we fused out ghost evos, i think we could make a sick sprite.

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
Years
Read my signature. I know ive already said that a couple hundred times on other threads, but im going to keep syaing it until i start getting trainer card requests. PLZ, pplz, i like making trainer cards. LET ME MAKE YOURS!!!

AmayaTsuki09

[the geeky artist]
Years
Alrighty guys, I just got into sprite editing a few days ago, and I would like you guys to give me your opinion on some of the sprites that I've revamped.

Most of my sprites are revamped from the games before Ruby and Sapphire.

In the post, I will have the original sprite next to mine. So please, leave comments, opinions, and suggestions of what I should do different, if anything.

Here they are:

Vulpix.png

Left: My Vulpix
Right: Original Sprite

charmeleon-1.png

Left: My Charmeleon

Charizard.png

Left: My Charizard

Blastoise.png

Left: My Blastoise

Articuno.png

Left: My Articuno

haunter.png

Left: My Haunter

AmayaTsuki09

[the geeky artist]
Years
They are good but you shouldn't give them 100% coloured outlines. they should be in diffrent shades. Also, when you revamp them you should also fix shadings. They are pretty nice for a beginning ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. The reason why I go with 100% coloured outlines is because, I think they look nicer than a regular black outline. The black outline is makes it look to, cartoony. I'd rather have something with more flow and sharpness, then a black outline around everything.

A lot of the shadings on my sprite revamps where changed if you were to look at the close up. Haunter is my example. The only colors on the original sprite where purple and black. I had to reshade him completely with the color palette I was given to work with for my hack and the game itself.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
I actually meant the vulpix has lack on shading, making it look flat and the 100% outline colouring makes it look even softier.

And if you look closely at charmeleon the outline has all just one colour and isn't shaded with the flow, this makes charmeleon look flatter.

I wasn't pointin' at the haunter though that one is fine but has some outlinings missing.

Blastoise is the one who isn't reshaded the shading looks everywhere exactly the same (except for the back leg). Also keep in mind not to dither too much. Dithering is a nice effect when you want to let the colours flow into eachother, but too much dithering will get bothering. (as seen at charizard)

What I meant for reshading is this: You kept the shading on the same side as the oldskool design. Always keep in mind the light source in the newest generations always come from the left top corner.

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2011
Zadow - I love your eeveelution! It fits together really well :)
The eyes look a little off, especially on the pinky-red version, where there is an incorrectly coloured pixel.
It looks really nice though :D
I don't get how Jet can say he's ahead of you - you're in another league to him ;)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Heres my lastest set of sprites :) It includes Fusions, recolours and reposes :)
spritesheetn.png

The ninetales is a random recolour (NOT LUXRAY FUSION)
Feel free to rate the trainer sprite aswell :)

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
Years
Zadow - I love your eeveelution! It fits together really well :)
I don't get how Jet can say he's ahead of you - you're in another league to him ;)
Okay, first of all, i know im not that good, i meant ive made MORE than him. And second, if your not gonna say anything nice that's not constructive criticism, keep your thoughts to your self, Rocket. No one is gonna think your funny because you like making people feel stupid.

EDIT: I love your ghost evo, zadow! But i do think you should put a skull on its face. lol ;)

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010

Top Charizard: Mine

Bottom Charizard: Original

Sprite From: Hg/Ss

Comment: I recolored the Hg/Ss sprite with the colors from the Fr/Lg Charizard, since the colors looked way better. You be the judge.

Years
@ skarmory: indeed the gba sprites colours are way better then the new colours for the ds sprites.

That's the main reason I only sprite in the gba style, since its a much more complicated piece of art then the ds version's.
Only problem is, d/p sprites dont have a high light, like gba sprites.

But it's a simple recolour not much to say about it :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Heres my lastest set of sprites :) It includes Fusions, recolours and reposes :)
spritesheetn.png

The ninetales is a random recolour (NOT LUXRAY FUSION)
Feel free to rate the trainer sprite aswell :)
Anyone...? At all? Nobody?!?! :( I would like to see what people think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back