• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
picture.php

This one could use a little more noticeable change. Right now it just looks kind of fat.
picture.php

A little too large to be a sprite I think and the shading on the legs is strange. I like the way you did the arms though except for one of them seems a little cut off a the end.
picture.php

This one looks pretty good.

picture.php

I think this would look better without the leaf on its head.
picture.php

Your outlines could use a little work. One of the arms seems to just disappear into the body and there are a few pixels on the head that need to look more rounded. The tail looks pretty good though.
picture.php

The outlines seem to disappear in some places on this one.
picture.php

The head could use a little better outlining to define the features.
picture.php

This one looks like you did a really good job splicing it.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
picture.php

This one could use a little more noticeable change. Right now it just looks kind of fat.
picture.php

A little too large to be a sprite I think and the shading on the legs is strange. I like the way you did the arms though except for one of them seems a little cut off a the end.
picture.php

This one looks pretty good.

picture.php

I think this would look better without the leaf on its head.
picture.php

Your outlines could use a little work. One of the arms seems to just disappear into the body and there are a few pixels on the head that need to look more rounded. The tail looks pretty good though.
picture.php

The outlines seem to disappear in some places on this one.
picture.php

The head could use a little better outlining to define the features.
picture.php

This one looks like you did a really good job splicing it.

Yeah, those were the first that I've done. I promise you that they'll get better though. Just watch;)

Well you want requests, and seem eager enough. So here's one for fun. :)

I'd like to see a splice of an Aerodactyl and a Gyarados. If you don't mind.

Interesting request! Look for it within the next couple days.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Why did this thread get merged? It makes it a lot more difficult for people to find individual posts. Also, now instead of updating my posts I have to repost over and over again for people to see my new sprites I release.

Anywho, here are my new fusions. Enjoy!
Spoiler:

IceyLemons, there is your request. I know its not that great but its the best I can do. Hope you like it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
So here is something I'd like to show all of you. :cheeky: Its cute and awsome at the same time i present to you the Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Pokemon Trainer Mugshots/Vs. Sprites

Hello, and welcome to my Vs. Sprites thread! So, without further adieu, the Vs. Sprites!
Spoiler:

Sorry, about all the excess white stuff, I'm just too lazy to edit it out. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime, but not now.

If you'd like to see a custom sprite of yourself, I do take requests!

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Here are some fusions. They might look lame and a bit small, but I had fun making them and that is what matters.

Attachments

• Dratizard.png
    Dratizard.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 93
  • fusion.png
    fusion.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 2
  • gialgia.png
    gialgia.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
  • mutwichu.png
    mutwichu.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
  • shiny mutwichu.png
    shiny mutwichu.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 93
Years
Why did this thread get merged? It makes it a lot more difficult for people to find individual posts. Also, now instead of updating my posts I have to repost over and over again for people to see my new sprites I release.

Anywho, here are my new fusions. Enjoy!
Spoiler:

IceyLemons, there is your request. I know its not that great but its the best I can do. Hope you like it!

Your thread has been merged because to have your own thread, you need at least 4 pieces of original work (preferably scratch). Fusions aren't considered original and must be posted in this thread if you plan on having a thread with only fusions.

That being said, you CAN have a thread with fusions but only if you have the 4 original pieces.

Black Hawk

Char
Years
Black Hawk's Sprite gallery

Hello everyone. This is my sprite gallery! If you have any comments, feel free to post them!

Sprites:
Spoiler:

Sprite Packs:
Spoiler:

Request:
Spoiler:

(If you want to request anything, PM me. Also, this is not a shop, so I will not be making all requests.)

Years
Hello everyone. This is my sprite gallery! If you have any comments, feel free to post them!

Sprites:
Spoiler:

Sprite Packs:
Spoiler:

Request:
Spoiler:

(If you want to request anything, PM me. Also, this is not a shop, so I will not be making all requests.)

Merged your thread with the Recolours and Fusions thread. You cannot have a showcase if you plan on only showcasing fusions/recolours or else they'll be merged into here like you see here.

Also, try to stay away from saving them as .JPEG/JPG and save your pixel art and sprites as .PNG or .GIF. The quality is completely destroyed by the .JPEG save-type. Two examples of .PNG saving is the Gallade + Ho-Oh or Scizor + Dialga fusion.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Well I see a lot of edits, but not much in the way of demonstrating original works.

I mean, it's somewhat competent but there's a lot of sloppiness going on where you haven't simply recoloured existing parts of the sprites.

Starting from the top:

picture.php

This in particular looks ridiculous, because you've pasted Cynthia's hair over Candice's face without taking into consideration the differences between their sprites. Namely, Cynthia's head is larger, and drawn at a different angle to Candice. So, what we're left with is someone with massive hair that engulfs their head and lies at the wrong angle compared to how their head is supposed to be facing.

picture.php

picture.php

These are slightly better composited, but then they're made up of about three or four different sprites stuck together like Frankenstein's Monster. You can never make something that looks like a real piece of art this way because it's not - it's just a mish-mash of things from different pictures that were not designed as a cohesive piece.

Meanwhile, the parts that you have made minor edits too suffer from poor-quality outlines that are mostly solid black lines, and generally a lack of ability to fill in the blanks where copying and pasting can't.

picture.php

picture.php

Same again, sprites haphazardly smashed together and quickly recoloured, without enough skill to be able to complete the parts that you couldn't copy from another sprites.

I know actually drawing from scratch is hard, but simply cutting bits and pieces of other sprites together only covers the very basics, and won't teach you much about creating art for real. The rest of the way to being able to showcase your art is to practice drawing without using the existing sprites as a crutch, and learning about artistic principles - although first you still have a lot to improve on drawing lines and colouring things in to match the official style.

I personally don't think you'd be able to satisfy anyone's request just by giving them sprites made by cutting and chopping existing ones with crude attempts to sew them together - especially when you come to something that can't be mostly copied from other sprites.

Years
Hello, and welcome to my Vs. Sprites thread! So, without further adieu, the Vs. Sprites!
Spoiler:

Sorry, about all the excess white stuff, I'm just too lazy to edit it out. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime, but not now.

If you'd like to see a custom sprite of yourself, I do take requests!

You might want to take a look at the rules of this section once again. Fusions aren't considered original works in which you must have 4 or more to complete a showcase and your own thread.

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
idekwtftri.png

Boredom made me do it. Idekwtf it's supposed to be. Maybe a flying, vampiric, man-eating, hippo-serpent. The belly connecting the Scolipede body with the Gyarados body is pretty bad looking. I'll have to work on it later. ^.^

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
So thanks to Cosmotone8, who made me a VS. sprite (WHICH IS AWESOME :D), I decided I wanted to make a complete set, with a battle sprite and all. Anyways, without further ado:

OwnBanner.png

I used Riley's body as a base. Some monk's head. Drew the mohawk myself. Took the flower/hankerchief from Lucian. and Took the undershirt from a Police :P

The Poké Ball's a bit iffy. I was in a hurry so instead of getting it from another sprite, I just googled "Poké Ball" haha

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
4777a644c6f5dad55cb72a4f6dda279d_63322.png

My first ever fusion Pokemon. I was bored so I made this. It uses Raichu's body and all I added was Pikachu's tail and ears and changed their color.

picture.php

My second fusion Pokemon. A mix of Charizard and Dratini. I used Charmander's flame on the tail and the flame's color was derived from Chandelure. Enjoy.

Last edited:

mineox100

Hey.
Years
6 Fusions made by me! 5 minutes each one!

Wurgon = Wurmple + Bagon
Shelcoon = Cascoon + Shelgon
Salastox = Dustox + Salamence

Zudish = Zubat + Oddish
Gloombat = Golbat + Gloom
Croplume = Crobat + Vileplume

EDIT: New Fusion!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back