• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Recommendations for my framework

Machibito22

Guillermo Brito
Days
  • Hello community, I announce that I am developing a framework for Godot Engine to make it easier to develop fangamed on the, and since it has more capacity they can have more functions and news than with RPG Maker XP, it is also open source and that means that anyone can use it.

My framework will be called PokéDev Kit and it will be licensed under the MIT license and the FUC license (a fair use compliance license).

Here comes my question, what do you recommend for my framework?, since I am mainly basing it on Pokémon Essential v20.1 and it will be something similar to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (especially since the sprites, the tiles and everything else is from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver since it seems to me a very good base).

Nothing else to say, do I leave it as it is, that is, a framework to develop fangames such as Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, or do I add more things to make it more innovative and interesting? You tell me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    implement server side to store user data information. maybe like cms. so the maker can monitor how many user play, can manage item price in market from backend. it can be wild. so the maker have ability to maintain the game it self. let say event from day A until day F all wild pokemon is pikachu.

Machibito22

Guillermo Brito
    Days
  • implement server side to store user data information. maybe like cms. so the maker can monitor how many user play, can manage item price in market from backend. it can be wild. so the maker have ability to maintain the game it self. let say event from day A until day F all wild pokemon is pikachu.

I think it's a good idea, I will try to implement it in my framework so that developers can use it in their fangames.

Back