• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red/Blue/Green Remade Twice?

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2012
    FR/LG are becoming more dated now that we are moving forward with the 3DS.

I recently replayed LeafGreen, and I felt as if the region was tiny, and the things to do where very limited. This having just finished Pokemon White for the first time, I thought about it for a moment.

How would you feel about a total remake of both Red/Blue/Green and a total rebuilt Kanto to go with it. By rebuilt I mean, larger Towns/Citys, larger and longer routes, and more stuff to do.

A battle frontier, a bigger Game Corner, more story and plot, and such.

Thoughts?

Kanto was remade twice, once in FR/LG, and again in HG/SS (Kanto is only accessible post-game). I don't really see the point of remaking Kanto again at this point.

Kanto was remade twice, once in FR/LG, and again in HG/SS (Kanto is only accessible post-game). I don't really see the point of remaking Kanto again at this point.

I think it be more along the lines of "Nobody, or very few people have played or know who Red is, what Team Rocket did, what Mewtwo's origins are"

At least, in Gamefreak's mind.

Well if they did, I would totally play it. If Kanto had the same graphics that Pokemon Black and White does, there would be alot more to explore and it would be more exciting. I've always been a huge fan of the classics so if they did a remake, I would get it mainly for nostalgia.

Like I say in every single one of these threads that pop up, NO. MORE. KANTO. I'm sick of the idea of remaking it again for the sole reason of members making these threads every time the other ones get inactive, lol. I swear you guys just plan these things to torture me. :( I know you do!

Like I say in every single one of these threads that pop up, NO. MORE. KANTO. I'm sick of the idea of remaking it again for the sole reason of members making these threads every time the other ones get inactive, lol. I swear you guys just plan these things to torture me. :( I know you do!

I actually agree with this. Kanto is outdated, small and very basic.

A full redesign based on the layout of the old Kanto would be amazing, and make me want to go there again. Imagine Saffron being a massive city, Mt Moon being more like Mt Cornet, and even a Game Corner with Voltorb Flip, Roulette, Slots, and other card games.

Team Rocket could have a larger effect on Kanto, a larger story, and more of a motive.

It'd be like R/B got made today. For the first time.

Last edited:
    You still have nostalgia goggles people that wouldn't want their beloved Kanto changed that much though, even for the better. :( That's the sad part. The people you think would enjoy this the most would probably just be completely against it.

And when I say I'm tired of Kanto, believe me, I am. lol It's showed up plenty of times in the series and I don't think it needs to be remade anymore. Just stop rehashing it. However, I'm a big Pokemon junkie and I'm really OCD with the main series games, so as much as I don't want Kanto to show up, I would buy it and play it. I'm sure I'd enjoy it, but at the same time, I don't want another Kanto game. There's a part of me that's bored with the region. ...I hope that makes sense. Basically my "I must have all main games" OCD would get the better of me. Haha.

3 times.
    R/B/Y (original Send off) G/S/C, FR/LG, HG/SS.

As for the OP.
    What your thinking of to me sound like a sequel like BW2 more than a remake.
    Bigger things and more things.

As for the Game corner, I'd see it getting ruined in a remake since GameFreak have had to stop the Game Corner's since it influenced gambling.

I'd rather if anything see a Yellow Remake and a Emerald remake side by side.

I'd hate to see Kanto remade. I loved the original style for it. However I don't mind the Johto remakes. not sure why. But yeah Kanto is good the way it is. I'd much rather see Green/Red/Blue brought over to the E shop

No more Kanto, for god's sake! If it had Pokémon from all regions then maybe... but if it was Kanto with Kanto Pokémon only then OMFG...
    We need Hoenn remakes, not something that was made many times before.

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that we've only had the RGBY/FRLG story twice. Yes, Kanto was rebooted for GSC/HGSS, but those were different games and the storylines and objectives within Kanto are also completely different.

In my opinion, if there's to be RSE remakes, there should be FRLG remakes as well, because all of the advanced generation games are as outdated as one another.

If they ever remake Kanto, they should create a real remake, not just add some fancy new graphics. And they should add new Pokemon too (new as in Johto/Hoehn/Sinnoh/Unova mons). It would be pretty boring playing the whole game again with just Kanto Pokemon in it.

Why are people calling advanced generation outdated? Because of the graphics?

R/S/E and FR/LG hold up really well in today's standards moreso than D/P/Pt even. Gameplay wise the only real change is the special and physical split which isn't huge in-game, especially not to the average consumer. The games are still very easy to pick up and play, and are even more fast paced than other generations to boot, so I don't know what is so outdated about them.

If it's the graphics, then with that mindset we might as well consider every game from the past generations to be outdated. I don't want to see my favorite generation done in BW's godawful pixelated graphics and uninspired artsyle and design, but that's unrelated.

EDIT: Kanto region isn't as small, empty or basic as Unova. Kanto had a well designed region that compliments the games well with its simplicity and its generally the preferred region to explore the first time.

Not talking nostalgia either, but at the time of its release and even by today Kanto is an excellent introduction region to the Pokemon franchise. It's not the best designed region, since I think that goes to either Johto or Sinnoh (sp? forgot), but the games they're featured in don't compliment them as well as R/B/Y/FR/LG does with Kanto.

Last edited:
    I mentioned this is my thread from a while back, but I think the next set of paired games, if they are remakes, should be dubbed as "Gen III remakes" and have one game as a remake of RSE (or just Emerald) and the other a remake of FRLG combined (or a remake of the Japanese Pokemon Blue) and pair the games together. This also means we get two completely different games, as opposed to two of what is essentially the same game with different version exclusives and the odd change to an area of the game.

No. Definitely, no.

I'm already against Hoenn remakes (because you can transfer Hoenn Pokémon all the way to Gen V), and another RBY remake would be even more pointless.

Back