• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

Ayselipera

The red Gyarados is one of the most memorable things
    about Gold and Silver, so I'm certain it will be in the remakes.
    Also in Platnium theres a camera man in either the fight area
    or survival area who makes a reference to the red Gyarados
    and how he made the video for it.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    i doubt they will take red gyrados out seeing as it was appart of the main story of the game. so they most likely will keep it in the game

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    well they could make it a different color. they could darken or lighten the red, and the one at lake of rage is the only one like it. that way the shiny gyrados retains its rarity

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    well they could make it a different color. they could darken or lighten the red, and the one at lake of rage is the only one like it. that way the shiny gyrados retains its rarity

It wouldn't really work out too well to change the color of it to a darker or brighter red, because it'll still retain the title as being a Shiny. Even if it's back as a shiny and becomes more common, it wouldn't make much of a difference seeing as the PokéRadar from DPPt has made finding shinies a lot easier and common for many other Pokémon.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I don't see a reason for it not to be in the game? xD;;;

Besides, wasn't a red Gyrados mentioned in DPPt near the beginning? If they were to take it out/change the color, it could mess with the continuity or connection of the regions.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    The Shiny Gyarados was an important part of the manga and games.

I also think that they will keep it the same level, 30.

And keep the moves similar [at least keep thrash and (dragon) rage].

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    your all right on that but the moves they got to change to newers dont you think

I wouldn't say it'll have to be changed, but I can see it being up to more DPPt standards. I doubt any exclusive moves will be given to it, as it isn't needed. Having it as a shiny is good enough, and DPPt gave it a pretty decent moveset as it levels up, not to mention the different kind of TMs Gyarados can learn now.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Duuuuuuuuude...
    I thought no one made a thead on this, so I've posted a thead
    of the same name....
    I guess I was wrong...
    Aw well....
    I MUST HAVE RED GYARADOS!!!
    RED IS MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!
    MUST...HAVE....RED!!!!!

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    you know what woould be funny? if they kept the red gyrados situation but made it a regular gyrados instead of red.

Years
    Of course it'll be there remember the intro to d/p. But I hope it gets replaced with shiny pichu instead
    NEWS FLASH!! Shiny Pichu spotted rampaging in a lake!

Nah. Shiny Pichu can stay inside the Odd Egg. ;)

I highly doubt Red Gyrados will be reintroduced to the game. This would make all the shiny Gyradoses out there useless.
    Your point? The Red Gyarados is integral to the plot. And it was THE original primer to shiny Pokémon. Who cares if a bunch of whiney bratty children are going to gripe that their self-caught shiny Gyarados are less special?

The Pokéradar tore the whole "rarity" thing to shreds, anyway.

As a rule of consistency, the Red Gyarados WILL be there. End of discussion.

I think it would be cool if it was actually strong. I always thought of it as a sort of a boss. Level 45 would be good, presuming your team is around Lv36-40 or so. (Remember: The Trio Legendary Pokémon were made available in the first two generations before your party reached their levels. If you can manage to catch, let alone defeat, these powerful Pokémon, you've earned it. (Well, unless you just turf the Master Ball... =/))

Years
    Definately will be in it. Looking forward to catching it, because the DPPt Gyarados/Shiny Gyarados sprites were awesome, and i'll finally be able to get one. I wont use it on my team though- as soon as competitive battling begins on HGSS, Red Gyarados'll be swarming around the place..
    I dont know if somebody's already said, but i believe the lake referred to in the beginning of DP (where the rumoured red Gyarados was spotted) is actually directly foreshadowing HGSS.
    No, wait. That's actually the most obvious thing in the world. Well, yeah, the Gyarados'll definately be there. I doubt it'll be level 40 or above. Maybe level 35/7, 30 is just that little bit low.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Definately will be in it. Looking forward to catching it, because the DPPt Gyarados/Shiny Gyarados sprites were awesome, and i'll finally be able to get one. I wont use it on my team though- as soon as competitive battling begins on HGSS, Red Gyarados'll be swarming around the place..
    I dont know if somebody's already said, but i believe the lake referred to in the beginning of DP (where the rumoured red Gyarados was spotted) is actually directly foreshadowing HGSS.
    No, wait. That's actually the most obvious thing in the world. Well, yeah, the Gyarados'll definately be there. I doubt it'll be level 40 or above. Maybe level 35/7, 30 is just that little bit low.

Having it as a level 30 wouldn't be much of a big deal. It was level 30 in the originals and might continue to be level 30 in the remakes. I don't think the level of a Pokémon would really matter much to the game makers, because no less you'll probably still be able to catch it and train it.

Having Red Gyarados in the game will basically keep the storyline in place and not put anything out of order from what Gold and Silver introduced for the Johto. Not to mention without the Gyarados Team Rocket loses out on one of their biggest plot schemes yet.

Also, the reference to it in DPPt was one of the biggest mentions to this remake. So, it means they haven't forgotten it, and will be shown more than likely.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I'm sure it'll be there, but what if they made it uncatchable? Like that one Marowak in the Pokemon Tower in RBYFrLg. It's certainly possible if they didn't want to make the red Gyarados the most common thing ever. I don't know if they'd do this, but I can't really imagine that they'd just let it be a free shiny without some kind of drawbacks. Maybe give it a set nature and IV's and make them really bad?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm sure it'll be there, but what if they made it uncatchable? Like that one Marowak in the Pokemon Tower in RBYFrLg. It's certainly possible if they didn't want to make the red Gyarados the most common thing ever. I don't know if they'd do this, but I can't really imagine that they'd just let it be a free shiny without some kind of drawbacks. Maybe give it a set nature and IV's and make them really bad?

The only real reason why the Marowak in FRLG was uncatchable was because it was a ghost, and it doesn't make sense catching a ghost. Plus, Gyarados is actually there, and of course, like they always do for us to calm it is in a battle. With this battle, I'm sure they'll give us the option of catching it. As much as I would hate the idea of giving it low IVs like how they did with the three roaming Legendary Beasts, I don't see it impossible. The nature will probably always vary as it just something that's not set in a game, unless it involves hatching a Pokémon. Having the Red Gyarados shouldn't be a problem having it overly common. With the introduction of the PokéRadar, like I've stated before, they've already made it easier for catching Shinies in a new way involving chaining.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    That may be true, but chained shinies are still "worth" something, since not everyone can chain well and not even everyone knows about it (little kids who don't use the internet probably wouldn't). But if the Red Gyarados is available in the storyline, everyone who completes the story will get one (and it wasn't even particularly difficult to catch, so it's unlikely that someone would accidentally kill it), making it even more common than chained shinies. There can be set natures and IV's (think ingame trades) for Pokemon that you can receive, so it's a possibility that that would happen.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    It has to be there. I remember catching it in Silver. I wouldn't care if it was lvl 30. I have had a nightmare training to beat Fantina on Pt, so I would be used to it. It was an important part of the story line so, why would they get rid of it?

Back