• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    you ever think maybe they mite make it a different color then red, maybe gold or silver depending on the version?

I doubt that would honestly happen. It'll just be too much for it, and probably mess up compatability with DPPt as it won't be tradable. It's a nice thought, but I'm fine with a Red Gyarados. Also, it'll just cause complications as people might start expecting other colors for more Pokémon rather than their basic shiny form they are all given now. To tell you the truth though, I'd say seeing a Gold and Silver Gyarados would be pretty weird, but I'd have to see how it looks first. I just don't see they'll do it. Plus, the facts and backstory behin the Red Gyarados really wouldn't add up if it were put this way.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    I doubt that would honestly happen. It'll just be too much for it, and probably mess up compatability with DPPt as it won't be tradable. It's a nice thought, but I'm fine with a Red Gyarados. Also, it'll just cause complications as people might start expecting other colors for more Pokémon rather than their basic shiny form they are all given now. To tell you the truth though, I'd say seeing a Gold and Silver Gyarados would be pretty weird, but I'd have to see how it looks first. I just don't see they'll do it. Plus, the facts and backstory behin the Red Gyarados really wouldn't add up if it were put this way.

how would changing the color of red gyrados from red to gold or silver make it not tradable? wouldnt it not be tradable because its red as it is already?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    how would changing the color of red gyrados from red to gold or silver make it not tradable? wouldnt it not be tradable because its red as it is already?

It probably won't be tradable as DPPt might not have the coding for a Silver or Gold Gyarados. Though, if possible they could simply end up converting it back to Blue or Red when traded, just like how the sprites are converted when traded between some of the games. Anyway, I wouldn't be to hopeful for this to happen, as like I said it may be a little too much for one Gyarados in the game. I prefer it to be Red anyway as it really does look cool in that form. Plus, if given a great sprite it looks even better. I'd prefer they simply leave it as it was, and having it the original level [30] would be not much of a big deal to me either.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    It probably won't be tradable as DPPt might not have the coding for a Silver or Gold Gyarados. Though, if possible they could simply end up converting it back to Blue or Red when traded, just like how the sprites are converted when traded between some of the games. Anyway, I wouldn't be to hopeful for this to happen, as like I said it may be a little too much for one Gyarados in the game. I prefer it to be Red anyway as it really does look cool in that form. Plus, if given a great sprite it looks even better. I'd prefer they simply leave it as it was, and having it the original level [30] would be not much of a big deal to me either.

personally i never liked the red gyrados its not much stronger then a wild regular gyrados plus it was way weak for that area of the game.

i hope they change the color from red to another color. honestly red was to standoutish

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I'd probably end up keeping the Red Gyarados if I don't have a Water poke in my team at that point.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I don't think they would change the color of it, red fits "The Lake of Rage" And the story behind it is it evolved under Team Rocket's control. I think the whole red concept should stay because its anger/rage it displays after being forced to evolve is represented by red which normally is the color of those emotions. Just my perspective of it though.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I can't believe this is being debated. Lemme make this perfectly clear:
    THEY'RE REMAKES!!!!
    The Red Gyrados is an integral part of the storyline. If it is not included, then the plot is messed up and it is not a true remake.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't jump for joy, but I wouldn't mind, he was alright.

I can't believe this is being debated. Lemme make this perfectly clear:
    THEY'RE REMAKES!!!!
    The Red Gyrados is an integral part of the storyline. If it is not included, then the plot is messed up and it is not a true remake.

I agree with both of you on this. For one, Red Gyarados is awesome, don't get me wrong. Though, he won't be used by me too much so I'm not overly excited for it. He's just another Pokémon, with a different color. Though, compared to all the other Gyarados' in the games, he is basically the same, no stat difference or anything.

However, this is a remake and not a new game featuring the Johto. So, you're right, taking the Red Gyarados out is like a big empty plot space. It was put in the originals for a purpose with Team Rocket. Seeing as they are still here and up to the same wrong doings, there is no reason for it to be removed or altered in any way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    Quick Question?

Hey everyone Im pretty knew to the game & one of my friends keeps bragging about this Red Gyarados.......is there anything that is higher or better of a pokemon then this thing? I mean its a water pokemon it cant be that amazing...thanks a bunch! :)

*dragon type lover*

Back