• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • Yeah, it's in my party.

I didn't have many good pokemon in my party, so Gyarados was a shoe-in to replace my Weepinbell...

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I don't like the idea of having a shiny Gyarados in the game. It cheapens the shiny version of it to practically nothing.

I didn't end up using it because it had too much redundancy with Feraligatr (moveset and type) and Luxray (physical sweeper)

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    actually...

i actually used Reddie (nicked!) as an HM slave ...

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    well i caught it and used it until i beat the whole game with it
    i think i mainly kept it because

1)i had a spare place in my party at the time
    2)i found it funny how the massive thing could follow you without water and how it could fit through doors and houses XD

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2013
    Gyarados is a great sweeper in competitive battling. If anyone is stupid enough to let him get a Dragon Dance in let alone 2+ then its pretty much game over right there. He covers a wide type variety with Waterfall, Stone Edge, and Earthquake and he can do much needed damage. He isn't worthless at all. Whoever is saying that clearly needs to learn their pokemon :p.

Pokeon-Girl

Breeze
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 14, 2010
    Red gyaradose is on my main team, I needed a water pokemon and who better than a shiney powerful one? The people who don't have gyaradose in their teams are fools! FOOLS I TELL YOU! haha jokes.

Years
  • I caught it, but sadly, I didn't use it =( It had such a bad nature, I think it was something like raising def/sp.def and lowering attack o.o Sometimes I wish there were no natures in the in-game part.... I didn't have any luck with one of my favorites, Suicune, either. It had impish nature x.x

Last edited:

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
    Years
  • I will catch it and train it a bit, but mainly it'll be an HM slave. Btw, if you have any ideas for an HM slave for Surf before I get Gyarados, please PM me.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I'm just planning on capturing it, and hopefully get a good nature and then put it on my PC. Maybe I might EV train it later.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Gyarados is a great sweeper in competitive battling. If anyone is stupid enough to let him get a Dragon Dance in let alone 2+ then its pretty much game over right there. He covers a wide type variety with Waterfall, Stone Edge, and Earthquake and he can do much needed damage. He isn't worthless at all. Whoever is saying that clearly needs to learn their pokemon :p.
    This is in-game we're talking about, pal. Yes, it's a powerhouse in competitive battles, but anyone that is even stupid enough to let it Dragon Dance more than once, like you said, is idiotic and doesn't deserve to be a competitive battler. It's like TTar.

In-game doesn't equivalate to competitive.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • that red gyarados would ov been exellent for my team but meh decided to toss it away like and old piece of food i also like gyarados's dragon breath and rage attacks

Back