• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red remake

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I've been making this clone of Pokemon Red, it's not very far along, I don't even have the opening sequence done yet, though I'm still making basic stuff.
    It's made in C++ using SDL.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Those screens look exactly the same!! Why don't you try remaking the newer games though?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I want to start with something more simple. Once it's done, I'll most likely be able to make newer games using the same system, so I won't have to start from scratch.

Also, I want to give it online multiplayer capability (possibly), but I've heard that people who have tried that with the newer games have received cease and desist letters from Nintendo, so I don't wanna risk it that much.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I guess that's true. Wish you all the best on this, evil_saltine.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
    Wow....that's like the real thing!! The font even looks correct! Hope you good luck making a red remake!

~Jeff

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I don't get it o.0 Why are you remaking it when most people just get a rom of it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read your second post.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Thanks everyone :classic:. I might have a (relatively small) demo up in a couple of weeks, I have to finish a few more gfx things then do mapping.

Who's mattcgn? I haven't been around here long.

Years
    evil saltine said:
    Also, I want to give it online multiplayer capability (possibly), but I've heard that people who have tried that with the newer games have received cease and desist letters from Nintendo, so I don't wanna risk it that much.
    strange that people making Pokemon gamesin BYOND somehow don't get those... anyway, how nintendo would know about it?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Well, there's a sticky here where you can find Nintendo's opinion on fangames. And there are Pokemon MMORPG's in development at the moment and they haven't had any issues with lawsuits from Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    huh you must have permision from nintendo(right?)
    But good work...
    Most people have rom...and this is old game(now most PPL play at pokemon r/s , fr/lf , emerald etc.

Thanks Matt ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Back